• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Question about Pin Trading Night Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about Pin Trading Night Pins

kidup

What's your damage?
Rating - 100%
34   0   1
Hey guys,
I don't know how many of you could help me out, as I don't know who has the Stitch PTN pin. I was looking at the 4 Ptn pins that I have and noticed that the color of the Stitch is more of a yellow color than a golden color. Here is a picture:
2bdc9043.jpg

I was looking through the pictures of the ones previously sold and they all seem to be more of a yellow color. The pin itself is a little thicker as well. Any help would be appreciated :p
Thanks guys.

I know my Rapunzel PTN pin is that same yellow color as your Stitch, and I believe someone else commented on the yellow coloring vs the gold. I think it might just be something that varies with each PTN pin - but don't quote me on that :lol:

We have all of the earlier Paris PTN pins. The first 3 are all more yellow then the rest of the "golden" ribbon pins(minus the Maleficent pin trading day pin). We do not have the last 8, or so, so I can not speak about them. All of ours are still on original card (minus 1, I think) and were bought when they came out so I know they are legit.

My wife and I are in the parks once or twice a week, and we keep our eyes open for all kinds of scrappers. We even compiled this pamphlet on it with the help of a lot of people here on DPF that we hand out to new traders: http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?1591-Check-this-pamphlet-out-suggest-changes-edits-etc.-UPDATED-WITH-LINKS!!!

Our experience has been that pin-on-pin pins such as the one in question are rarely if ever faked. There is too much metal involved when they could just make two or three simple flat cheap hidden mickeys instead; multiple layer pins like that just are not cost effective for China fakers to make. Its the same with any pin that is lenticular, or glow in the dark, or dangle pins, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back