• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Really need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really need some advice

Tabbikat2219

BANNED
Rating - 99.1%
210   2   0
6 weeks ago a trader here contacted me about some pins I had wanted back in October. She had picked them up during her trip to disney. I didnt hear from her until January when she said oh you probably dont need them anymore but I did get them. So even though I didnt need them anymore I offered to pay her for them (as she had purchased them for me) So I sent her the money via paypal as a gift. 2 weeks went by no pins so i pm'ed her she said her hubby was mailing them the next day. 4 weeks later still no pins I emaile dher again and she said her and the hubby were both sick. I told her no problem get better. Now its been 6 weeks and she isnt answering any of my messages. I am out 34.00 and no pins. I hesitate to leave negative feedback because she is a respected member here. However I think 6 weeks is more than patient and now she isnt returning any messages. What would you do? :(

Well if she said she mailed them the next day - which as I understand it was 4 weeks before you had to contact her again.. then there perhaps is no excuse. They should have been mailed and despite if they were ill then they would/should have already been sent. Maybe negative feedback is fair.

I'm sorry that you are in this situation again Tabby. It always happens to the nice/genuine people.

I hope you come to a resolution soon..

Regards,

Martin :) :)

You say respected member, but is she still active? I know there is a thread in the GD forum about trying to see if someone has been online as no one has heard from her in a couple of weeks.

Well as of her last contact she was active about 3 weeks ago and then nothing ........ Yes she did post in the GD she was sick but that was weeks ago I dont want to jump to conclusions but 6 weeks is a bit long and the last 4 messages I sent have had no response to both her acct on here and personal email

Unfortunately being a respected member may not mean much to her if:

1. She isn't answering her messages to you anymore and
2. She made an arrangement with you, here, on these boards; you kept up your end and paid her, but she did not send out the pins

I definitely think you have been more than patient and fair with her, giving her ample opportunity to send out the pins that you have paid for. At this point, if we still were on Dizpins, I would suggest turning the matter over to one of the moderators and asking them to get involved and sort out the situation. I have found that moderators usually are able to get replies when 'regular' members are not. However, as we no longer are on Dizpins, I don't know if the mods will get involved in something like this or if this is something we have to sort out ourselves. In any case, I don't think it would hurt to ask ... you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Also, normally, I would suggest contacting PayPal and contesting the payment as fraud ... but since you sent her the money as a gift, I don't know if that is something you can do. Since you gave her the money as a 'gift,' technically wouldn't you be under no obligation to receive anything for it?

As a last resort, definitely leave the negative feedback. It may not get you your pins, but it will let other traders know that you have had this problematic experience with her.

I'm sorry that you had this unfortunate experience and I wish you the best getting it sorted.

This would be an example why I dislike the request to send money as a gift. Assuming, that a person is legitimacy sick, or something else serious has come up, I'm sure they don't want to be running around refunding money/shipping pins, when it would be "simpler?/quicker?" for the buyer to make a Paypal claim and be done with it. Yeah, the buyer shouldn't be in that position, but at least there would be a way out of the money losing situation.

I hope you get some positive resolution soon.

If she posted in the forum she isn't well, then she might have a friend who can get in touch with her. I know last summer our world was turned upside down in a matter of 3 days (Paula had a benign tumor removed-but the not knowing if it was cancerous or not, plus the month of recoup) kept us away from trading.

that sucks Tabbi, Id definatley leave negative feedback as 6 weeks is long enough for them to send out pins, reply to you or send you a refund..its a tad rude for them to leave it for that amount of time.

Id like to know who it was so I can cross them off to trade with in the future.

I vote for leaving negative feedback,though the person and her husband may be sick,time enough has past that they're dodging now.I'm quite a sick person myself,but I know to at least manage to keep contact and always have someone I know finish what I was doing for me,pick stuff up/send out etc.

And yes,as the money was sent as a gift paypal will just respond with a sorry nothing can be done about it.Though you could complain to them that the person is selling things and requesting people send them the money as a gift so they can avoid the fees.Paypal no likey people abusing the system

That's cruddy - sorry to hear it. But yeah, I would definitely leave negative feedback. If the person returns and solves the issue, the neg can always be removed.

-JD

This would be an example why I dislike the request to send money as a gift. Assuming, that a person is legitimacy sick, or something else serious has come up, I'm sure they don't want to be running around refunding money/shipping pins, when it would be "simpler?/quicker?" for the buyer to make a Paypal claim and be done with it. Yeah, the buyer shouldn't be in that position, but at least there would be a way out of the money losing situation.

I hope you get some positive resolution soon.
I def agree. If I'm selling a pin then I know it is my responsibility to pay for the fee, as the person is doing me a favor in buying the pin. Especially when I spend a few hundred.

I agree with everyone....Negative feedback may not be the easy thing....but its the necessary thing. THere is no excuse for what happened..Its been too long of a wait...with no response.

Yeah I found out from a post in here that sending the money as a gift was trouble waiting to happen and now I send as payment owed. I guess I will just leave the feedback and if they ever reappear and either refund me the money or send the pins I will change it to Neutral I think i have been patient enough 6 weeks worth of patient

Ugh, so sorry that happened to you! I sure hope you can get some money back or that your pins will show up although I am sure it is hard to hold out any hope of that after so long. :( I agree with leaving the negative until you hear from her.

Tabbi, If your credit card is linked to paypal, you could file a dispute with the credit card. I've done that before and won.

I know exactly what it feels like. I'm about to leave feedback for my sale back in Jan. Never heard from this person again after I paid him money through Paypal - he didn't ask for it to be sent as a gift thank goodness. I hope sellers here stop asking for payment to be sent as a gift - I think it's also not a good idea to send a money order or check either but that's a choice the buyer can make if the seller accepts them.

Unfortunately my paypal is linked to my checking account so I guess I am just out the money but thank goodness it hundreds of dollars and I can say I learned a lesson to only send money as payment owed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back