• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Saying goodbye to trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying goodbye to trading.
fair enough erica :)

Im finding it hard to trade because people are simply trying to get the best possible pin they can for the pin I want, which in all fairness is fine but when its for nearly every pin on my trades list as I have other PTN pins Im willing to trade (as not fully decided yet if Im keeping or trading) and am offering them 1-1 and people are returning to me and offering less valuable pins for them when there are alot of pins on ebay that are not that costly.

Also to answer your question, Ive asked people Ive helped and nothing for me unfortunatley as I know they dont have to trade, but what annoys me is the threads that are for trading for anything to make trades and I get turned down...even when they say I want any .... pin and I offer and for some reason people seem to just by pass my offers...

Im sticking around here cant keep away or else I wont have anything to do during the day XD I may just try and rebuild my traders and come back with a clearer point in mind.

Maybe the trades you made in the past to the people you thought you were doing a favor for they thought it was a genuine trade, not a charity. And that's not how giving usually goes down whether it be with a zap or an intentional unbalanced trade. It's not about giving someone a good deal just so they will give you a better deal down the road.

If hundreds of trades are made here a day, and you somehow aren't getting good trades then maybe not everyone else is to blame. Ebay can be a reliable source for how much a pin is worth, but not always. And sometimes pins have more value to others due to maybe the memories of getting it for example. You should consider all p.o.v.'s.

I'm sorry to hear this :( I traded a few times but quickly found out it was easier just to go out and buy the pin. I've had great luck with sellers on the board, and when I find reasonable prices on ebay I quickly purchase them. I will say I adore Tammy for trading me one of my grails back in December.

I can totally understand your disappointment with the people you helped though. When someone goes out of their way to help you, out of common courtesy they should try to return the favor without you having to even ask them. I know when someone does me a favor, I always feel better when I do something nice for them in return. Even if they don't ask for a favor, it shows that I am grateful for their help and I'm not trying to take advantage of their kindness. Hope you have better luck buying your pins! Please keep us updated, as I always love to see your new stitch pins. We both have similar collections, and its always fun seeing real pics of pins on my wants list.

thankyou to everyone for the kind words. But at this moment in time Im out for good. its becoming clear when Im offering great pins for my wants and getting turned down left, right and centre.

its just a shame its come to this as I was having a blast...its down to the people wanting more and more and more for there pins even though Im offering then great pins in return...Im getting tired of it and dont see the point in it at all at anymore.

Danny, sorry to hear about your experiences. Like you, I stopped trading for a couple of years out of frustration with a number of scrapper trades. But to quote the philosopher Hector Barbosa "my hope was restored" after DPF was created. I have been able to trade with a number of folks in this forum and it has been great. I wish I had something you wanted.

K

You can't back down, your a wonderful trader!!!!!

I may have not gotten back to you lately, because I am coo coo for coco puffs, but have been thinking about you and your hubby! Oh and let's not forget Archie. :)

You are an asset to this forum Tanya.....never give up. What do you need, what are you looking for??? I'll help. :)

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

Only just seen this! Thanks, your comments have really brightened my day. :eek:)

I think my main problem is that some of my wants are harder to get now (e.g. Cars El Capitan Marquee pin). I'm usually happy to just buy pins that I want, but I'm having to really stop spending at the moment.

The pin I can get absolutely nowhere with is the first one in my signature, the princess & the frog engagement pin. i've got nothing that the people trading it are wanting. I've tried messaging to see if there is a specific pin they're looking for, as I could try to get that for them, but no response. I can understand it, it's not like there's loads trading, but it's still frustrating.

At the moment I'm trying to get the Piece of History movie pins. Sent out a load of requests this morning, so we shall see.

It's more the general attitude of some of the people I've encountered though. All nice to you one minute because you've got an LE100 or LE125 that they want, but then don't want to properly trade for them and only offer pins that I would consider lower value. I've not got many low LE pins for trade, so I'd rather trade for other similar LE pins.

Anyway, I'll stop hijacking Danny's thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back