• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION sharking

QUESTION sharking

AUTiger24

AUtiger24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a question as the term always has confused me as I just buy pins I like I don't really trade. Is what they call sharking does that pertain to alot of pin groups when it comes to selling pins and someone is buying or is that only with trading?didn't know if it is for both or only trading whern they say that.

Buying pins from the original source is fine and although there is a lot of oddities with the license sellers (Artland, PALM, etc.) and their pricing, buying direct from original retailer... mostly not sharking.

But buying secondary market or trading, I am not an expert, but in my experience sharking applies to both. Note: Most people who sell in the secondary market for money are trying to get profit and as such, I think sharking might happen more with cash transactions. But it happens way too often in general whether trading or selling.

The definition I have in my head of sharking: when someone purposefully takes advantage of someone else. The shark will gain money or pin with more profit than is reasonable. The person being sharked does not understand the actual value (or perhaps 'reasonable value' is better) and the shark takes advantage of it.

I hate it when they say it’s one of a kind and you find them like crazy on eBay and you possibly could find on Temu as of late …and they want 3 or 4 of your good traders for their one ..that drives me crazy

Judy

Back