• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Signature Sizes: Is it time to make an announcement?

Signature Sizes: Is it time to make an announcement?
For those who struggle with making these... mine is very, very simple, but that's cuz I just made it in paint. Then uploaded it to photobucket where I was able to resize it easily and insert it. It may not have fancy backgrounds, but if you make the numbers large enough, just about anyone's can be resized smaller and still work!

Come on everyone, it's time we went on a signature size diet! :) I know that I often can't see the right sides of many signatures as they go off the page! I want to see your most wanteds so I can help if possible!

For those who struggle with making these... mine is very, very simple, but that's cuz I just made it in paint. Then uploaded it to photobucket where I was able to resize it easily and insert it. It may not have fancy backgrounds, but if you make the numbers large enough, just about anyone's can be resized smaller and still work!

Come on everyone, it's time we went on a signature size diet! :) I know that I often can't see the right sides of many signatures as they go off the page! I want to see your most wanteds so I can help if possible!

Love paint for making sigs! I actually use paint for nearly everything I do on here now - I'm a simpleton when it comes to technology :lol: Though I have to give credit to my sister for making the pretty part of my sig =)

I'm posting here just to show off my new signature...thanks so much to Mermaid's_grotto for making it!

Beautiful!! :)

I hope I'm within the right size now.

It looks right to me - and it's awesome too! =)

Last edited:
let me join in this gimondo testing thread ... I think I'm going to need to switch up the text, but I should be infraction free

So I have noticed that signatures are getting bigger again. Does this mean that the restrictions are no longer on or that after the last go round nobody is policing them any longer?

ohh contrare mon frair, expect a new round of siggy warning and infractions to start soon, I just waiting on clarification of a few points, and as always reported siggys will get first attention, so if you know a few whom need to reduce size please let us know,either by sending any of the staff a list of names to check or by reporting them via the report button when you see them.

Thank you for bringing this back to attention it needs it!!!

I am so glad to see this resurface... I have been thinking the exact same thing, lately. Lots of huge siggy's. I love the creativity, but would rather be able to see the whole post 'n all without scrolling!

Ok I'm an idiot when it comes to PC stuff so I have no idea if my siggy violates anything. If it does then I need to know so that I can turn it off until changed. Anyone care to check for me? It was mad by a wonderful friend and I'm sure she did it right, but like I said I am clueless and would rather be safe than sorry.

Okay, so I made my signature exactly 225 pixels by 650 pixels and it is a LOT smaller than everyone else's?

Okay, so I made my signature exactly 225 pixels by 650 pixels and it is a LOT smaller than everyone else's?

Not sure what happened there, but what I see on your siggy is about 100 pixels tall by ...I'm estimating about 300 pixels wide.

What program did you use?

What image host are you using? I know sometimes when I upload an image, it will downsize the item if it goes over a certain limit or if the page its viewing on is too large...

**Edit: Weird, you're using photobucket which is what I use. How big was the image's KB size?

Last edited:
im with birthday boy on this, your siggy isnt the required size at all, plz double check both your settings on your uploader to your hostsite, and your settings here on DPF, something aint right, that is for sure, and no that small a siggy is not max regulations....

I agree with Cobb, wwierddd?????

I used photoshop to create it (in the specified size) then uploaded to this animated gif program where I added the gifs, specified size (which I specified 225 x 650) and this is what it came up with. UGH. I'm sure there's something wrong somewhere. I even tried to increase the size (by 3 times on the animated gif program) to see if maybe something went wrong and it still showed up this small.

UGH!

Will try again tonight :)

yup, checked photoshop, it's the correct size.

so, it must be the animated gif program?

I'm using imgflip.com

any suggestions for a different one?

Back