• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Someone stop me!! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ebay to your computer !

Blocked Ebay to your computer !

or ....

Win at poker or other games that can save a fortune...

Last edited:
It got so bad at my house that I had my hubby change my password on eBay and not tell me what it was for 30 days. It was hard, but now I'm able to demonstrate more restraint:) Most of the time anyway.

I've been going a little overboard with pins, since I joined the boards. But with my trip next month, I needed to cut back. It's now the 20th of April and I have not purchased any pins either on the boards or Ebay. I really hope to make it the next 11 days

I've gone totally mad lately! Between eBay & here on the boards, I've probably bought at least 60 pins in the last month. Maybe we should just sit on our hands for awhile.... That might help! Ya think?

I feel your pain!!! ebay is the only place I can get some of the pins I'm looking for and a lot have been popping up lately!

You all should not blame yourselves right now. It is a buyers market. I was able to pick up a $100 pin for $32. You can not pass that up! If you feel too guilty then sell some stuff to pay yourself back on the boards. It will help you to feel better. I seldom buy anything but since I have to sell now I browse a lot and trust me if you can afford it now is the time! I know I am not much help for the PINS ANON group forming here but I hope you feel better for it.

Sorry, stop you? If you are looking for someone to stop you, you have come to the *wrong* place, my dear.

Were you not aware that you've found probably what is the largest and worst group of *enablers* here? Instead of stopping you, we'll just commiserate with you about how much we've spent on pins (also way too much, by the way) before finding a way to rationalise and justify those purchases and encouraging you to spend even more. :lol:

YES! Everyone stop now (so I can sweep up all the deals for myself! :D).

We're totally in the same boat. I agree that it's definitely a buyer's market right now. We've been picking up so many pins from here and the 'bay. We keep telling ourselves we need to cut back. I even made a rule for myself to NOT click on any new threads that even hint at "new pins for sale". At least for a while. We need to get ready for our yearly trip to WDW later in the year. We can go crazy with pins there. :D

And the only way to not spend money on ebay is to not even look at it. Seriously, it's the only way. If you look, you will buy, because there are tons of deals right now.

Good luck! :)

Lets not chat about overspending. With the Alice pins and all the Mystery Stamp pins I have killed the cc. Really, I think it melted. Seriously hoping that a few upcoming photo sessions will bring in some extra cash to cover at least some of my splurging. Other than spending on a few Alice Movie History pins I am planning to be on a huge spending break for the next couple of months at least. I do plan to try and sell a few more extras and do some trading though so that I am not totally away from the pin fun. :D

Something else that makes it difficult is my ever-expanding wants list. I remember when I was happy keeping it around 200. Then it went to 500. Then 1000. I managed to finally get it under 1000 recently, only to have it balloon up to 1100 and beyond. Now I'm trying to get it below 1100...keep finding too many cool pins!
thAtWitsEnd.gif

I rather sell my pins here as you don't have the fess , but everytime I'm making head way toward the vow renewal one of our members lists my Tinker Bell Belle . I could not resist the deal . Working on my huge Tinkerbell pin board . So Excited ! I stay off ebay .

I rather sell my pins here as you don't have the fess , but everytime I'm making head way toward the vow renewal one of our members lists my Tinker Bell Belle . I could not resist the deal . Working on my huge Tinkerbell pin board . So Excited ! I stay off ebay .

Are you talking about this pin?:
pin73666

Sorry, stop you? If you are looking for someone to stop you, you have come to the *wrong* place, my dear.

Were you not aware that you've found probably what is the largest and worst group of *enablers* here? Instead of stopping you, we'll just commiserate with you about how much we've spent on pins (also way too much, by the way) before finding a way to rationalise and justify those purchases and encouraging you to spend even more. :lol:

+1 muuuuwhaahahahahahah!

OMG can we please put together a Pins Anonymous... pretty please. Hahah I barely spent $400 on pins in the last week. I've gotten some awesome pins, but I make that much in two weeks. On an amazingly awesome note, I barely won this on the bay today :) I'm not sure what its really worth, but I think I got a super deal on it. Now I need to decide whether to keep it or trade it for a grail.

pin47564th72
Pin 47564: Disney Auctions - Sleeping Beauty with Spinning Wheel and Fairies (Jumbo)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back