• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Suggestions

Suggestions

erudolf

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hi :)

I think you have a great start here! One suggestion I have is to add some more Disney touches. Like maybe change the forum icons up? I just think that would make it feel a little more homey for Disney nuts like us!

Keep up the good work! The Pinpics links is a great idea!!!

YES I did too,but Joette wrote that they cannot be takin in one of her posts...and I would respect that as they did alot of work on those

I would like to support this suggestion. I really liked that the DizPins site changed the colors and graphics of the forums every couple of months.
thanks! we plan to keep this tradition going using the forum banner at the top :)

I agree with Judy as far as Referrels. many of us have lots of referrals. It is my understanding that they will remain on Pinpics.
Is there a way to lave referrals through this site that will collectively be added to our existing referrals?

Also, as far as the look of the site. Sure it can be more disney but I am grateful just to have it. Regardless of how pretty is looks, as long as its infrmative and well maintained we should be happy, and this IS NOT DIZPINS. There are already many things here that I personally like more like even our profile info in the post with our wants and trades as well as bigger profile pics and ease of adding signatures and other stuff.

Thank you just for making it happen and I know as we go along, the things that needs to be changed or added will be.

we're definitely working on "disney-izing" the site a bit more as far as looks -- that's our priority at the moment, make DPF an inviting and welcoming place for the new and migrating members :)

we _are_ looking into a way to link current referrals to our own integrated Feedback system. We will have more news as we delve deeper into a solution :)

There are already some features here I would have liked to see on DizPins, which is great!

However, I have problems seeing with one glance which threads have unread posts. If I've understood correctly, the envelope icon should change color when all messages in a thread have been read. I can't see any difference. Could that be made clearer - perhaps by using closed/open envelope or two totally different icons?

Also, when the threads are starting to get longer, would it be possible to have a feature where you could enter a thread by clicking an icon which would take you directly to the first unread message? I hope that made sense...

Also, when the threads are starting to get longer, would it be possible to have a feature where you could enter a thread by clicking an icon which would take you directly to the first unread message? I hope that made sense...

I think I figured that one out by myself (go me!). There ARE two different icons, my old eyes just couldn't see the difference because the Icons Legend is so darn small. The fact why I didn't see a difference between read and unread threads is probably because the site started counting new messages for me AFTER I registered. So scratch that! It must have been your quickest fix yet :)

Let me know if you want smilies, graphics, etc. I will not confiscate them from the other place, I have my own. :)

1. What about an upcoming dlr/wdw pin releases section or stickey?
2. what about changing the color for read /unread envelopes/icons. even with reading glasses i have a hard time telling the read/unread ones apart.
3. Keep up the good work here
4. ? a fun section for games etc...
5. Keep up the good work!!

1. What about an upcoming dlr/wdw pin releases section or stickey?
2. what about changing the color for read /unread envelopes/icons. even with reading glasses i have a hard time telling the read/unread ones apart.
3. Keep up the good work here
4. ? a fun section for games etc...
5. Keep up the good work!!
1, 2, and 4 are in the works, Katy. As for 3 and 5, thanks! :)

Back