• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Temu Disney Pins?

What is Temu? I've been getting spammed by/about them for the past several weeks - they go right to junk mail - had no idea they actually were a thing? (Not that I'd buy from anyplace that was spamming me that I'd never contacted before.)

What is Temu? I've been getting spammed by/about them for the past several weeks - they go right to junk mail - had no idea they actually were a thing? (Not that I'd buy from anyplace that was spamming me that I'd never contacted before.)
It’s kinda like aliexpress/alibaba but a little shady(?). Actually more in line with Wish, probably

Last edited:
Ok, never heard about Wish, but sis gets a few things here and there from Temu...little knick-knacks and stuff like that

Ok, never heard about Wish, but sis gets a few things here and there from Temu...little knick-knacks and stuff like that
It’s probably fine — I’m just weary of ordering from these places — even aliexpress/alibaba, but for little things, it’s impossibly cheap

I mean even Amazon nowadays is a lot of rebranded stuff that all comes out of the same factories in China; paying more for the same exact thing on Amazon usually just means there’s better quality control and marketing

It’s probably fine — I’m just weary of ordering from these places — even aliexpress/alibaba, but for little things, it’s impossibly cheap

I mean even Amazon nowadays is a lot of rebranded stuff that all comes out of the same factories in China; paying more for the same exact thing on Amazon usually just means there’s better quality control and marketing

Yeah, I saw Amazon basic for home goods-types stuff and was like, huh? When did they start having their own brand of batteries, TP, etc.?

I saw some cute clothes on there. Super cheap.

But after reading above comments, maybe I’ll take a pass ? Anyone buy clothes from them? And if yes, how was your experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a cardigan with a Halloween print of pumpkins and black cats for less than $2! It is beautiful, good quality, and fits perfectly. I love it.
I also bought some strings of outdoor solar lights for my fence and patio for around $3 each and they are good quality, easy to set, and have been going strong since last summer.

I love Temu ,don’t like they are selling Disney items and saying they are real …but I bought kitchen ware and mostly jewelry and everything’s great if you dont get your items by their delivery window ,they give you a $5 credit ,and I always check my orders as you can get price adjustments on the items you buy ,

judy

thinking out loud — since there’s a social aspect to Temu and lots of items fall into the “group buy” type purchase with lower prices the more people
participate in the purchase, maybe DPF can have a thread for members to organize purchases from there (?)

I don’t shop on Temu, but just a thought.

thinking out loud — since there’s a social aspect to Temu and lots of items fall into the “group buy” type purchase with lower prices the more people
participate in the purchase, maybe DPF can have a thread for members to organize purchases from there (?)

I don’t shop on Temu, but just a thought.
what do you mean ,I could do it ..all depends how ,I could be a Temu Guru ..hehehe

I've bought a lot of stuff from Temu (even a $150 laptop that I am actually quite impressed with. It's low-end for sure, but for what I needed it for it's perfect and new (so it runs Win 11). My old laptop was from the XP days, so needed a bit of an upgrade..)
I've bought lots of shirts (included a NMBC shirt I wore to DL...) I've found that I want to get a size larger than I normally wear, as their shirts seem to run a bit small...

As for authenticity, I've encountered two situations
1- seems to be the factory (or someone with access to it) selling the same official products cheaply. I got a 'Lucas the Spider' plush from them for dirt cheap, and it was the official licensed product that sells online for much more. (I assume I'm basically depriving the copyright holder of their profits though, so there could be moral issues there...)
2- Or, it's a factory selling a cheap knock off, and using official pictures to advertise their product. (There was a Sisu dragon from Raya on there, and they were showing pictures with obviously an official Sisu plush, but if you looked at the comments and pictures from customers, the item they were selling looked horrible, clearly just a 'we made one that looks like this picture', but did it blindfolded...)

So, before you buy anything, look at the reviews, especially ones with pictures of what they actually received. If there aren't reviews, either look for other listings of that same product, or just pass on it (or take the risk if it's really cheap and you want to see what they send)...

It is similar to Amazon in the sense that I don't think 'Temu' themselves sell anything. It's just a store front, and anyone can create an account and start selling things, so the quality can be all over the place... And, for many things, you will find them being sold by more than one person, and possibly with some price variance.

But with careful purchasing, I've only ever received one thing that didn't actually work, and I was able to return it (and they didn't want it back, just refunded my money and I threw it out).
A friend of mine uses it a lot too for trinket like things, and she's 'returned' a lot of stuff (she says you are allowed one return per order), and only once did they want the item physically returned... I would imaging cheap things like pins they would just tell you to keep and refund your money.

And also be aware that shipping can be slow, especially if you are used to Amazon. Sometimes it will ship from a domestic hub, other times it literally is coming straight from China, so it can take 2-3 weeks sometimes...

But again- the most important thing- look for customer reviews with photos! That's where you will see the truth... :)

I've bought a lot of stuff from Temu (even a $150 laptop that I am actually quite impressed with. It's low-end for sure, but for what I needed it for it's perfect and new (so it runs Win 11). My old laptop was from the XP days, so needed a bit of an upgrade..)
I've bought lots of shirts (included a NMBC shirt I wore to DL...) I've found that I want to get a size larger than I normally wear, as their shirts seem to run a bit small...

As for authenticity, I've encountered two situations
1- seems to be the factory (or someone with access to it) selling the same official products cheaply. I got a 'Lucas the Spider' plush from them for dirt cheap, and it was the official licensed product that sells online for much more. (I assume I'm basically depriving the copyright holder of their profits though, so there could be moral issues there...)
2- Or, it's a factory selling a cheap knock off, and using official pictures to advertise their product. (There was a Sisu dragon from Raya on there, and they were showing pictures with obviously an official Sisu plush, but if you looked at the comments and pictures from customers, the item they were selling looked horrible, clearly just a 'we made one that looks like this picture', but did it blindfolded...)

So, before you buy anything, look at the reviews, especially ones with pictures of what they actually received. If there aren't reviews, either look for other listings of that same product, or just pass on it (or take the risk if it's really cheap and you want to see what they send)...

It is similar to Amazon in the sense that I don't think 'Temu' themselves sell anything. It's just a store front, and anyone can create an account and start selling things, so the quality can be all over the place... And, for many things, you will find them being sold by more than one person, and possibly with some price variance.

But with careful purchasing, I've only ever received one thing that didn't actually work, and I was able to return it (and they didn't want it back, just refunded my money and I threw it out).
A friend of mine uses it a lot too for trinket like things, and she's 'returned' a lot of stuff (she says you are allowed one return per order), and only once did they want the item physically returned... I would imaging cheap things like pins they would just tell you to keep and refund your money.

And also be aware that shipping can be slow, especially if you are used to Amazon. Sometimes it will ship from a domestic hub, other times it literally is coming straight from China, so it can take 2-3 weeks sometimes...

But again- the most important thing- look for customer reviews with photos! That's where you will see the truth... :)
Temu could also be a seconds market selling items rejected during QA for the primary market. Not sure.

Back