• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The DPF Super Tangled Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DPF Super Tangled Giveaway!
:) I'd love to move to America one day and work at WDW.

It's definately just a dream though, as I don't think I'd ever have to guts to move to another country. :lol:

Yeah, it would be scary to do that! But you have to admit, UK-to-USA or vice versa would be one of the easier moves...especially with the bonus of gaining access to a different Disney park! :)

Forget the contest.....Really, this is a great thread in and of itself. I have laughed, smiled, groaned, and wished I could hug a few of you.

A philosophy that has helped -- most of the time -- when I don't lose sight of it - is "What my mind can concieve and believe, I can achieve".

I have obtained all of my goals. The foremost, having a happy life and liking who I am .....not perfect, but I am genuine. My goals and prayers when I was younger was to have a career, a house, a loving marriage, in-laws who adored me (face it, in-laws can and will make or break a marriage), and God willing - children. Oh, and meet my favorite Scifi writer, Anne McCafferey! Guess what -- got it all -- Including meeting Anne! And even better, God gave me a hubby that was 10-times better than I asked for. Every night I go to sleep with a grin on my face - He loves me with all my flaws and I totally adore him. We both find it hard to believe we've been together for 12 years. 50 more years with him won't be enough!

So, now I am seeking new goals. The first (work in progress), raising our daughter and son to be confident, happy, balanced individuals. Who will, after they make it through their I-know-everything-get-with-the-times-mom-and-dad-teens, look at me and say "No matter what happened, Mom and Dad, we knew and felt you loved us". The second, is find a new career - I. Have. No. Idea. What. To do!

This is an inspiring thread. Potentially, a field of diamonds.

Last edited:
Well, I would love to be in charge of pins at WDW. That includes organizing events, helping with pin designs, and shaping up the DS.com debacles that seem to happen daily. I think they need a pin lover in charge!

And I'd love to visit Scotland. I've just always thought it would be a cool place to visit!

I have a goal of someday visiting all 50 states in the US. I'm more than half way there....and am still hopeful that it will happen.

My dream would be to move from being a Disney Store CM to putting my graphic design degree to use; designing corporate marketing or store layouts for Walt Disney World! :)

My other dream is a house of our own with my husband, 2 kitties, a horse, and a baby! Once I find a steady well paying job of course. ;)

:wavey:

Two types of dreams: One of my personal enjoyment dreams is to return to the Mediterranean on a Disney cruise ship (but can't this year). My career dream is to motivate young biology students to want careers in biology- lab or otherwise.

What wonderful, fun and touching dreams people have!

We live in my better half's flat and rent out my apartment minus one room we use for storaging my tens of thousands of comic books, toys and other investments for the future (my better half has another name for them - it rhymes with rap). It's no fun collecting for storage, so my dream is to one day have an apartment or - gasp - a house where I could have a room or two to properly display my treasures without disrupting my better half's silly minimalistic interior designs. I mean - what's the point of having a lot of surfaces if you can't put stuff on them?!

Okay, I know this tread isn't meant for reacting on eachother, but I wished I could come to all of you to give you lot's of hugs and try in any way to help (even if it's only doing something like the dishes so you could all enjoy a little time with family and friends). It's so special, good, sad, funny etc etc to read all your stories.

With love from the Netherlands
Dottie

my mom is 86 and has gone downhill fast . It went from me caring for her , to 2 days in nursing care to now over a week in the hospital and she truly is ready to go home and see her parents again . My wish is her prayer . As she has dementia and now sometimes forgets me . It's heartwrenching !
My husband has acute COPD (non smoker) worked in perfume factory way back when and now bakes . He's only 50 and this past year we werent sure if we'd see tomorrow not along next year . I had to leave my soulmate to care for mom when he needed me too . He is an unbelieveable, kind, person .
We are in the planning stage of our 25th vow renewal next year at WDW . I hope both wishes come true .

Last edited:
My dream is to be able to live at home without the assistance of a home health aide. To be healthy enough again to take care of myself so I can start my life ("when will my life begin?") I'm 28 and wondering if I will ever get past my health issues and really dream of a family of my own and being able to care for them myself. Such a big dream though....I wish....but that's what stars are for! :)

Hopefully I've just made it to this fabtastic giveaway! I've just retunred back from WDW & through pin trading I hope that with a little bit of "Trade Magic" I've touched a few hearts over the last 2 weeks - giving that odd pin away to a child & helping them & their families along the way to completing sets etc is a great feeling!

For me I'd love to be up front with pin releases & maybe work on the odd design or three - most of all I want to make Cast members & guest smile!!

One of my biggest dreams is to travel to Australia to visit where my grandfather was stationed during WWII. He always wanted to go back before passing away, but he was never able to. I would love to make that trip for him.

Thanks to everyone who entered! We hope everyone enjoyed reading about everyone's dreams and sharing their own. We'll announce the winners in a few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back