• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The DPF Super Tangled Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great thread, I have loved reading every one of these entries and feel like I have learned a bit about all of you.

As for me, when my 4th (last) child was born, I remember talking to my husband and saying "you know, when the kids are all in school, I think I want to go to nursing school." (I have previous degrees in another field). One year later, my husband was diagnosed with brain cancer, and 17 months after that, he died. Our kids were 9, 7, 4 and 2 and our life as we knew it was blown apart.

Since his death, I have sold our house, moved 2000 miles away, relocated us all, and now lo and behold, time has passed and all my kids are old enough to be in school full-time.

It took me a while to figure out what all my prerequisites and what I would need to apply to nursing school, and last fall I took my first class (org. chemistry). This semester I am in Biochemistry and just preregistered for next semester.

This is poignant for me because tomorrow it will be 5 years since he died. It's always a hard time of year for me, and sometimes I still can't believe it's real. He was only 44 when he died, and such a smart, funny guy. I wish he was here to tell that I am actually taking Chem classes! So I will tell all of you instead. :)

Laura

If you need any emotional support at all, Laura, don't hesitate to call on any one of us DPF members for a perk up!

Last edited:
My dream is for my daughter to grow up to be a strong, capable, compassionate woman and to iron out my health problems enough to give her a sibling... That second part doesn't have to happen too fast though ;)

My children are 10. My dream is for them to grow up healthy and happy, find the person God has set aside for them and for them to follow God's plan for their lives. I want to grow old with my husband and for us to be healthy enough to play with our grandchildren (My father died when he was 47, so he never knew my children and that saddens me). I dream of seeing Disney for the first time - AGAIN - thru the eyes of my grandchildren. Because, even though I had been before, seeing it thru my childrens' eyes is a memory to cherish!!

Nice contest!!!

I have two that come to mind:

1) I'd love to work for Disney doing something on the creative side. I don't know what....not sure if a mathematics background would really work for that, but I can dream right? lol

2) If I ever won the lottery and didn't have to work, instead of a Dalmatian Plantation I'd like to have a Guinea Pig plantation. I recently lost my sweet little piggy, but having her made me realize what amazing little animals they are and how horrible some of them are treated. When we first got her she just came in her little cage and that is where she hung out. We just thought that was normal. But the more and more we just let her run around, the more of a personality she developed! It got to the point where she would actually come into the bedroom in the morning and wake me up!!! She was just so wonderful and it just made me so sad for all the guinea pigs who spend their entire lives locked up in small cages. :cry: So that's my dream, a Guinea Pig plantation.....with about 1,000 Wall-E robots that follow all the piggies around and clean up after them! :)

mine is to be a designer for Disney or creative director, along the lines of visual mechadising, advertising etc, in the parks really!! and to live in Paris :D. best get this Design degree :D

my lifes dream was accomplished when i married my high school sweetheart and have 3 wonderful children.but my later in life dream is to write childrens books that have a peaceful,positive outlook on daily troubles lil one experience in their day to day lives and help teach them how to get through those trials.i also would love to open an irish bbq place with my hubby someday.and to help children in 3rd world countries learn to read,but im already part of an orginization that does that.

What a great thread, I have loved reading every one of these entries and feel like I have learned a bit about all of you.

As for me, when my 4th (last) child was born, I remember talking to my husband and saying "you know, when the kids are all in school, I think I want to go to nursing school." (I have previous degrees in another field). One year later, my husband was diagnosed with brain cancer, and 17 months after that, he died. Our kids were 9, 7, 4 and 2 and our life as we knew it was blown apart.

Since his death, I have sold our house, moved 2000 miles away, relocated us all, and now lo and behold, time has passed and all my kids are old enough to be in school full-time.

It took me a while to figure out what all my prerequisites and what I would need to apply to nursing school, and last fall I took my first class (org. chemistry). This semester I am in Biochemistry and just preregistered for next semester.

This is poignant for me because tomorrow it will be 5 years since he died. It's always a hard time of year for me, and sometimes I still can't believe it's real. He was only 44 when he died, and such a smart, funny guy. I wish he was here to tell that I am actually taking Chem classes! So I will tell all of you instead. :)

Laura

Bless you Laura! You have been through so much! What an inspiration! Hugest of ((HUGS))!!

My life dream is to have me cancer free..it not coming back,and to be able to go to Disneyland 2012 for Larry and my 25th wedding anniversary

and that is a dream you certainly deserve to have come true! Many good thoughts and prayers being sent your way that all these are a reality! :)

How about a package of Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs? :lol:

LOL! I was rolling when I read this! Too funny!!

All of these are such amazing dreams. I was all teary eyed with some of them especially if they are about your children. I don't talk about it much b/c I get emotional about it but my 4 year old son is autistic. Luckily it is not on the severe side but it is there none the less and we work every day to get him to where he needs to be. He is in a great school for children with minor to severe disabilities. He has been in the preschool class there for 2 years and we hope to keep him there one more year before Kindergarten. We have his progress and placement meeting May 4th so I am eager to hear the thoughts from all of his therapists and teachers. The whole team there is just amazing. They all love him and have helped him come SO FAR from where he started. He loves it there which is a huge plus. He gets sad on non school days...haha While things can be very very hard with him, esp his sensory problems we have so many hopes for him. If I could have one dream it would be to have him lead a full (and normal as possible) life where he will one day be able to have his own family. I think that breaks my heart more than anything else to worry that he will not have that. From the progress he is made is 2 years though we have such high hopes for him. He is honestly one of the happiest kids you could ever meet. He is a real light in our lives and has been from the day he was born.

Another dream since I have not shared enough of them (hehe) is to move down to FL and work for Disney. We considered just taking the plunge and moving down there while dh was having so much trouble finding a job. We had looked into apartments and everything but when you have so much family here begging you not to go you hold off. It is something I would definitely like to do at some point though and preferably before the kids were too old to actually enjoy living that close to Disney. haha :)

My dream would be to win the lottery, buy a big plantation home with a butler and maid, and travel the world. :)

But if I don't win the lottery I would very much like to finish school and earn my degree before I'm 30.

my dream is to one day own my own wedding planning company. I've done some work as an assistant on day-of weddings, but it's hard to get people to give you a chance to plan their wedding (even if it's almost for free!) if you don't have enough experience. it's that old catch-22 situation: how do you get experience if you don't have clients, but how do you get clients if you don't have experience?? but i keep trying! and if i can't have my own company...how amazing would it be to work for Disney Weddings?!?!? my other dream is to get married (i have about 6 different "dream weddings" of my own, how will i choose?!? lol) and have children, i can't wait for that. =)

my boy's dream and passion is music. and boy is he good at it. it can be scary putting yourself out there, but i know he's got it, so i'll say his dream would be to have his music out there and that he and his band get a record deal and "make it" and tour, and all that.

i did achieve one of my dreams already though...i stopped smoking - today is 7 months!! woohooooo!!!!

Wow! What an awesome prize!

My dream is to become a Business Studies and Economics teacher.

I am currently studying for a degree in Business and Management with Economics and Operations as my main two stream focuses.

Hopefully I'll be living this dream in 2-3 years!

Martin :)

I have always dreamed of writing for television. I would love to be on a team of writers that gets to write the stories people love to watch week to week. It could be comedy or drama or sci-fi, doesn't matter!! :)

Well I have a couple of dreams but the one that I want the most is to have custody of my children and have them living with me. Due to me not working when I got divorced back in 2005 in the *great* state of Tennessee, the court decided that I was not able to provide lifes nessasary needs...i.e. food, clothing and shelter for my two kids. My daughter was 4 and my son was almost 6. They now live in Ohio with their father(a piece of work), I talk to them on the phone every week and just cry knowing that my ex is the reason I dont get to see my kids more. I get to see them durring summer break but that is only 2 months out of the year! :( So my dream is that my ex pull his head out of a very dark hole and reailize that I am NOT the problem...In any case I just wanna tell my kids good night and kiss them on the forehead EVERY NIGHT! That would be a WONDERFUL thing to have.

My second dream is becoming a reality. After years of not knowing what I wanted to do, having odd jobs for 4 months here and 8 months there, I FINALLY found my calling for cakes! I am now growing my cake business...my dream for it is to have my own storefront in American Canyon California and have people drive for hundreds of miles to get a cake from me! Plus if my first dream came true I would have 2 helpers( as they both LOVE to bake) :)

So there you go...those are my dreams......

Well I have a couple of dreams but the one that I want the most is to have custody of my children and have them living with me. Due to me not working when I got divorced back in 2005 in the *great* state of Tennessee, the court decided that I was not able to provide lifes nessasary needs...i.e. food, clothing and shelter for my two kids. My daughter was 4 and my son was almost 6. They now live in Ohio with their father(a piece of work), I talk to them on the phone every week and just cry knowing that my ex is the reason I dont get to see my kids more. I get to see them durring summer break but that is only 2 months out of the year! :( So my dream is that my ex pull his head out of a very dark hole and reailize that I am NOT the problem...In any case I just wanna tell my kids good night and kiss them on the forehead EVERY NIGHT! That would be a WONDERFUL thing to have.

My second dream is becoming a reality. After years of not knowing what I wanted to do, having odd jobs for 4 months here and 8 months there, I FINALLY found my calling for cakes! I am now growing my cake business...my dream for it is to have my own storefront in American Canyon California and have people drive for hundreds of miles to get a cake from me! Plus if my first dream came true I would have 2 helpers( as they both LOVE to bake) :)

So there you go...those are my dreams......

WOW! I can not imagine how difficult that has got to be. My heart breaks for you! :( I pray you are able to get them back in your life to see them every day! Many many ((HUGS)) being sent your way!

Thank you so much--everyone--for your kind words and wishes. They mean a lot, and I send them right back to you. It is brought back to me, reading everyone's stories, that it is really true that you never know what someone may be going through, so be kind in the world.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but did want to reply and say, may we *all* have our dreams come true.

Bless you Laura! You have been through so much! What an inspiration! Hugest of ((HUGS))!!

and that is a dream you certainly deserve to have come true! Many good thoughts and prayers being sent your way that all these are a reality! :)

LOL! I was rolling when I read this! Too funny!!

All of these are such amazing dreams. I was all teary eyed with some of them especially if they are about your children. I don't talk about it much b/c I get emotional about it but my 4 year old son is autistic. Luckily it is not on the severe side but it is there none the less and we work every day to get him to where he needs to be. He is in a great school for children with minor to severe disabilities. He has been in the preschool class there for 2 years and we hope to keep him there one more year before Kindergarten. We have his progress and placement meeting May 4th so I am eager to hear the thoughts from all of his therapists and teachers. The whole team there is just amazing. They all love him and have helped him come SO FAR from where he started. He loves it there which is a huge plus. He gets sad on non school days...haha While things can be very very hard with him, esp his sensory problems we have so many hopes for him. If I could have one dream it would be to have him lead a full (and normal as possible) life where he will one day be able to have his own family. I think that breaks my heart more than anything else to worry that he will not have that. From the progress he is made is 2 years though we have such high hopes for him. He is honestly one of the happiest kids you could ever meet. He is a real light in our lives and has been from the day he was born.

Another dream since I have not shared enough of them (hehe) is to move down to FL and work for Disney. We considered just taking the plunge and moving down there while dh was having so much trouble finding a job. We had looked into apartments and everything but when you have so much family here begging you not to go you hold off. It is something I would definitely like to do at some point though and preferably before the kids were too old to actually enjoy living that close to Disney. haha :)

I was laid off of my dream job a year and a half ago. My dream is to get back into my chosen field doing my job for another theatre.

My dream is that my husband starts his own successful business doing what he loves to do. We are so close to starting it--loan approved, supplies bought, customers in line....here's praying it succeeds.

He has worked SO hard, for so many at 60-70 hrs a week. I can't imagine how he has managed to keep his sanity! It would be so nice to see him more and see him happier!

Our dream is to retire and move to the Orlando area. Debby wants to be a CM and I want to enjoy the parks as much as possible. We also hope to visit each of the Disney Parks around the world and take at least one Disney cruise, preferably trans-Atlantic.

I am already living my dream. I didn't have much growing up as a kid. I was the first in my family to go to college and then to grad school. I now work in the career that I dreamed about since I was 5. I have found my soul-mate in my wife Allison, I have 4 amazing well-rounded kids. I can ony aspire to become a better father and a better husband, something I must work at every day.

I would love to work for WDI. While I've had some great experiences visiting there, I just haven't been able to become an Imagineer.

Other than that, I would like to be in a position where I can be creative and change things for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back