• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The PRICE at DisneyStore.com!!! Are you KIDDING ME!!! I just can't afford this hobby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PRICE at DisneyStore.com!!! Are you KIDDING ME!!! I just can't afford this hobby!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well............ I love Walt pins ............I have no idea why, I just do.
Walt pins is what got me started ~ and I thought would keep me ~ in pin trading.

But I just will not pay $19.95 + tax + shipping (can't always find a free shipping code for $40) for this pin:

I want it very much ~ actually I want two! One for my frame of Walt pins and one for my purse strap! But when I figure I have to work over 5 hours to just get two pins ~
well, I just can't do it! Not anymore ~ and not in this economy.

:sad: ................ Very Sad.............. :sad:

Is there something else you need that cost $10? There's another free shipping code that's for $50, its SHIPONLINE. Hope that helps.

maybe someone else who is placing an order can order one for you so u can get the pin at cost. I do have to say that the couple from this set that I got are really nice but it would be good if everyone could afford them!

I agree, these pins are way too expensive. The semi annual pin sale will be coming up in a couple of months.

The next Semi-Annual sale should be in August. With any luck we will see some discounts before then.

I'm a little late to the party obviously, because I didn't know the pins sales are semi annual :lol:

Luckily nothing on DS.com has caught my eye since the Tangled releases, but I have noticed the prices slowly seem to be climbing :( And the shipping is just a killer!

In this economy I thing WAITING, or, TRADING is the best route. I make a printout of what I want from DS.com and make the purchases during either the February or August sale (if they are available). Otherwise I try to Trade for the pins, the days of purchasing them outright are long-gone in this economy.

Plus, the price increases at DS.com are just crazy!!

Mike S.

I agree that is a nice pin, as it keeps catching my eye and that many of the 110th Legacy collection pins are higher than I seem willing to pay. It is LE250, so I'm willing to wait for the price to come down.

I'm afraid they're not going to last that long (at least the nicer ones). Since Disney is also selling these pins in Japan, they shouldn't have the full 250 available in the States. Wonder what the break down is?

Sounds like false advertising to me! They are the same pins after all.

With so much changing can we be sure there will be an Annual Sale??

Yes, their prices are higher. And I agree that I won't be buying as much. But, considering what they see collectors pay for pins on the secondary market, can we really blame them for wanting more of the proverbial pie? Is it in their best interest? Only time will truly tell.

Last edited:
I had no idea there was a semi annual sale. There's some pins at DS.com that I'd like to pick up but just refuse to pay full price. I'm too thrifty to pay full price!

I had no idea there was a semi annual sale. There's some pins at DS.com that I'd like to pick up but just refuse to pay full price. I'm too thrifty to pay full price!

The rising prices coupled with rising edition sizes burn me. I can understand pricier pins that are apart of a smaller edition size, but when a pin is apart of an LE 2000 and is $19.95? I would have to really, excruciatingly want that one pin for my collection!

I feel the same. I have put that pin in my cart twice and could not pull the trigger. I collect Donald and trains but $20 is killing me.

There are a few I want in this series, but to pay $15-$19 plus shipping is just too much for me & they arent even jumbo pins!

With so much changing can we be sure there will be an Annual Sale??

Yes, their prices are higher. And I agree that I won't be buying as much. But, considering what they see collectors pay for pins on the secondary market, can we really blame them for wanting more of the proverbial pie? Is it in their best interest? Only time will truly tell.

To me, there is a major difference in the pins that I buy on the secondary market versus what they are selling right now. The last 2 pins I bought(other than Alice Unevent pins...don't get me started there...) were Gomes pins and the one before that was another DA pin. If they start selling Gomes again, I'd be happy to pay the price, but what they're putting out is nowhere near that- in size or quality- in my opinion.

I'll have to echo the comment on the price. Far too small a pin and far too large a price. For those who post feedback / respond to survies, that is the type of feedback they need to be hearing. :nono:

As for selling on Disney Mall (Japan), that is a new on on me. I've not check that web site, having no way to order from them anyway. But I suspect many of these pins will be coming down in price and available for the Sale. Combined with limited releases and little that I've felt are "must have" pins, my pin budget is getting far too fat/happy after the lean days of last October and the halloween pins.

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice how inconsistent the prices are for the 110th Legacy Collection? For example:

110th Legacy Collection Miss Bunny and Thumper Bambi Pin 2 1/5'' H x 2 1/2'' W $14.95

110th Legacy Collection Figaro and Cleo Pinocchio Pin 1 2/3'' H x 1 3/4'' W $16.95

110th Legacy Collection Dumbo Pin 1 5/8'' H x 2'' W $19.95

It's obviously not going by size of the pin... And I hope the fact that there is a special backer card isn't what is raising the prices (Thumper shows a regular card, the others have the special Legacy card).

Unless I'm just not catching what is so special about some of these pins to make them so expensive... I'll have to agree with everyone else here. I won't be buying any of these pins until there is a sale and it'll be too hard to trade for them as they're too expensive to buy just to use as traders!

Yeah, I love several of these pins, esp some of them yet to be released but no way will I pay full price for them. They will either be traded for or bought during a sale. The prices are way too high for what they are. OUCH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back