• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

The PRICE at DisneyStore.com!!! Are you KIDDING ME!!! I just can't afford this hobby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PRICE at DisneyStore.com!!! Are you KIDDING ME!!! I just can't afford this hobby!
Did anyone else notice how inconsistent the prices are for the 110th Legacy Collection? For example:

110th Legacy Collection Miss Bunny and Thumper Bambi Pin 2 1/5'' H x 2 1/2'' W $14.95

110th Legacy Collection Figaro and Cleo Pinocchio Pin 1 2/3'' H x 1 3/4'' W $16.95

110th Legacy Collection Dumbo Pin 1 5/8'' H x 2'' W $19.95

It's obviously not going by size of the pin... And I hope the fact that there is a special backer card isn't what is raising the prices (Thumper shows a regular card, the others have the special Legacy card).

Unless I'm just not catching what is so special about some of these pins to make them so expensive... I'll have to agree with everyone else here. I won't be buying any of these pins until there is a sale and it'll be too hard to trade for them as they're too expensive to buy just to use as traders!

These are three of the ones I want & cant figure out why such different pricing on them, its not like the Dumbo one is a jumbo one, so why $19.99? The Miss Bunny & Thumper one is bigger, yet $5 less? It just doesnt make sense & I will be patiently waiting for them to either go on sale or looking to trade for them as well which is disappointing after no pins for so long & then we finally get some good ones but they are way overpriced.

Did anyone else notice how inconsistent the prices are for the 110th Legacy Collection? For example:

110th Legacy Collection Miss Bunny and Thumper Bambi Pin 2 1/5'' H x 2 1/2'' W $14.95

110th Legacy Collection Figaro and Cleo Pinocchio Pin 1 2/3'' H x 1 3/4'' W $16.95

110th Legacy Collection Dumbo Pin 1 5/8'' H x 2'' W $19.95

It's obviously not going by size of the pin... And I hope the fact that there is a special backer card isn't what is raising the prices (Thumper shows a regular card, the others have the special Legacy card).

Unless I'm just not catching what is so special about some of these pins to make them so expensive... I'll have to agree with everyone else here. I won't be buying any of these pins until there is a sale and it'll be too hard to trade for them as they're too expensive to buy just to use as traders!
If you read the descripton of the pins it says that they are gold-plated, unlike other pins that indicate they are gold-finished. This is the only thing I can see that could make them more valuable. Anyone have any other ideas?

The more expensive ones have a special feature for example the dwarfs spin around Snow White on that pin and Dumbo's ears move up and down. They're very nice pins but the prices are higher than they should be. I also wonder if the ones that don't come on the special blue card thing are even part of the series. Those pins have different information on the back.

Im not bothered about the price if Im being honest as when you look at th costs from parks etc then they are around the same price as normally the pins from DS.com used to $15 minimum so $15-$20 shouldnt be too bad in retrospect ..

And if no one is prepared to buy them at that price...how will people be able to trade for them if no is buying them...and then the ones that do pay the price shows disney someone is buying them so wont drop the price as there are people prepared to buy them.

Me personally if its a pin I really want then I will fork out the $$ for the pin as its something I need as you cant be certain you'll be able to trade for it.

To me, there is a major difference in the pins that I buy on the secondary market versus what they are selling right now. The last 2 pins I bought(other than Alice Unevent pins...don't get me started there...) were Gomes pins and the one before that was another DA pin. If they start selling Gomes again, I'd be happy to pay the price, but what they're putting out is nowhere near that- in size or quality- in my opinion.

Amen to that quality comment. If you just look at the Alice event pins - they were well made, great designs, good quality (couldn't quite say excellent) and reasonably priced. If you at what DS has to offer, the quality is less, the prices higher, shipping is so unreasonable, and the designs look like left overs that they didn't know what to do with. Same thing with the designs at the Florida Project. Cheap and ugly.

That said, someone must have a ton of money, because that pin is sold out on DS. I checked the bay and it is selling for $45. Maybe $20 wasn't so high.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back