• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: The Super Awesome Psychoticalyl Spectacular Gift Auction!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: The Super Awesome Psychoticalyl Spectacular Gift Auction!!!!!!

Psycho Pixie

Vacations are a grand thing
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
gift-smiley-emoticon.gif
8_7_6.gif
gift-smiley-emoticon.gif
kwanzaa.gif
gift-smiley-emoticon.gif
8_7_9.gif
gift-smiley-emoticon.gif

santa-dance.gif
Super Awesome Psychotically Spectacular Gift Auction
santa-dance.gif

D
ecember 2012

All right folks! Here it is! The absolutely super awesome psychotically generous gift auction for the Winter Holiday 2012 is officially started!
I figure if the worlds gonna end on December 21[SUP]st[/SUP], we may as well go out with a
BANG right?

Here is the pin!!!

christmas-tree-gifts.gif
1211_Ariel_Auction_001-L.jpg
christmas-tree-gifts.gif
santa-in-love.gif
Stupendous, incredible, fatabulous, awesome, spectacular, super cool, and most excellent right?
santa-in-love.gif
This picture is of the actual pin, with a quarter placed to show size.
here is the pinpics link.

banana-santa.gif
Pinticulars:
· Part of the December 2010 Gift pin event. How appropriate!
· DLRP
·
LE 400 #103 of 400.
· Trading: 36 Wanting: 213
· It weighs over 7 ounces!
· As you can see from the picture, it is on the original card.

rudolf24f.gif
9774.gif
startwinkle.gif
christmas094.gif
23433-01.gif

How does this insane gift auction work you ask?
smiley-present.gif
Well here are the rules…. READ COMPLETELY BEFORE BIDDING!!!
smiley-present.gif

1. You are not bidding for yourself. You are bidding to send it to SOMEONE ELSE as a gift! You may bid for whomever you want to, except yourself. The preference is for it to be a fellow DPF member.((Please do not try to fiddle your way around it to get it for yourself, that is not in the spirit of the auction.))
2. You may NOT tell anyone who you are bidding for during this auction! It’s a secret! Don’t tell anyone. Not even me! Not even if they torture you for the information. ((well, ok, if they start removing nails or doing water torture I forgive you.))
3. Your bid MUST include pin numbers! I have enough to do without searching for your pin description. Bids with no pin numbers will be disregarded. ((and bids with links to pinpics are greatly appreciated.))
4. A point system has been established. All bids will be given a point value. The point system is in a link below. It is there for folks to follow along or spot check my results if they wish to. Point system is not up for debate as to fairness.
5. PODM bids MUST have a picture of the Frame, frames are given point value based on how sought after they are. A PODM “expert†will be consulted if needed.

6. You do not need to give me your total point value when you bid, I will be adding it all up regardless.
7. If you ADD to your bid, you MUST post all of the previous bid plus the new additions in your reply.
8. If you CHANGE your bid, you MUST put in large letters, bold if possible that it is a brand new unrelated bid, so that I know to erase all previous point values for you.
9. The plan is to put all bids on the Points-board so that everyone knows exactly where they stand. I will update as often as possible.

christmas-tree-2.gif
What happens when a winner is announced?
9733.gif

· The winner of the gift auction will PM me the name and address of the person they wish to send the pin to.(recipient) If you do not have it, PM me what info you have, I might have the address on file, and MODs can help if needed. I will also need the winning bidders address.
· I will send the recipient the pin. The DC for both the recipient and the surprise pin will be PM’d to the winning bidder so that they may track both packages.
· I will send the winning bidder a SURPRISE pin as a reward for their kindness and generosity.
· The winning bidder will send me the pins they bid.
· I will in turn, distribute those bid pins as I see fit to other people as ZAPs or contribute them to RAK Attacks.

smiley-face-with-santa-hat-emoticon.gif
The point system is based on trade and want values and edition sizes, it is incredibly fair.
smiley-face-with-santa-hat-emoticon.gif

With bonus structure for jumbo, and PODM frame values.

Point system link
Important!
1. This link is only for a viewable version.
2. If you wish to utilize the system, once viewing it, you need to Click File, and then download. YES it is a safe download.
3. Do not try to use it in google Docs. It will not work.

xmaspresents.gif
santastuck.gif
71161.gif
Santa021.gif

Auction ends on December 7[SUP]th[/SUP] at 11:59pm PST
((
and 42 seconds of course))
merry_christmas4.gif

Please post any questions on this auction thread with a bold or colored note to catch my attention.

funny-santa-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif
Psychotic small print is actually sort of relevant to this auction: No, you cannot “gift†yourself. Much like wishing for more wishes, it doesn't work.. I know there are too many rules, but I had to be sure it was fair and well thought out. This ain't a psychotically simple auction. lol. Yes I realize I get nothing from this auction. Unselfish giving. I love doing this type of thing and it is great to have a way to do it on such a grand scale for a community I adore! I tried to find some non-Christmas decorations and failed utterly. only a few could be found... sorry!!! However i think I used just about every smiley/emoticon I did see. Now if only I could add music to my threads... Jingle Bell Rock seems appropriate don't you think?

angel-flying.gif
Another huge thank you to Rebecca for helping me get that absolutely stunning pin!!!
angel-flying.gif

I think I understand the point table so I'll throw a bid out there:
Pin 66631: DLR - Disney Dreams Collection - Walt Disney on Television( LE 1000)
Pin 15588: The Search For Imagination Pin Event - Imagine (Figment Spinner) Artist Choice( LE 3500)
Pin 37468: Holiday Pin Collection - Set 2 (Chip & Dale/Thanksgiving)

Ok we'll see how this does.

So, my husband would be better at explaining this. Basically, the exel system uses the edition size as a multipler/devider for the trade/wants ratio. There are bonus points assigned for jumbo, and for the quality of the podm film frame. To give you an idea, the jumbo pin being offered is a 43 point pin.

For open edition (OE) Limited Release (LR) and Hidden Mickeys (HM) use the code given in the edition size box of the multipler system. ((OE is 7501 as example)) PODM frames are ranked minor scene:25, standard scene:50, major scene:75.

points board:
#1mickeyfreak: 10.1
teddy ruxpin: 6.4

Actually I retract my bid x_x I was more playing with the point system then trying to bid lol D,: My family said they'd hurt me if I traded it! Lol. I WILL bid again later though now that i know how it works

Pin 86668: Disney Store Europe - Young Charlotte and Tiana

65 points

Actually I retract my bid x_x I was more playing with the point system then trying to bid lol D,: My family said they'd hurt me if I traded it! Lol. I WILL bid again later though now that i know how it works

No problem. but that pin is an exellent example of a Low LE and a great t/w ratio giving a pin really good points.

A discussion thread has been opened to talk about the point system if needed.

This information has also been posted in the discussion forum as well.

So I am temporarily hijacking my wife's computer for the explanation on the points system for this auction.

The formula is as follows: from pinpics - (#Wanting / # Trading) x Edition size multiplier + bonus points (if applicable) = total points value
Example - the pin being auctioned (pinpics 81719) is a jumbo LE400, 36 trading and 216 wanting: so (216 / 36) x 5.5 + 10 bonus points or 6 x 5.5 = 33 + 10 bonus points for being a jumbo. Total points for this pin is 43.
Pin Points Multiplier Table:
Edition SizeMultiplierEdition SizeMultiplier
Hidden Mickey1.25501 - 7504.5
Open Edition1.5401 - 5005.0
Limited Release1.75301 - 4005.5
Over 30002.0251 - 3006.0
2501 - 30002.5201 - 2506.5
2001 - 25002.75151 - 2007.0
1501 - 20003.0101 - 1507.5
1001 - 15003.551 - 1008.0
751 - 10004.01 - 508.5

Just so that I understand... this pin:

Pin 53479: DLR - Camp Pin-e-ha-ha - Take Time to Enjoy the Little Things - Bambi (Spinner/Dangles)
pin53479

LE 500, 12 trading 41 wanting = (41/12)x5.0 = 17.08 points

will get fewer points than this pin:

Pin 90991: Disney Fairies - Booster Pack - Periwinkle Only
pin90991

Open Edition, 1 trading 20 wanting (20/1)x1.5= 30 points

Am I understanding this correctly? I think this auction idea is ridiculously awesome, but I worry that we may need some shark repellant.

Just so that I understand... this pin:

Pin 53479: DLR - Camp Pin-e-ha-ha - Take Time to Enjoy the Little Things - Bambi (Spinner/Dangles)
pin53479

LE 500, 12 trading 41 wanting = (41/12)x5.0 = 17.08 points

will get fewer points than this pin:

Pin 90991: Disney Fairies - Booster Pack - Periwinkle Only
pin90991

Open Edition, 1 trading 20 wanting (20/1)x1.5= 30 points

Am I understanding this correctly? I think this auction idea is ridiculously awesome, but I worry that we may need some shark repellant.

Yes it will, you are correct. and the reason is due to the fact that only 1 is trading. while the other pin is an le500 which gives it a multiplier, at 12 to 41 the trade ratio is 3.5 to 1, while the other is 20 to 1. The LE you use as a question is fairly easy to obtain with the t/w ratio where it is at. The open edition you use as an example is not typical of most open edition pins either.

The auction won't need shark repellent. The pin being auctioned is being given away to someone else. not the person bidding. And plenty of people will want to bid on this pin as a gift for a dear friend.

I posted this reply on the discussion thread as well.

probably a stupid question: is 'jumbo' or 'super jumbo' based simply on how it's described on Pinpics? (e.g. the pin we're bidding on is 4.75" x 3.75" but called a 'jumbo' ....just how big does a pin have to be before it's considered 'super jumbo'?)

points board:
chipdale:50.8
#1mickeyfreak: 10.1

teddy ruxpin: 6.4

The basis for jumbo Vs super jumbo appears to be height:
Jumbo is 3-5 inches.
Super Jumbo is 5+ inches

I appreciate all the questions! Part of why this is a long run auction is so people start to understand it and feel more comfortable bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back