• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

This pin is fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pin is fake?
Its a card, i dont know if is the original card, and i dont collect cards, i collect pins. I pay for a card?No , i pay for a pin.

vZYm97u.jpg
[/IMG]

In the pic you can see , the pin a receive , and the pin on seller list. And the pin in the seller list , is not artwork, its a pin.

I think they asked if it came on the original card because if it did, you can check the SKU on PinPics to verify if it may actually be authentic; HOWEVER, that doesn't necessarily guarantee its authenticity. It does help to determine the pins origin though.

P.S. Cheshire Cat's tip of his tail is also a different shade of pink.

I think they asked if it came on the original card because if it did, you can check the SKU on PinPics to verify if it may actually be authentic; HOWEVER, that doesn't necessarily guarantee its authenticity. It does help to determine the pins origin though.

P.S. Cheshire Cat's tip of his tail is also a different shade of pink.

I check the Sku number , and the sku number on card is from 2008 , and the pin backstamp , is from 2007.
However he has a lot of differences , whit the seller pic. Look the face , he lost the teeth , and eyes are more small...
At least , the seller could put some advertice , or put the real pic on the he have me.
Because the pin i have its not the same , on the seller list.

Last edited:
Aw that's really messed up. Did you get to return it for your money back?

My quote, "

First thanks everyone for the help! Now an update. So...i have to return the fake pin, and this way he send me the refound. So here is the joke...i pay $12 for the pin and shipping, send the pin to him for return cost me $12 ( with the tracking), he refound me $ 12. So i pay twoice and him got the pin...wth????he denies the pin is fake, i can prove the pin is poo!he not can prove the pin is authentic....
I say to him, i dont want a refound, and i left he a big negative feedback. I lost money, but at least he have a big warning in his feedback.
Now i have my first poo pin, i think i use him in a purse or something. "

Oh...well I wish you the best of luck than. I don't see why your return wouldn't go smoothly. The pin is a scrapper so you should get your money back...no questions asked.

Sorry for missing your quote from earlier...I didn't go through the entire thread again. Keep us posted that you get everything resolved.

Oh...well I wish you the best of luck than. I don't see why your return wouldn't go smoothly. The pin is a scrapper so you should get your money back...no questions asked.

Sorry for missing your quote from earlier...I didn't go through the entire thread again. Keep us posted that you get everything resolved.

Thanks so much! Your are very kind! :)

Can you list the SKU number from the back of the card. I will tell you if its the original card or not.

Can you list the SKU number from the back of the card. I will tell you if its the original card or not.

The sku number is : 400011178116
Its the same number on pinpics : edition 2008.
You know you can take the pin out the card?i have an original card, with a very , very suspicious pin.
Like i say before, i pay for the pin, not for the card.

The sku number is : 400011178116
Its the same number on pinpics : edition 2008.
You know you can take the pin out the card?i have an original card, with a very , very suspicious pin.
Like i say before, i pay for the pin, not for the card.

I think people are asking for the SKU to see if the seller just took any old card and put the fake pin on it. :/

I'm sorry you got a bad pin... some people have no shame... :/

One thing to note, is that the PinPics database is compiled by the users, not Disney. It is 100% unofficial. The pin was originally released in 2005. PinPics does note that there was a different SKU in 2008 but we don't know when the SKU was changed. Also, I can go to the parks right now and buy pins that have last years ODPT stamp on them.

I am not saying that the pin is real or fake, I am just pointing out more things to consider. I do believe that everyone in general is way too quick to jump and say something is fake before taking the time to examine everything completely.

One thing to note, is that the PinPics database is compiled by the users, not Disney. It is 100% unofficial. The pin was originally released in 2005. PinPics does note that there was a different SKU in 2008 but we don't know when the SKU was changed. Also, I can go to the parks right now and buy pins that have last years ODPT stamp on them.

I am not saying that the pin is real or fake, I am just pointing out more things to consider. I do believe that everyone in general is way too quick to jump and say something is fake before taking the time to examine everything completely.

I understend , sorry if i mad with you. I really go crazy about this pin ,i cant look at him anymore.
This is really frustrathing. Like i say , maybe if somebody who has the pin post a pic , its helps to comparing.

I think people are asking for the SKU to see if the seller just took any old card and put the fake pin on it. :/

I'm sorry you got a bad pin... some people have no shame... :/
I know sweety, i think the seller use a original card, and put a fake pin on it. The differences with the pins is very obviuos.
And i saw more like this on ebay for sell....sellers with %100 feedback.

I wanted to let you know that I bought two of these pins at World of Disney in Disneyland last week. Both of my pins look EXACTLY like the one you received. Because these pins have ongoing release I can only assume that the art varies batch by batch. Here is a pic of the two pins I bought.

photo-3.JPG

Hope this helps!

might want to take back that negative feedback :(
I wanted to let you know that I bought two of these pins at World of Disney in Disneyland last week. Both of my pins look EXACTLY like the one you received. Because these pins have ongoing release I can only assume that the art varies batch by batch. Here is a pic of the two pins I bought.

photo-3.JPG

Hope this helps!

photo-3.JPG

Hope this helps!

thanks!!! This help me a lot!!!! I see what i can do with the seller feedback , however he most put the right pic of what he sell its....Thanks so much Bryana.

the seller does need to provide the pin in the picture, whether the pin is real, fake, whatever. The couple times I've gotten fakes, I always check the picture listed first. and instead of saying "this is fake" I go with "this is not the pin pictured." Then see what they decide re: refunding etc. They can't really argue with you about that, like they can that it's a real pin. THEN when all is settled, you can decide what to say in your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back