• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Total of Up pins on E-bay ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total of Up pins on E-bay ??

KT07

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just for fun.. i wonder how many of the 150 sets will b sold. Kind of shows how much ppl care about money and mayb not collecting or sharing disney magic. As of today there is 17 sets for sell on ebay. One is $365 BIN. Im not sure if there is a way to look up all sells of these pins... but it would b neat to see just how many are re-sold on ebay at a rip off price. It would b nice to hear of sum real fans and collectors that got them as a gift for ppl or as a favor for a good friend but with out the cazy mark up.

I'd say a minimum of 25% of the people there were there strictly to buy and sell. Now, if they are selling for profit to buy another pin they really want, I suppose it isn't as bad as the people that have no interest at all in Disney and are only making money. It was apparent one guy had no clue about pins, he was brought by a friend. He was trying to sell his voucher for $200 cash so you got his spot in the 150 and then you had to pay the $50+ for the pins. He was complaining to the people outside the 150, that he had to pay $.50 up front on eBay to list the pins. I told him the $25 final value fee afterward was worse but he was still hung up on the listing fee. Clearly he had never used eBay at all either. Talk about boiling my blood. Idiot didn't know or care at all about the Up pins, Disney pins, trading, or the people that weren't getting them, just in it for the money. By the looks of him the profit would be parlayed into some sort of narcotics afterwards.

I told everyone my hopes were to get the mailbox and wedding pins for myself to keep and try to trade the older couple and "as kids" pins for really nice El Capitan marquee's I'm missing. I didn't get any and don't plan to pay more than $30 for any pins so there ya go. Maybe down the road I'll get a chance at a nice DSF set and I can trade for them later? I think the prices will start to come down on the eBay sets though. There are only so many people willing ot spend $250 for 4 pins. I think they will start to get down in the $160 range after the first wave of buying gets done. $40 per pin is still high though.

Whoever paid $24 for the BIN per pin and the $90 for the set got an awesome deal on eBay! I would say that I don't know how someone could spend $250 on four pins, but I've spent $100 for one pin (a jumbo), but still, I can't be hypocritical. I do agree though that I am sure there are those that are there just to buy and sell the pins. But, as long as there are people willing to pay a lot for pins, there will be people will to sell them for a lot. Capitalism at its finest. :)

the Ebay seller that presold the 2 sets for $90 each and the individual pins for the $24 notified the buyers (at least one of us anyway) that they were unable to get the pins due to the high numbers of people at the event and refunded the money

Unfortunately, my boyfriend and I have to sell one of our sets :(. Originally the plan was for the two of us and my mom to go so that my boyfriend and I each got a set plus we had one to trade, but my mom ended up not being able to come then we had a misfortune that had a pretty pricey bill attached and now we need rent money... :\ So my boyfriend decided to sell his so we can actually pay rent and we will share the one set.

So not everyone started off planning on selling them.

I figured that would happen with those... when I saw those prices, I got really worked up but when I saw that it was a pre-sale it didn't seem as great.

the Ebay seller that presold the 2 sets for $90 each and the individual pins for the $24 notified the buyers (at least one of us anyway) that they were unable to get the pins due to the high numbers of people at the event and refunded the money

As much as people complain about resellers, remember the basic rule of supply and demand. If there were less people selling it, the prices they would get for it would be even higher.

That was the same eBay seller I dealt with and got the refund this past weekend too :( I was so hoping for the pins instead!

i cant help but think sum ppl may refund pre sale...and re-sale at the new and much higher price but i dont know that. Kind of like the fact that sum ppl didnt start out wanting to sell the pins... but in the end they will b sold now.. hard not to make that money.. after all we are in the good old usa.

mayb in a few days we will get a real feel of just how many sets got sold... and i would still like to hear any good storys of gift give aways or helping friends with no shark mark up...

I know that the prices on this set are now ridiculously high and that many of you are upset about resellers. But just remember that those people stood in line, at night, on the street, and in dirty Hollywood for almost 11 hours waiting for those pins. That is a lot of heck to go through and not get paid properly for it. I did not go personally, but the prices are reasonable if you think about everything they went through.

Gorgeous pins but the prices up there are nuts. I'd like to have the set but maybe at half of what some of them are asking. $300? No way. I can do a lot with that kinda money.

I saw 26 completed auctions and 15 active ones for the set. That doesn't include the ones selling each pin singly. So that is what...41 sets at least? Almost a third of the 150....

Okay, I looked again and maybe I miscounted 14 active and maybe 17 sold....

Last edited:
I know that the prices on this set are now ridiculously high and that many of you are upset about resellers. But just remember that those people stood in line, at night, on the street, and in dirty Hollywood for almost 11 hours waiting for those pins. That is a lot of heck to go through and not get paid properly for it. I did not go personally, but the prices are reasonable if you think about everything they went through.

This so hard. I really dislike all the hate for resellers. They stood in line just like everyone else. And remember, it's the buyers that direct the prices.

Wow, so what do you say for all the people that do the samething at events and the 40th WDW anniversary and in turn help others out byselling their RSP's at cost and then when the tides are turned, get screwed? Huh? I'm justsaying everyone here on DPF should be here to help each other out not Shark eachother.... Those people wanted to wait in line to get pins for themselves anyways;it does not hurt to pick up an extra set for a friend. I do it all the time.I'm just saying I thought DPF was supposed to be like a Family, If not... MaybeI’m on the wrong Forum all together. I am Disappointed in many people by thestories i have heard over this set.

I do not mean to directly offend anyone, I am simply expressing my Hurt and Disappointment in a select few... Funny how something like this can reveal a persons True Colors.

That is all I have to say about this.
<3 Laz

....You know what; this whole subject just upsets my stomach.This is not what I wanted pin trading to be about at all. I am a Bright, Cheery, Loving,Helpful human being. This is not my style at all... I am sorry for being adowner for the moment. I have never felt so bad for so many people whom Iconsider family. I know for a fact that some of the people who got screwed DoSOOOO much for this community without ever asking for anything other thankindness and a helping hand to be passed on to another. Please remember when Ifirst started doing all this last June the reason I created this beautiful logo....

I will do my best to be honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do, and to
respect myself and others,
respect authority,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a good friend to every fellow pin trader!

Pin-Scouts-Logo---Green.gif

Last edited:
Wow, so what do you say for all the people that do the samething at events and the 40th WDW anniversary and in turn help others out byselling their RSP's at cost and then when the tides are turned, get screwed? Huh? I'm justsaying everyone here on DPF should be here to help each other out not Shark eachother.... Those people wanted to wait in line to get pins for themselves anyways;it does not hurt to pick up an extra set for a friend. I do it all the time.I'm just saying I thought DPF was supposed to be like a Family, If not... MaybeI’m on the wrong Forum all together. I am Disappointed in many people by thestories i have heard over this set.

I do not mean to directly offend anyone, I am simply expressing my Hurt and Disappointment in a select few... Funny how something like this can reveal a persons True Colors.

That is all I have to say about this.
<3 Laz

Sure, it does not hurt to pick up an extra set for a friend. But when the limit is 1 set per person and waiting 11 hours on a sidewalk, it does hurt. I agree that we all should help each other out as much as we can. But why should someone wait on the street for 11 hours just to give away their 1 set? How is that fair for the person that has to wait all night just to get pins for someone else? If someone actually volunteered to get these pins for me at cost I would not accept the pins from that person. I would be throwing lots of extra money at them for their time and trouble. And at the current prices it seems reasonable to me. But that is just my opinion.

You can't even compare a RSP to this. What kind of work does a person have to do for a RSP? A few clicks of a mouse?

Personally, no one could ever pay me enough to stand on Hollywood Boulevard all night.

Last edited:
Yes but those who where going for themselves for their own set would be willing to stand there but you wouldnt go alone now would you, you would take a friend, family members to keep you company and aswell to get more pins for trading away I think thats what Laz was getting at those who took family memebrs etc and then wouldnt help out someone and sell it to them for cost.

I dont see how they would be giving away there set when they went for themselves and if they brought other people then those sets were not for themselves so could easily afford to sell them at cost to people who wanted them and to help them catch a break.

just my 2p

Sure, it does not hurt to pick up an extra set for a friend. But when the limit is 1 set per person and waiting 11 hours on a sidewalk, it does hurt. I agree that we all should help each other out as much as we can. But why should someone wait on the street for 11 hours just to give away their 1 set? How is that helping out for the person that has to wait all night just to get pins for someone else? If someone actually volunteered to get these pins for me at cost I would not accept the pins from that person. I would be throwing lots of extra money at them for their time and trouble. And at the current prices it seems reasonable to me. But that is just my opinion.

You can't even compare a RSP to this. What kind of work does a person have to do for a RSP? A few clicks of a mouse?

Personally, no one could ever pay me enough to stand on Hollywood Boulevard all night.

I guess you didn't get my memo, but I was referring to all the 40th Anniversary Merchandise from WDW. as I Did stand in Hot Lines with the Sunny Florida Sun Shining Down on us and Walked my happy but from one entrance to another that were a few miles at least away from each other, then stood in Line for 7+ hours. I think if you are Not Planning on getting it for yourself or a friend you shouldn't go at all... and allow the people who are there because they love and want it to get it. That is all.

Last edited:
I guess you didn't get my memo, but I was referring toall the 40th Anniversary Merchandise from WDW. as i Did stand in Hot Lines withthe Sunny Florida Sun Shining Down on us and Walked my happy but from oneentrance to another that were a few miles at least away from each other, thenstood in Line for 7+ hours. I think if you are Not Planning on getting it foryourself or a friend you shouldn't go at all... and allow the people who arethere because they love and want it to get it. That is all.

ooh +1 that

I dont understand why people talk smack about the buyer to sell. 99% of the people who bought to trade will be asking for = if not more in trade value. Same deal IMO. /shrug

I guess you didn't get my memo, but I was referring toall the 40th Anniversary Merchandise from WDW. as i Did stand in Hot Lines withthe Sunny Florida Sun Shining Down on us and Walked my happy but from oneentrance to another that were a few miles at least away from each other, thenstood in Line for 7+ hours. I think if you are Not Planning on getting it foryourself or a friend you shouldn't go at all... and allow the people who arethere because they love and want it to get it. That is all.

Then hopefully at least one of the people you helped out during that event will return the favor. Clearly, it was a full day of waiting in lines for you. And I completely understand your point if you have done favors like this for others on this forum. They should do the same for you. And I am sorry if none of those people have been willing to help you out.

I have done favors for others that have not returned the favor to me. But I try to give without wanting anything in return. It is hard sometimes, but I do my best. This keeps me happy and content.

Read this. http://advancedlifeskills.com/blog/are-you-giving-without-expectation/

"We all realize that giving on any level feels really good, but internally all forms of giving are not equal. When we give with the expectation of receiving something in return, we are not really letting go of what we are giving. If we do not let go completely, then we are still clinging to whatever we gave."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back