• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UK coming soon pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rang the Disney Store customer service about my refunded amount. It is for the Rapunzel pins and I should've got an email, but didn't.

The pins are sold on a first come first served way, so the online allocation were gone by the time I made my order......

Considering they went on sale and I was literally refreshing the site until they went up, it's hard to believe that they all went.

With the free delivery I should've made two transactions and bought one pin on each. At least then I might have got just one for my own collection.

Darn it, I really wanted that to. :(

Unsure if I got either Tangled or Tink . My friend said, the site was down, then up, she bought them and then was told they were sold out , but then she said, they were still available, she tried again and this time didn't get a sold out page . She was right there when the whole thing took place . Since I've been so sick, I haven't been able to touch base with her .

I wish I was able to head to the dublin store on friday to see if they have any in but sadly I dont think I will have time otherwise I would of tried to help people out.

So, I received a text earlier, saying that my pins were going to be delivered between 14.30 and 17.30 today, but I hadn't even had anything from Disney saying they'd been dispatched :S

Also, I got home at 17.30 to find out they hadn't arrived (somebody was in the house, so it wasn't that no one was in).... I was actually tempted to call disney today and ask if the order had even been put through before I'd received that text. It used to be the case with new pin releases, that they'd arrive on the thursday after the release, with standard shipping, and before they started losing my orders :S

I just sent disney a piece of my mind so we shall see if they will listen but judging from past attempts it takes them 2 weeks to reply to me...

well this is the message I just received from my friend . The two I was keeping for myself .

Don't even get me started! The idiots decided that you got free shipping worth £4.95 if you bought a pin for £5. Of course everyone bought the pins for the sake of it, not because they're pin collectors. They couldn't keep up with how many they'd sold so they showed them sold out, then they weren't but you couldn't buy them, then they were again!
wacko.gif
I emailed them and they haven't even bothered to reply. It seems people got more than the limit of 2 too. I'm so mad with them!

Last edited:
I'm so glad that this crap didn't happen with the Gaston or Ratigan releases...although it doesn't really bode well for the Jasmine release.

I got a shipping confirmation about 3 hours ago. It lists both Rapunzel and both Tink pins I ordered. My order time says 7.49 PM German time.

Now the question is do I get the pins I ordered. I remember my Christmas order with horror, 1/3 of the pins they charged me for were missing. Took me ages to get a refund.

I sent a friend to the London store Saturday to check, and according to what she was told there a lot of the stores don't enforce the 2 item limit that is enforced online. I guess that is where the people buying multiples got their pins from. At least when I ordered online the drop down menu there was no option to go higher than two.

Someone should send Disney the link to this forum and ask them to contact each of us, It is going to be exactly the same next week with the new release's, half of us will get the pins and the other half will be left cursing Disney again. Either they have to increase the edition sizes (meaning the pins will not be so trade-able) or they need to allow the serious pin traders first offer on these pins. As I said in an earlier message they must know the people's email address of those of us that have religiously brought every release and have stayed loyal....its about time they did the same!!!

So far I have had 22 trade requests for the tangled pin and 10 for the Tink and if you look on eBay they are going for silly money.

Come on Disney.....The problem is not the demand, release Limited edition pins and they will sell, but don't stop those of us who want them from being able to get them by only selling in a few stores or only sell them online so everyone has the same chance.

Actually, think about what we're saying here. People who wouldn't normally buy pins bought a pin to get free postage. So they get the pin and they think 'hmm this is cute'. I wonder what other pins they do...

Is it me, or is that a pretty good way to get more people into buying pins in this country? Admittedly, you'd need bigger edition sizes I suppose, but that said, it was the Tink that was £5, and that one didn't sell out as quickly as the Tangled pin. So who knows what really happened!

It's just one of those things guys. We WANTED smaller edition sizes. And now that it's made the pins we want harder to get, we want higher edition sizes again? No thank you. Yes it sucks that stuff went wrong, but I still think that we're heading in the right direction. Tanya is right about new people ordering just because the P&P was free. In fact, I tried to order myself because of the free P&P, even though I knew I'd be going to my local store the next day.

Disney has listened to us, and although things still aren't perfect, I do believe that we're getting there.

Exactly Lindsay - this is what I don't understand. Everyone was saying we wanted smaller edition sizes (and has been saying that for so long) as it makes for ebtter traders. Now we've got what we wanted and everyone's moaning!

I personally still see these changes as fairly positive. I understand the frustration of not having a store near you that will get the pins, but if they stick with free postage online I can't see the problem. I know I'm lucky as I have access to 3 stores that will continue with pins if I'm desperate (2 of them are a bit of a way to go, but I often pop in to Manchester to meet up with people anyway, so not the end of the world).

But this announcement could've been so much worse. We're still going to get pins released, they're going to be more desirable and better traders. As somone who has most of the pins released here since 2008, I'm obviously worried about missing out on pins (espeically online only editions), but we can't have it both ways.

And if free postage means that people who wouldn't normally know anything about pins starting buying/collecting them, then that can only be a good thing and will surely only lead to more pins being released.

I agree wth lindsay in that lower editions sizes are a good think as now with so many people wanting pins since they sold out we can say at the very least we can start to trade well for pins we want given the fact that all stays as it is.

Plus in the announcement didnt it say that for july, august september the pins would be LE350 which is smaller again...so if people are complaining about a LE500 pin selling out then I wonder what they will be like if they dont get one of those pins.

everyone does have a fair chance of getting the pins in my opinion, since how the pins were sold goes by the time you ordered and not like how DS.com used to do was let everyone order then they send out the dreaded emails randomly. Least this way there is some method to who gets the pins.

The one area I will say needs improvement though, is the website. There are many companies smaller than Disney who are able to run a website with a working real time stock system. I do feel that has let them down. If they sort that out, then great. I've still not had any e-mail to let me know about the status of my order from Friday. They've taken the money though (albeit, twice!)

At the moment, it doesnt feel like I have a "fair chance of getting the pins". Many of the stores local to me were closed down two years go, and now that pins will be sold in selected stores only, they are too far away for me to travel to.

On Friday I spent 2.5 hours refreshing the site, the moment the pins appeared I put them in my basket and tried to pay. But the site would not allow me to pay, so I rang and was on hold for over fifteen minutes, by which time the pins sold out and I didnt even get to speak to anyone.

I spoke to a Disney representative yesterday, who felt that perhaps the pins should be sold in all stores as was previously the case. However, today a another Disney representative rang me and he felt that the new system was fine, it was just that the website had let them down on Friday. I was also told that the reason I did not get to speak to someone over the phone to make an order was because I was stuck in a loop between their open and closed recorded messages!

I suggested that perhaps the pins should go on the site earlier, so buyers have the chance to ring Disney during open hours to make an order, if the site fails.

At the moment, it doesnt feel like I have a "fair chance of getting the pins". Many of the stores local to me were closed down two years go, and now that pins will be sold in selected stores only, they are too far away for me to travel to.

On Friday I spent 2.5 hours refreshing the site, the moment the pins appeared I put them in my basket and tried to pay. But the site would not allow me to pay, so I rang and was on hold for over fifteen minutes, by which time the pins sold out and I didnt even get to speak to anyone.

I spoke to a Disney representative yesterday, who felt that perhaps the pins should be sold in all stores as was previously the case. However, today a another Disney representative rang me and he felt that the new system was fine, it was just that the website had let them down on Friday. I was also told that the reason I did not get to speak to someone over the phone to make an order was because I was stuck in a loop between their open and closed recorded messages!

I suggested that perhaps the pins should go on the site earlier, so buyers have the chance to ring Disney during open hours to make an order, if the site fails.

I could not agree more with the 12 stores getting perhaps 5-10 pins each it will only leave around 200 pins which will be gone in seconds and if those are brought by people who then can get more by going to stores near them the next day it will leave many traders with none.....hardly fair

I can understand why people are annoyed with Disney but this would of happened even without the announcement as I think everyone knew the Tangled pin was going to fly off the site and from stores since everyone knows it would be a good trader BUT the kicker is that everyone bought 1 or more to trade and for me personally the wants vs trades for the Rapunzel is still close enough to not make it sort after.

30 trading to 75 Wanting.. its one the worst wants vs trades for any of the Tangled pins as we all ruin it ourselves as everyone buys 1 for trading which lowers the chances of getting anything worth while. As when you look at the other Tangled pins that have been released so far all those are very low trades compare to our pin so we as the UK traders ruin our own chances of making our pins sort after.

In my opinion we should at least try to not be as easy going on picking pins up for friends etc when we are finally getting low LE's when we kind of need to set ourselves up with actual decent traders for a change and not let them be sort after every now and then otherwise we will be in the same position as before moaning that our pins are not good traders. And thats all down to ourselves over buying the pins to help other people. Im all for helping one or two people out but when that mounts up to everyone looking for help and using our pins as traders in the US lowers our chances of trading for something decent.

I guess Im the only one to think like this but its true that we ouselves ruin how popular our pins COULD be.

Last edited:
i agree with all the above comments.
i was just wonderin if anyone who managed to buy the tangled pin online has actually recieved it yet,im still waitin and have heard nothin from disney apart from the order/payment conformation

There are some good points that you have all made. I am now in the same boat as Southampton, Reading and Swindon will now not stock pins :down: and I am not willing to pay £4.95 postage for 2 pins on line ( I also have had problems in the past with the website), of course I could always have a day out in London, but it would still be a very expensive pin. :rolleyes:

i agree with all the above comments.
i was just wonderin if anyone who managed to buy the tangled pin online has actually recieved it yet,im still waitin and have heard nothin from disney apart from the order/payment conformation

I got a shipping confirmation 6 PM yesterday. The package has departed the local sorting facility on European mainland 2 hours ago, so with any luck it will be here tomorrow.

I just got confirmation my pins are on their way!!!! Hope order is correct!
I have been waiting with baited breath and expecting the worst as my last order for the Dalmatian pin was cancelled a few days after ordering and payment:cry:

Last edited:
I agree with all of these posts above. I think it's awesome that we still get pins, but I just don't think Disney is handling it well, I guess they just need to re figure out how to handle pins. I think the fact that the Disney Store as a whole has a set postage (which I realise makes things easier for them, since they do larger orders and items) may now come to shoot them in the foot, as charging us £5 for a single pin is a bit steep, but then giving us postage free means, that people may have used it as an opportunity to make multiple orders, without that added expense of paying multiple postage costs, and thus, more pins sold faster. I think Disney just needs to find a balance on a price for those only buying pins.

In terms of the low edition sizes, it's kind of unavoidable that there will only be a couple in each store, even with a limited number of stores, but I think it would definately help bringing back core pins. As Fi mentioned previously, whilst we searched through that box of traders, we had people asking about pins, just because they'd seen the pins, imagine what properly advertising pins and having a consistant stock could do!

And finally, the stores. I kind of understand limiting the stores, but I don't think they've disributed the stores well. There is no where listed south of London, that's quite a large section of the country that won't be able to trade or buy pins in store. I would happily travel to Southampton to get pins, although the price I'd pay for postage is about the same as a return train ticket for me, but it was nice that I could go there, and speak to people about pins, and trade with them, rather than clicking buy.

I felt, at least, Southampton was a good hub for Pin Trading, especially with the meets which happened fairly regularly and would have a good turn out, with great organisation by David and the store. I think if we can get meets going there again, we can show Disney that it might be a good idea to put Southampton back on the Pin Trading Map!

But then again, this is all just my opinion. Sorry if I rambled about the annoyance of my local store apparently not doing pins anymore too much...

PS (Rang DS as was getting very confused by communication and no communication from them at the same time, to be told they'd arrive about Monday, and then got the email saying they'd be dispatched not long after :))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back