• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

UK people, I need your help! Looking for Olympic 50p coins

Status
Not open for further replies.
UK people, I need your help! Looking for Olympic 50p coins

MadWild

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have been collecting the Olympic 50p coins since they first came out back in 2011. I didn't want to pay the £3+ per coin that Royal Mint were charging for them in mint condition and in packaging, so I have been collecting them from my change. Unfortunately, I have reached that annoying point where I have more than half, so every one I come across now seems to be a double of one I already have!

Out of the 29 that were released, I only have 6 now left to find, so I am really close to having a complete collection! The problem is that it is getting harder to find them now that they've been out for nearly three years.

So, I thought I would do as I have done before and turn to DPF for help! If you find any of the coins I am looking for in your change, please do let me know. I have a couple of duplicate ones I can trade if you are also a collector, or I can simply paypal you the 50p plus postage costs so you can send it to me. I know it may sound a bit of a mad thing to ask for, and a rather convoluted way of getting some 50p coins, but I would really like to finish this collection and I just thought it was worth trying another avenue to see if I could find some more.

Here are the ones I am looking for:
Boccia
Football
Judo
Shooting
Tennis
Triathlon

I would ideally be looking for coins that are in good condition - normal wear and tear of being circulation is fine but not scratches or gouges on the front of the coin. I don't expect them to be perfect, they've been in people's change after all!

If you are looking to trade, I have spares of:
Cycling
Goalball
Both are in relatively good condition, no big/obvious scratches or gouges, just the normal patina of a coin that has been in circulation.

If you think you may be able to help, please do let me know. I really appreciate it! It would also be great to hear if anyone else is/has collected them :)

Thanks!
M x

Last edited:
Hi, I also started collecting the coins and now have 9 left but different to yours.

I need Basketball
Boccia
Equestrian
Handball
Hockey
Judo
Modern Pentathlon
Sailing
Weightlifting

Good news I do have a spare wheelchair rugby and badminton. If interested please pm me.

Bump! :)

I now have Wheelchair Rugby and Badminton on the way thanks to Megfan, but am still looking for the other seven. Really appreciate all the responses so far!

My bosses husband collected them and now has something like 4 complete sets!! We are used to keeping an eye of him, so will definitely keep an eye out to see if any come through our till. Good luck in finishing the set!

I work in a shop so pm me your address and I will let you know if any come up :)

Thank you, I will do! I work in a shop too and once saw one I needed in the till but I asked both my boss and the Loss Prevention team and they said, flat-out, no, I can't swap a normal 50p for one, they won't swap change out of the till. It was really frustrating, so it's nice to know there are other shops that are nicer about it! :D

My bosses husband collected them and now has something like 4 complete sets!! We are used to keeping an eye of him, so will definitely keep an eye out to see if any come through our till. Good luck in finishing the set!

Thank you! The more eyes that are looking, the better. I don't know if you saw Megfan's post but they are looking for some too so please do keep an eye out for those as well :). Hopefully we'll both have complete collections before we know it!

Any news from anyone? The thread has stalled a little... Still looking for seven, any help in looking out for them is really appreciated! :).

Ooh, hasn't it gone quiet around here? Bumping up again, just in case anyone who might be able to help hasn't seen the thread yet. I'd really love to get these last seven. Done a brilliant trade with Megfan, and it would be fantastic to find other people who would like to trade! Please get in touch if you have any of the ones I'm looking for. Thank you! :)

My mum found the aquatics one in her change yesterday, so now I only have 6 left to find! I am so close to finishing this set :). Please, if anyone has any of the six I am looking for (I've updated the list in the OP) then get in touch. I'd really appreciate the help. All those of you that said you'd have a look for me, did you have any luck? :)

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back