• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Unicorno, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unicorno, anyone?

Abyssinian28

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Hi!

I'm looking for the Tokidoki Unicorno figures...I think I saw that someone on here was selling/trading them. I stumbled across them by chance in a small store on the back roads of Texas, and I'm having a hard time finding a retailer here in Orlando.

I'm actually thinking about buying a sealed case online- would there be interest in buying or trading them if I ended up with that many extras?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! Oi... Unicornos are great to collect until you have to find the 2 most rare - Fumo and Prima Donna.

I have probably doubles of all of the others and have even been in the stores feeling the bags to see if I can find the last two. (I know I have no shame sometimes). There have been store employees that have bought cases and of 6 cases - they have yet to find a Prima Donna.

The resale value of the unicornos are not great - the common ones are selling on ebay for CLOSE to retail, but most of the time under. If you want to have the experience of blind boxing it- it's fun and getting doubles is always great with these, but you'll get stuck with many common ones.

If you like - i can gather the extras I have and get you started that way. :D
By the way- they are so cute. They got me hooked on TokiDoki. :T

Hi!

Well, I just googled the stores that carry to them, and to my shock, B&N carries them! Employee discount GO! So I'm going to buy probably 10 or so blind boxes (just for the fun of opening them). After that, I'll probably hit you up for the ones I want and didn't get!

I only bought...I think it was 3 or 4 boxes, but that's mostly because he didn't have that many left in the store. It's a funny story- we were in Houston, and we were taking a back road to our hotel from the outlet mall. As we were going, we see this sign that says "Vinyl figures", so we braked hard and pulled in. My husband collects anime figures, so we were hoping for those. Sadly, they didn't have imported figures, but I found the little Unicornos (which appeal to me greatly, because I grew up on Unico).

I just saw one of the chasers go for $52 on eBay- yikes! I don't know if I'd want any of them for that much...

I have several co-workers that collect them, and they are all lined up on their desks... I took a look at the box, and said I wanted the Prima Donna one, only to find out it was ridiculously rare. :( But I'm not gunna start opening blind boxes for for the possibility of find that one.

Good luck though!

I love Unicornos! I think I might have been the one who you saw selling them before :) I don't have any extras currently myself, but I buy them frequently even though I have the whole series almost already - they are seriously addicting :lol:

If you are looking for another place to buy blind boxes (tho employee discount sounds like you've got it covered :D), I've found getting them straight from their site is really awesome (and only $5 shipping no matter how many! Not great deal for just one, but awesome deal for, um, multiples...) Here's the direct link: http://www.tokidoki.it/shop/unicorno-mini-series.html I'm partial to blind boxing straight from their site since I blind boxed Prima Donna that way ^_^

Sorry for the rambling but hope some of the info helps! :) It might have come off in my post, but I'm totally addicting to these things. They are so flippin adorable :rofl:

All the best in you guys finding the ones you want!

I'm partial to blind boxing straight from their site since I blind boxed Prima Donna that way ^_^

All the best in you guys finding the ones you want!

Wow, you blind boxed one of the chasers? Awesome!

Whether or not I buy more will totally depend on what I end up with, but I get so easily addicted to things. :) It was a pretty sweet deal, though- around $4.50 a box, and free shipping...

Wow, you blind boxed one of the chasers? Awesome!

Whether or not I buy more will totally depend on what I end up with, but I get so easily addicted to things. :) It was a pretty sweet deal, though- around $4.50 a box, and free shipping...

Oh I know what you mean- too easy to keep rationalizing "just one more" when it comes to blind boxes :lol: Wow that is an amazing deal! :cool: I would probably have very little self control at buying these for that kind of deal :lol: Hope you get ones you are wanting! :D

I really want Dulce again :) I HAD to have her and bought a blind box and was able to trade her, took her to work, and someone stole her...Should I be ashamed that I cried...I was so mad! Anyway I have an extra one can't remember the name, red one with horns if anyone needs it.

There are several others I would love to have too though! They are so stinking cute, they brought back the little girl in me that still has over 100 My Little Ponies and who's entire room was horses and ponies with the stray donkey or 13 hehe....

Someone stole her:( awww thats soo sad:( I had my little ponies too i still have about 20 of mine:D i have the whole set of the smaller ones you could get with the lollies in the dolly mix bag OMG soo cute:D

Okay, share my pain-

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Bn.com, including the Unicorno figures. For some reason, my order got split in half and shipped out on the same day.

Box with books? Came today. Box with figures? Comes on...Monday.

-_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back