• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

We need someone to run another white elephant

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need someone to run another white elephant

Mad hatter

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Ok I know all of you enjoy the white elephant games as much as I do but I am not tech savvy enuff to run one. Any ideas on how we can get one going?

I like the idea of a theme but we don't want the theme to be too specific - if it's too narrow there won't be enough people with an appropriate pin. ...maybe a character or attraction?

We also need a required pin value.

Last edited:
I considered running another one 1st week of April. If I do it only the Five-Fecta pins will be accepted in this White Elephant. The mimimum for entry is a $50 pin. Of course there would be different $$$ categories.

The Five pin types that are only accepted are:

Tangled
Beloved Tales
PODM
UP
Stitch

Let me know your thoughts. We would need at least three game moderators and of course our Kupo.

Last edited:
It was just an idea. We could also use Angel's idea, though I think that also limits people. Maybe the top few princesses or something, or add a few other really popular themes?

I LOVE any of the ideas as long as we get one going. ANGEL and ECHO do a fantastic job and Pargani are u overseas? If so will the time difference be a problem? Sometimes this game goes way I to the night

I have always loved Angel's idea of 5-Fecta when he brought it up awhile back, but might I add Jessica to that list making it a 6-Fecta? It seems that in our past games, there is always a Jessica pin that goes quite fast (the PTN comes to mind) and trust me, Jessica has NO shortage of pins that go above and beyond $50 O_O Any of her popular ones are around $60 at best sadly haha xD I'd love to help organize it along with pargani who is doing such a fantastic job with the fundraiser game at the moment ^_^

I LOVE any of the ideas as long as we get one going. ANGEL and ECHO do a fantastic job and Pargani are u overseas? If so will the time difference be a problem? Sometimes this game goes way I to the night

I'm in Canada, in the same time zone as the east coasters.

I like the idea of the six fecta. I really don't like when we have different levels I think it should be 75.00 the whole combination of pins was not my personal favorite as some received a great pin and then some received two or three okay pins but that just my .02 since I'm not running it its not up to me lol I just wanted to get one going again since they are ALOT of fun

:wiggle:Ok so I think angel has all the graphic ie rules and stuff already if we can get angel to start a new thread for the new game with rules theme date etc we will be on our way

I would love to be in another white elephant game! Is the forum "fixed" yet? We had big issues with the server on these!

The fundraiser was to help with that and I believe it is still in progress but I don't know how much the amount we raised helped just yet ;)

Also, I texted Angel last night and he said the limit for the pins in this game will be $50 as to not exclude many pins which are highly sought after and sell just below $75 (just as an example, the Stitch Guest Star Ariel pin sold for $62 and $73 but I see that pin on so many grail signatures, including my own, I don't see how that pin wouldn't be allowed to be entered).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back