• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Weird Links appearing at random

Weird Links appearing at random

broncobilly83

Scrooge McDuck's #1 Nickel
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Has anyone else noticed some unusual links appearing at random since the update? I had someone mention Pirates of the Caribbean and EBay in a PM this evening and both of those had links pointing to EBay, even though there was no link code in the PM. When I scroll over the links, it says "Link added by VigLink".

Edit: They are in my post now?!?

*DUM DUM DUM*

ebay

walmart

target

the haunted mansion

pirates of the caribbean

hotels

Yep, I will say it's kind of annoying. Any way of getting rid of this?

Last edited:
This was something that happened with the new forum upgrade; it was a monetization plugin we added, and unfortunately, it came with contextual links "on" by default -- meaning whenever a related term/keyword was used in a post, it would automatically link to that site.

Personally, I'm not a fan of it either, and generally dislike when forums/other sites have used it because it makes posts awkward to read with so much linking going on, so i've disabled it.

thanks!

Back