• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it?

swim2sea

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
OK, I think I definitely need some help. Am I just the unluckiest pin trader in the World or what? I posted some rack pins to try and make some trades and guess what - not one single response. Am I just asking for too much or did I do something wrong to offend everyone here? All I want to do is trade some pins. Someone, please talk to me.

I think you are just getting very "mature" (can't think of a better word for it) in your collecting. Your wants list is very limited and full of very difficult pins. Plus, a good portion of people on here are newer and since your wants are older, they aren't going to have them, even if they are rack pins. Also, even some of the rack pins are difficult. Take this one for example:

I've seen it go for over $30 on ebay for years now. I don't think that people don't want to trade with you, they just can't. And finding your wants....that is going to be a task with a lot of legwork. I mean...I've been collecting for years now and I don't have a single pin on your wants list for trade...

Last edited:
OK with a collection like yours, I would hardly say that you're the unluckiest pin trader in the world :)

I did see your rack wants, and most of the ones you listed aren't exactly the easiest rack pins to get, compared to older previously-released rack pins (especially when working with the ratios on some of them).

You'll find them eventually, I'm sure. You've been in the game longer than many of us, so you'll be fine. Happy Monday btw!

I know how it feels when after years and years of trading it has come to a halt. I have not been able to trade for MANY of my wants for many years in a row. If I add anything new then I can make a trade or two, but those older pins are still sitting there.

I have to agree with what everyone has said. I personally would love to trade with you but I do not have a single pin that you are looking for. I hope you can find someone that has what you are looking for, IO certainly know how frustrating that can be. Good luck in your search, fingers crossed for ya!

I actually own 8 of the "rack" pins you added, but they are so far entrenched in my collection they aren't moving. After 9 years, I finally finished the Disneyland sign series, but I had to buy the last pin I was missing because so few people were trading. But I agree with the responses of having a mature collection. My want list is over 350 pins, and I've received very few responses offering pins available in the pre-50th celebration area. I think most traders are newer and don't have a lot of the older pins to trade. If you are wanting trades, I would try concentrating on adding more recent pins, and check to make sure the number of people trading on Pinpics is in the 20+ range. If you look at what you've added, it's still in the 10 or less range, with some only being 1 or 2 people having it for trade.

I sent out countless trade requests off Pinpics to trade for some of those rack pins and I have not gotten ONE response back. It is getting ridiculous in the fact that people can't even be bothered to acknowledge the request! Makes me so mad! What happened to common courtesy????

I usually once a week send out about 100 pinpics request to trade normally I only make about 10 trades out of those but I am happy with that ratio. I hate seeing my mailbox empty :)

I sent out countless trade requests off Pinpics to trade for some of those rack pins and I have not gotten ONE response back. It is getting ridiculous in the fact that people can't even be bothered to acknowledge the request! Makes me so mad! What happened to common courtesy????

I don't think it is fair to say that people who don't tell you "no" aren't courteous. This topic has been hashed over many many times so I don't really want to start it again, but you just have to understand that people use the TA differently and not everyone is going to conform to your standard of courtesy. I for one hate seeing an email in my inbox only to open it and see "no thanks". I also hate it when I say "no thanks" but the person tries to convince me otherwise. So, I don't really like receiving the "no thanks" emails and therefore follow the golden rule and don't gennerally send them out either.

Just my two cents...

Margaret, I know how it feels as at the moment Ive come to a halt with the pins I am looking for. I have pins other people want just they dont have anything I want as Im trying to focus on my wants rather than trading for sake of trading.

The pins will come to you eventually, as I know your wants list isnt that long and I always look to see if I can help but sadly I never can, I can only ever help people when I see certain pins on ebay and let the person know that way lol

I don't have any of your wants either. Not even in my collection. Those are hard to get pins...

Thanks guys for all the pep talks. I'm trying to be patient, but I really need to move some pins. Maybe at the Florida Project I'll get to make some trades. Wow, that's a long time away :(

I just looked at a post in the trade forum where the guy is looking for Cinderella's castle and you say you'll trade it for something of "equal value" off your wants list. I look at your wants and everything is either LE 100 or lower OR nobody has it to trade lol

There's your problem! Like everyone's saying, your wants list is way too specific! Have you seen every pin? Add more to the list, the more you will trade. I mean, once you complete the list- then what? Just stop? No fun! :D

Hang in there Margaret. One of these days us Newer Traders will be veterans with "Mature" traders that Everyone Else WANTS. :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the pep talks. I'm trying to be patient, but I really need to move some pins. Maybe at the Florida Project I'll get to make some trades. Wow, that's a long time away :(

Honestly, if you feel like you need to move traders then I'd consider starting to sell some of them off. At least if you did that you could start a little fund to pay for any of your wants should the pop up. The more you get down to the nitty-gritty the more you might have to buy instead of trade.

I think your traders and wants need to be more balanced.

If you're looking for a few things like frame sets and extremely HTF pins, you need to have frame sets and extremely HTF pins on your trades list.

I also see we're both looking for some of the same Figments. That Le25 set goes for $1000+ and I have very little hope of ever finding it. Until I acquire something of similar value, I'm not even thinking about trying to trade for it.

I just looked at a post in the trade forum where the guy is looking for Cinderella's castle and you say you'll trade it for something of "equal value" off your wants list. I look at your wants and everything is either LE 100 or lower OR nobody has it to trade lol

There's your problem! Like everyone's saying, your wants list is way too specific! Have you seen every pin? Add more to the list, the more you will trade. I mean, once you complete the list- then what? Just stop? No fun! :D

I do keep adding to the list. I just added about 10 pins. All the "newer" stuff that I add gets traded immediately. It's the older stuff I need. And my wants are NOT all LE 100 or lower. Many of them are rack pins. Hard to find, but rack pins nontheless. And yes, I have seen each and every pin on my wants list. That's why I want them:) Would you buy a car based on just a photo - me neither. And the list will never be completed as long as I am able to go to WDW and trade. I love it. And Alice in Wonderland will NEVER fade away so I'll just keep collecting.

I think your traders and wants need to be more balanced.

If you're looking for a few things like frame sets and extremely HTF pins, you need to have frame sets and extremely HTF pins on your trades list.

I also see we're both looking for some of the same Figments. That Le25 set goes for $1000+ and I have very little hope of ever finding it. Until I acquire something of similar value, I'm not even thinking about trying to trade for it.

I'll be adding about 15 framed sets to my traders in a month or so. I have way too many frames and not near enough walls. I also do a lot of my own framing so I have even more. I also have a lot of low LE pins on my trade list and I'm always willing to trade multiple pins. I've traded two or three LE100's for just one LE100 that I really wanted. So I'm a pretty easy trader. And value to everyone is slightly different. I have some LE25's that I do not consider valuable and some rack pins I would never trade away. So which is more valuable. To me - the rack pin - to someone else??????

You can't trade 5 pins for 1 pin if nobody has that 1 pin ;p

And no I don't mean if you've seen every pin on your wants list, obviously you have lol

I mean, have you seen all- what?- 50,000 + pins out there? Like I asked before, what will happen if you complete the list? Are you done? There's gotta be some more pins out there you want. And even if there isn't, you need to look for some pins everyone wants like old HM pins, Stitch pins, etc so you'll have better trade ammo and to shuffle out old pins. It will likely increase your chance of attracting new traders with pins from your wants. Just sayin':)

Well, I have seen a LOT of pins, maybe not every pin ever made, but a lot of them. I have nearly 3,700 pins and they are lots of different things. But, you have to draw a line at some point or your pins will overwhelm you. I know, that happened to me. I have a ton of pins and what do you do with them? I frame them, hang them, trade them, give them away, and enjoy them. I try to have a wide assortment for trade and I think I do. There are some pins I have just because I like them and some I have just because...well, I just have them:) I just need to decide what I really WANT to keep and what I just ...have. That's my dilemma. Want to come to my house and help me decide? I have an entire room full of frames, behind the bed, along the baseboard, leaning on each other, hanging on the wall, laying on the bed, etc. How many frames can one person need? Yes, I'm a true Alice in Wonderland collector, but I also love Cinderella, Snow White, Fantasia, Bambi, and most of the old Disney stories. Not so much on the new stuff. I have some so I can trade, but most youngsters want the new movies, Beauty and the Beast, Princess and the Frog, Monsters Inc., etc. and I just didn't collect that. So, here I am - stuck. I know I have to do something and if anyone wants to come help me, come on down. You may be overwhelmed because I know I am. It's a huge job and I'm not sure I'm up to the task.

You asked "You can't trade 5 pins for 1 pin if nobody has that 1 pin ;p". Well, someone has that pin because Disney didn't sell just 1 pin. I just have to find them. There are people trading nearly all of my wants, they just don't reply to me.

You also asked "Like I asked before, what will happen if you complete the list? Are you done?". No, I'll never be done. Alice in Wonderland is timeless and will never completely go away. Neither will Cinderella, Snow White, etc. So yes, I keep collecting. Just look at my collection. Lots of new and lots of old and plenty of in-between. No one who collects pins is ever done. But I do keep adding to my wants, just the newer stuff gets "acquired" right away and the old stuff just sits there. So the list is never complete - just evolving.

Last edited:
Margaret - daaaaaling - sometimes our HG pins are like a good man - Hard to find - but - well worth waiting for. If its really what you want? Never. Settle. :wiggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back