• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Is The Longest A Pin Has Eluded You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Is The Longest A Pin Has Eluded You?

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I thought it would be interesting to see how long some people have been seeking the pins they want; I am sure some have been waiting quite a long time with the rarity of some of the pins. What pin has escaped your collection the longest? The one I have been after for the longest is Jessica in Brazil. I have been after her since I started collecting; I have been trying to obtain her for approximately two years. :)

The longest for me was about 4 1/2 years. I collected the entire Disney Auctions "Dressing Room Doors" series which took that long to complete. The final two were Belle, which took about 3 years, and Scrooge McDuck, which took 4 1/2 years. That guy was difficult to find (at a reasonable price). Thanks to a dear friend who helped me *finally* get him.

I just got Flo's V8 Diner WDI pin from the 2011 D23 event. I started Cars Land pins the day it opened on June 15th, 2012 so it took me just over a year. I've only been collecting for just shy of 3 years but that was a most wanted for a long time. The marquees in my signature will probably always elude me. I don't think I'll ever own the hardest 5; Up, Tangled, Enchanted, Wall-E, or Cars 1.

Pin 36524: Disney Auctions - Tinker Bell Spring (Jumbo)
pin36524

been on my wants list since the first day I opened a pinpics account 4 years ago.

This seems to be the only pin that eludes me. I've wanted it for 10 years but have never seen it.

pin13411

Pin 13411: Walt Disney Television Animation Australia - Darkwing Duck (1990)

This pin: Pin 726: Disneyland Pin Trading Press Pin ......it has eluded me FOREVER!!!

This one eluded me for about 3.5 years before I finally got it.
pin56635
Pin 56635: Japan Disney Mall - Pocahontas & Stitch

Currently, this one has been on my wants list for about 2-3 years. It's only LE1000, but it's Japan...
pin64018
Pin64018: JDS - STITCH'S Ohana Village (Stitch and Pleakley)

This one for me.... 13 years!!

Pin 2989: WDW - Mickey for President

Last edited:
There are many, many, many pins that came out when Pin Trading first started that I still want to acquire. Wet Paint, Mickey for President, WDAC HM Dangle...I could go on and on. But I haven't actively been trying to find them.

I've spent most of the last 3 years finishing up sets that I started back in the 2000-2002 periods. I still have several more sets where I only need 1 or 2 pins to finish them. Some of those are the pins in my signature.

since it came out on disney Auctions in 2008 Pin 48745: Disney Auctions - Jessica Rabbit Movie Star (Jumbo) July 2008 5 years

How many 'Utah' pins are there?

It took me about a year to get my very most wanted - the DSF Russell & Dug pin (I've only been collecting for a few years now.)

One pin I've wanted for over 8 years...Pin 32744: Disney Auctions - Stitch Summer Sand Castle...I even took it off of my 'wants' for a while because I rarely see it. The other pin...Pin 48011: Disney Auctions - Stitch Pirates of the Caribbean (Jumbo)...for 6 years. But it should be on its way to me soon :hsd::hsd::hsd:

pin36939th200

It has eluded me all 19 years of existence!!!! :lol: jk but it has eluded me ever since I first started pin trading (since that is when I first put my eyes on it but said "too impossible" given it's T/W ratio).

<-Prev Next->

Pin 48440: TDR - Tower of Terror Pin Rally Collection - Shiriki Utundu (Gift Pin)

this has been the highest want on my list since it came out, in 2006. Have need been able to get my hands on it. Can't find it for sale. No bites on trade offers. A true grail.

The Super Jumbo Scoop has been on my wants since I was opened an account on Dizpins. Most sell for over twice what it originally sold for they usually go fast on ebay...

<-Prev Next->

Pin 48440: TDR - Tower of Terror Pin Rally Collection - Shiriki Utundu (Gift Pin)

this has been the highest want on my list since it came out, in 2006. Have need been able to get my hands on it. Can't find it for sale. No bites on trade offers. A true grail.

That's a very cool pin. Japan pins are among the hardest to find have you tried looking at yahoo Japan auctions I have had good luck there acquiring JDS and TDR pins.

You're right though. I have the most trouble chasing down Japan pins but when I finally find someone to trade with they always want some cool but random Chip and Dale or something that I never thought to offer. I love how in different areas of the world pin tastes vary so differently.

The longest it took me to track down one of my grails was about 9 months. The pin was Pin 63998 DisneyShopping.com - Snow White Pin (Jumbo). I bid in multiple auctions and lost by pennies. I tried OBO and lost because people wanted ridiculous prices for it. I -finally- won an auction a couple weeks ago and she is currently on my pin board. She is by far my favorite pin I own!

Granted, I've only been collecting for a little over a year so many of my grails I have yet to get. Many of them I simply wont get for a long time because they aren't being sold for reasonable prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back