• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Is Your Limit?

What is your max?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Is Your Limit?

nsingleton

Jessica Rabbit Addict
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What is your maximum amount that you would spend on a single pin?
If a certain pin came up for sale, would you break this limit?
If yes, what pin could make you go above?

At this point in time, my limit is $0 :lol:, but only because I am currently unemployed...under normal circumstances, I would set my limit at about $100 if I had my bills paid and had the extra money to spend at the time. Not sure if I would ever go too much higher... :)

Last edited:
Hahaha sadly I am the same. Myself normally it would be between 75 and 100, but I am unemployed and I just moved out of home, so 75 is way too much haha :)

Ever since I decided to collect small Lion King objects, which are pins lol, I try not to go over 15 € including shipping. So I checked 25 $ because the 10 $ option didn't cover the 15 €, haha. I've done pretty well so far, I do think my max for a pin was about 27 $ including shipping, but that happened only once so far, so *yay*. I did buy the Lion King marquee for a much higher price, obviously, but I don't really have traders, and if I did, I probably would have lost the same amount then what I payed for it. My trick is to buy from the bay from sellers who offer free shipping in the US, have it send to my friend in the US, and she ships it to me when she has a good amount of stuff for me lying around :D much cheaper.

im setting the max that karl would allow to pay though im sure id push it higher if we had the pennies. though right now like you lovekins im unemployed so its really more like zero

Hey (thanks for the friends request :wavey: )
I guess my limit really depends at the time....I dont often buy pins as I much prefer to trade, but seeing as the UK rarely has hot traders, I am forced to sometimes buy a pin i really really want. I collect UP! and BTs so these are quite costly and hard to come by anyway...

the way I work it is if I see a pin I want to buy, I will usually sell of a few pins to cover the cost....the way I look at it is I wouldve been quite willing to trade these pins anyway, and therefore am no worse off, I wouldnt fund a pin purchase from my own personal bank account as I have 4 little children and bills etc to pay...I keep my pin funds seperate :)

Nice to read everyone elses points of view :)

Max is about 50- Most Ive paid is 45 to date (unless you count the tarzan pin frame then 140)- though there is only 1-2 that I would pay upwards of 75 for- I prefer patience as that always tends to get me my pins for what I want to pay...

I'm assuming we are talking about secondary market prices for the pin. With that said, I choose $50. I just don't feel I need any pin that bad to spend over $50 for it.

Mine's actually closer to the $15 range. I'll probably never be a pro-collector like most everyone here. I usually just nab a rack pin or two from the parks when I visit. Even then, I just don't know if I could bring myself to pay more than 20 bucks for an individual pin. There would always be that part of me that says, "Yeah, that's cool, but you could get 5 pins in this set for the same amount! More pins are better!"

My limit is around $25-$30. Unless there's something really significant about it (I think I paid slightly more than that for my WDW 20,000 Leagues 3-D diorama pin), there is just no way I can justify to myself paying more than that for an inch-long piece of metal. Right now, the most I would pay for a boxed or starter set is hovering around $50-$60, for much the same reasons (I think I lucked out one time and got my 20,000 Leagues starter set for about $20).

I had to pick $200 as I have spent $170-something on a single pin before, so its the closest to that. :lol: Though the only reason I managed to buy a pin that expensive was because I sold a lot of my traders to get it. It would have to be a pretty special pin for me to want to spend that much again on a pin. But ya know... the pin was of King Candy and all...

For me its generally $25-$50, with the exception of grails. I would pay a LOT of money for the Elinor Pendant pin in my grail signature. Probably over what I selected (which was $300). I don't really have an issue throwing down money for things that I really want, so long as I have the time to save up/sell other items to get them. I don't use actual finances from my jobs to fund my pin collecting (or any collecting, for that matter), I only use money I've made on the internet. Sadly being at school hinders my ability to make said money, so right now I have about $0 for pins :lol: However if one of the special ones came along, I would do everything I could to make the money to get it!

I would only pay $100 for my holiest grail and I did, now I wouldnt go that high. Also unemployed so I don't buy unless I can get an odd job or commission to cover it.

I voted $75 though I haven't come across a pin that pricey yet that I needed to have. The most I've spent so far is $65.. there are two pins in my wants that I would consider going over $75 for... but definitely not right now! lol I've spent so much on pins recently it's crazy.

I voted for $200. I have paid $350 for a pin before but I really don't think I want to do that again. I would say $200 would be my cap at this point, I don't have any pins right now that I want that I would pay over that for them.

I also had to pick $200.00. Not that I pay that very often but most of the PTD's I need now are hard to trade for so I have to resort to buying them and they tend to run $100.00 or more.

I guess I don't see the value in paying such lofty amounts since there are always lots of new pins that I think are very cool. And not being much of a "completist" in trying to get every pin from a movie or character, I voted at the $25 level. I applaud the dedication to spend $100 plus on a single pin, but I find that I'd rather get 10 $10 pins - which explains the piles of pins all over the house. Oops.

Ok, well after reading the responses I'm a little embarrassed to say what I would spend. The most I've spent so far is $175. That was for a pin I REALLY wanted. There are some others that I'd really like to have that run into the multiple hundreds of dollars. I would be willing to spend it if I had that kind of disposable income available.

For most of my pins I want, I will not spend more then $25/30 shipped. My grail on the other hand usually sells for $200-$300 and thats when it comes on the market...

I have a new most I've spent...I went from about $35 to a whopping...$37. :lol: I've tried to spend more, rationalize it that I bought a couple pins for $35 in 2001, so now in 2013 that would be the equivalent of close to $50. But whenever I see $50 pins, nope can't do it. I would spend $50 on the Dixie Landings pin in my signature, I would spend $100 for a couple of the older BTs...but considering the ones I would pay $100 for are the ones going for $400, it's not going to happen. My $37 splurge is a pin that used to regularly sell for $150, so I know I'd just feel sick if I spent that much on something and years later it was going for a quarter of the price I paid. So I just wait for pins to fall into my price range, instead of stretching my range to get them.

it would totally depend on the pin, and my financial status at that perticular moment. Right now, my max would be $50.00.... but there are pins out there on my wants list that go for close to $500.00

i did NOT vote.

I voted $100 but probably would be more accurate at $75. I've only ever broken $100 for a single pin once. Pip PTD. Anything north of $100 I'd rather trade than buy/sell.

Thanks for sharing everyone...love reading others opinions and such!!! :D Glad to see I am not the only one with a $0 budget right now and on a halt from buying, thought I hate seeing so many unemployed!!! I also try my best to sell things when I am able to in order to gather the funds for my pins, I think I have only bought like two in the past out of my working income, the rest I sold stuff to buy!

Also, you are very welcome Charlottetowell!!! :D I am not sure why I hadn't added you before!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back