• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What to do with a counterfit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What to do with a counterfit?

DISDebi

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Ironic story: I posted here a while back about being nervous buying traders from eBay in fear that I'd get scrappers. As a result, I bought pins from a member here (whose name will remain annoymous). In the lot of 20 she sent, I received one counterfit: pin 80828 http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=80828&sid=6992.1302649718.v3

I'm torn as to what to do. I don't want to take it to WDW to trade it, but I'd hate to throw it away either. I'm afraid if I mailed it back to the person who sold me the pins, it'd wind up on a lanyard in the longrun anyhow. Any suggestions? I do remember there was a person posting here for scrappers/unauthorized pins to use for prizes for a special needs cause. If you're out there, please PM me!

CMR626 - here's what you were looking for! She's collecting them for next year too!

help.png
WANTED: kind souls and scrappers/counterfeit pins

WANTED: Your unwanted scrapper/counterfeit pins

WHY: Altruistic giving for an Autism Awareness walk’s game prizes; and well, because you rock!

:hug:

Hola ya’ll!

Have you got scrappers you don’t know what to do with? Counterfeits that look pretty on the front, but have the dreaded border on the back? Fakes that you just want to part with, but can’t bring yourself to throw out or put back into circulation? Have I got the idea for you!

Donate your UNWANTED scrapper/counterfeit pins as game prizes for an Autism Awareness walk (similar to Relay for Life events). All of the games are free for the children, and being a teacher, I can attest to how much their eyes light up when they see their favorite character on a shiny piece of metal! I’ve used scrapper pins (with a black X on the back) in good behavior/good work treasure boxes before, and they always delight.

If interested, please PM me for further details. Please note, there will not be any monetary compensation for your donation (aka I am NOT buying your scrappers from you), but rather a good feeling knowing your pin made a child smile.

Thanks, and please let me know, either here or via PM if you would like to join this project! :bowdown:

- Cassie J

*Note: Event to be held 4/2/11 in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back