• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Which 17" LE doll would you choose?

Which LE 17" doll would you choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 17" LE doll would you choose?

DarlingDame

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birthday is next week, and my fiance told me to pick a 17" doll. He was looking at the LE 17" Snow White on eBay because he knows that I have wanted her forever, but I'm not sure if she is the best choice at the moment. I'm wondering if it might be better to get Snow Elsa because her number is lower... But at the same time, her price seems a little inflated and I'm wondering if I should wait. The only ones I have from the 17" LE are Wedding Rapunzel & Cinderella. My Disney Store closed and I fell out of the loop for a while. Plus, I was more focused on the Designer dolls because I have been collecting those from the start. I have always adored the 17" dolls though and need to start collecting them before I fall too behind.

Here is who I need:

Snow White
Tiana
Belle
Rapunzel- Purple Dress
Mother Gothel
Alice (I don't see this one happening)
Queen of Hearts (or this one)
Merida
Lady Tremaine
Merida and Elinor set
Ariel
Ursula
Princ
e Eric
November Elsa
November Anna

Who do you think I should choose? I am between Snow White and Elsa. He said if I choose a lower priced one, he will probably get a couple (I know, I'm so loved!)... I'd love any advice!

I dont think that the prices of these dolls will decrease including Elsa, she may stagnate and you may be able to get her at a reasonable rate if there are any auctions for her as opposed to buy it nows but I wouldn't count on it. Snow White has never gone down in price so I dont see this happening with Elsa either.

In my opinion I think you should decide to go with the one that you like most so either Snow White or Elsa.

These are also the rarer dolls, Snow White has been around the longest so there are fewer available even though there were originally 5,000. Then you have Elsa who is 2,500 but is relatively new so there are a few more still on the secondary market. In terms of hardest to get I would rank it in this order:

- Harrods Frozen
- Alice
- Snow White
- Elsa (Nov)
- Belle, Tiana and Rapunzel would be tied
- Anna (Nov) and Ariel
- Cinderella, Merida and Wedding Rapunzel

Last edited:
I would suggest to get the one you want most, while there are a couple of Elsa's on the secondary market, I agree with Polaris, I don't see her price coming down, especially not any time soon, but at least she is still popping up at the moment. Snow White has become harder to get even though she has a larger edition size than Elsa. From the list you provided my personal favorites are Elsa, Snow White, Rapunzel (purple dress), Ariel, Tiana, Coronation Anna and Elsa and Mother Gothel. Not to say I don't love all the other ones, but these stand out to me more :)
Both Snow Queen Elsa and Snow are great dolls, but to help you on your quest, if I had to pick any one doll to be mine right now, I would chose Snow because as of right now she is harder to get than SQ Elsa. Either way you can't go wrong, they are both so beautiful. Good luck!! :)

I dont think that the prices of these dolls will decrease including Elsa, she may stagnate and you may be able to get her at a reasonable rate if there are any auctions for her as opposed to buy it nows but I wouldn't count on it. Snow White has never gone down in price so I dont see this happening with Elsa either.

In my opinion I think you should decide to go with the one that you like most so either Snow White or Elsa.

These are also the rarer dolls, Snow White has been around the longest so there are fewer available even though there were originally 5,000. Then you have Elsa who is 2,500 but is relatively new so there are a few more still on the secondary market. In terms of hardest to get I would rank it in this order:

- Harrods Frozen
- Alice
- Snow White
- Elsa (Nov)
- Belle, Tiana and Rapunzel would be tied
- Anna (Nov) and Ariel
- Cinderella, Merida and Wedding Rapunzel

Thanks Polaris, you always give great advice! I WISH I had a chance at the Harrods Frozen set! Dreams... I'm so torn between Elsa and Snow White! I have always been very biased to the classic princesses and adored Snow White, but Frozen kind of blew my mind. My favorites are actually Belle and Ariel, but know I have more time to get them. I always worry that if I wait to long to get Snow White she will disappear or her price will go up even more. Now I have the same worry with Elsa because of her instant popularity and low number. With your order suggestion I should probably go with Snow White... Oh decisions .... Thank you for your very helpful post!

I would suggest to get the one you want most, while there are a couple of Elsa's on the secondary market, I agree with Polaris, I don't see her price coming down, especially not any time soon, but at least she is still popping up at the moment. Snow White has become harder to get even though she has a larger edition size than Elsa. From the list you provided my personal favorites are Elsa, Snow White, Rapunzel (purple dress), Ariel, Tiana, Coronation Anna and Elsa and Mother Gothel. Not to say I don't love all the other ones, but these stand out to me more :)
Both Snow Queen Elsa and Snow are great dolls, but to help you on your quest, if I had to pick any one doll to be mine right now, I would chose Snow because as of right now she is harder to get than SQ Elsa. Either way you can't go wrong, they are both so beautiful. Good luck!! :)

I didn't think her price would drop, but I was hoping!! I should probably go with Snow. I had seen her go for half price around Christmas, but just didn't have the funds at the time. Ugh, so wish I had found a way to get her!! I agree, they are both so beautiful! Maybe I should stop analyzing it and tell him to surprise me, lol! Thanks for your suggestions!

I would pick Snow White. I think there are still way more sellers with Elsa than with Snow White, imo she's more rare than Elsa atm. And I, personally, like Snow White more.

Of all these, November Anna is my favourite! Though if Alice were an option she may have been my top choice. I currently own Nov Elsa, Nov Anna and Ariel, and am not after anymore except the new Anna.

There's no doubt that the most popular ones are November Elsa and Snow White. Everything depends on how much you're willing to spend and if you aim at collecting several of the dolls later on.
If you only want one doll, then go with your favorite, which sounds like Snow White. She's expensive, but I'm sure she's worth it for a fan.
On the other hand, if you want to collect several of these dolls later on, I don't see Snow White and Elsa getting much more expensive than they are now (not cheaper either), but the price of such dolls as Purple Rapunzel seems to raise steadily lately (Where's Ariel seems to keep the same level, also since she has a higher edition size). Before you could expect to pay 300-400 dollars for her, but looking at ebay now her sold prices have surpassed 500 dollars. So if you want her later on, now is probably the best time. I already have November Elsa and Anna, so after them Rapunzel was my most wanted doll.
If you're willing to spend 1000+ USD on a doll - get the one you want the most. I don't see Elsa and Snow White getting much cheaper than they are now. Snow White is the first doll and Elsa has a low edition size.

There's no doubt that the most popular ones are November Elsa and Snow White. Everything depends on how much you're willing to spend and if you aim at collecting several of the dolls later on.
If you only want one doll, then go with your favorite, which sounds like Snow White. She's expensive, but I'm sure she's worth it for a fan.
On the other hand, if you want to collect several of these dolls later on, I don't see Snow White and Elsa getting much more expensive than they are now (not cheaper either), but the price of such dolls as Purple Rapunzel seems to raise steadily lately (Where's Ariel seems to keep the same level, also since she has a higher edition size). Before you could expect to pay 300-400 dollars for her, but looking at ebay now her sold prices have surpassed 500 dollars. So if you want her later on, now is probably the best time. I already have November Elsa and Anna, so after them Rapunzel was my most wanted doll.
If you're willing to spend 1000+ USD on a doll - get the one you want the most. I don't see Elsa and Snow White getting much cheaper than they are now. Snow White is the first doll and Elsa has a low edition size.

That is actually a very good point, with all the attention on Snow and Elsa it's easy to overlook Rapunzel has actually increased to around the $400-500 mark. However did you actually notice how many dolls are available of both Rapunzel and Snow? I have both dolls and both are amazing in their own right but in terms of availability I would definitely go with Snow just because she is becoming rarer and it's getting so much harder to get her at a "reasonable" price.

but I guess it really comes down to DarlingDame being realistic and deciding of all the dolls if she had to choose one which one wdoll would you really want and get that one regardless of rarity and price.

I would go for Snow White. Even though Snow Elsa and Snow White seem to be on the same level in price, I have seem posts on forums wanting to trade their SQ Elsa for a SnowWhite. Because Snow has been out since 2009 most of them are now in the hands of collectors who do not plan on giving her up.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I would love Snow White, but there are only a couple listed at the moment. He found an amazing local deal on Rapunzel and Mother Gothel, so we are really leaning that way because it seems to good to let slip by. I will just have to keep my eye on Snow and Elsa to see if I can get a good deal at some point. I am hoping to maybe buy one at the end of this month. Fingers crossed that I'll find one. Thanks for the great advice everyone!!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I would love Snow White, but there are only a couple listed at the moment. He found an amazing local deal on Rapunzel and Mother Gothel, so we are really leaning that way because it seems to good to let slip by. I will just have to keep my eye on Snow and Elsa to see if I can get a good deal at some point. I am hoping to maybe buy one at the end of this month. Fingers crossed that I'll find one. Thanks for the great advice everyone!!

I think that is great! Rapunzel is one of my most favorite LE dolls ( bias aside as I adore her character and everything Tangled), but she is exquisite and getting more expensive and harder to find. In the end all that matters is whatever makes you happy and any of these dolls will bring huge smiles :D

I think that is great! Rapunzel is one of my most favorite LE dolls ( bias aside as I adore her character and everything Tangled), but she is exquisite and getting more expensive and harder to find. In the end all that matters is whatever makes you happy and any of these dolls will bring huge smiles :D

Yes, she's absolutely gorgeous! Just got her today! LOVE her sooo much!

Here are the ones he got me! I already have Wedding Rapunzel so I'm going to try to trade her or sell her so I can get Ariel. :)

51a3bade-dc1c-42b4-9759-399be8d5f9b6_zps19954054.jpg

Here are the ones he got me! I already have Wedding Rapunzel so I'm going to try to trade her or sell her so I can get Ariel. :)

51a3bade-dc1c-42b4-9759-399be8d5f9b6_zps19954054.jpg

Congrats! So glad you were able to decide in the end and that you got Rapunzel and Gothel, they really are amazing dolls! The detail on them is just amazing. To be honest the dolls created for Tangled were amazing. Definitely worth the money you pay for it.

Congrats! So glad you were able to decide in the end and that you got Rapunzel and Gothel, they really are amazing dolls! The detail on them is just amazing. To be honest the dolls created for Tangled were amazing. Definitely worth the money you pay for it.

Thank you! Yes, I just love them. Sooo beautiful. I will eventually try to get Snow and Elsa, but I'm so happy to have these ones in my collection now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back