• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who can we report a "bad Trader/Trade" to for some help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can we report a "bad Trader/Trade" to for some help??

figment919

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
I have a Trade/Trader that is going down the path of going wrong - first one in over 9 years of Pin Trading.

Is there a "site or URL" to post this or ask for help?? Used to be the "Mods" on Dizpins could assist, but are there any venues for us right now? How do we get person put on the "bad Trader" list via Reference Boards?? :sad:

Mike S.

Hi Mike
I have tried for years to start a board,with no success...I have no idea how you would report one,was it through pinpics
I think you can still email them about it,not sure though

Judy

Hi Judy

Yes it was a Trade via TA in PinPics. Didn't the Reference Board on Dizpins have a section that "alerted" you to bad Traders if you went in an "checked" for References??

Mike S.

Do you know if they are a member here or at another pin site? It might help if communication was the issue

Unfortunately, no. :( But, please report the problem to pinpics. They can keep track of the trader if there are any other reported problems. End result would pinpics banning them.

As I do TA trading, would you pm their name to me. I would like to keep track for my own reference.

I may have a problem of my own brewing. I'll give the party another couple of weeks to resolve it. No pins in almost a month and no responses to my emails. **grrrrr**

There is link on Pinpics for "dispute resolution." If it is for non-responsiveness, the member is usually banned from Pinpics. I have a list of "bad" traders that I keep on my laptop. I'm happy to share (but not on the message boards, obviously), and I'm happy to add to it as well (actually, not happy to add to it, but it's important).

There is link on Pinpics for "dispute resolution." If it is for non-responsiveness, the member is usually banned from Pinpics. I have a list of "bad" traders that I keep on my laptop. I'm happy to share (but not on the message boards, obviously), and I'm happy to add to it as well (actually, not happy to add to it, but it's important).

I would welcome a copy of that list also - please. :)

All, I have already sent 5 weekly e-mails to the Trader with no response from him. It certainly isn't a lack of communication on my part.

Mike S.

If you'd like a copy of the list, please PM me with your email address. In the spirit of the DPF, I don't want to share these names/user IDs here.

Also, if you've had a bad experience, please let me know so I can add to the list.

I had a pin that took a month to show up (the post date confirmed), but the trader and I stayed in contact.

It could be a possiblity that the party is sick, tied up with family issues, their puter is down, etc. (I think we have all experienced that at sometime). I would still give pinpics a heads-up of the possible problem. They can no longer mediate, but, they can monitor behind the pinpics scenes.

All, I have already sent 5 weekly e-mails to the Trader with no response from him. It certainly isn't a lack of communication on my part.

Mike S.

I had a similar problem a little while ago with someone on Pinpics. They wouldn't respond to me for weeks but as soon as someone from Pinpics emailed him he responded and got his pins in the mail the very next day.

Communication is the key thing here & it works both ways. Okay I trade from the UK but am in constant e-mail comms with the recipients, checking to see if the pins have been delivered. Must admit that I have never had a bad trade in quite a few years but as erudolf has said there are some that just drag on & on & need continuously chasing! I had one trade take 10 weeks to arrive - in the end the sender sent the package surface instead of air-mail to save a few cents!
Personal things do take over but as one member has posted recently they are "hospitalised" & traders waiting for pins are being considerate knowing the circumstances - you just never know or can predict the reasons!

There are only limited excuses for poor communication - I hope you manage to get it resolved!

I have always thought it unfair that the reference center allowed only positive references to be left. I could have a 100 good ones and then all of a sudden have 10 bad ones, but only the good ones show. I think that is misleading!

I've always been overly communicative in my trades. Better too much than too little in my opinion!

I hope it works out for you!

The mods of any site can only do so much. Before a trade always check DPF or Dizpins references (they're still on there). If he has references, and they look legitimate, then maybe something happened to him. You never know. If he had no references, and a mod sends him an email he won't really care.

I had that same exact thing happen to me, except I didn't check his references prior and lost a decent LE 250. He had no references, so it was techinically my fault. ):

Pinpics was a huge help to me when I got stuck with what I thought was a bad trade. They were able to use their connections, find them, get me an address and help me get my pin. So by all means file a complaint with them. They work hard to keep the reputation for the site clean and will not hesitate to ban someone. If they are in the US, you can also file with the PO for mail fraud. That is a federal crime and they can go to jail. There are resources out there, they just have to be used.

i too, would like a copy! and i have one to add on the list!
PM sent

I have been trading for almost two years and have never had a problem until now.

This started back in October. I overheard a conversation about someone wanting a compass pin from Hong Kong. They are $60.00 over there and this means it translate to about $25 here. Give or take.

Anyway, I went up to the person who was asking about it and mentioned that Hong Kong dollars are different and I could probably get that pin for him at cost. He was so happy and he said yes.

He asked what I wanted and I said how about a couple of pins. He said ok. He noticed I collected POH, so he asked if he could get me two of those. (These are the ones, that are not really a big deal, that were out in October). I said yes, that is fine, because the extra funds he spends will make up for the postage I will pay to get the pin over here to the states.

Well, I got his address and when I received it, I sent it to him. He was so happy and could not beleive that he did not have to pay $60 U.S. for the pin, like the other person was trying to sell it to him for.

Needless to say, I sent it in November, once I received it and we are now in February and I have nothing to show for it.

I basicaly paid for a pin from Hong Kong, and then paid to have it shipped here and then paid to ship it to this person and he doesn't even send me the two pins he promised me.

It is so sad.

Oh well, Live and learn. :-(

So with that said, any information regarding any lists or names, I would love to have a copy. :)

Thank you,

Vicki

aka huertajv

Just a heads up-AOL is having e-mail issues. I can get my e-mails fine, but on my other e-mail address I haven't received e-mail since Feb. 10. I wrote to AOL and they said certain accounts are affected and they are trying to resolve the issues.

I think part of the issue with a "bad trader's" pin board is there is really no way to verify if the 'poster' did not receive their pin. It seems plausible that someone who is just plain mean could leave a negative review or post a name fraudulently. How would any of us feel to see our name listed, when we either did follow through and complete a trade or never heard of the person leaving the negative?

A bad trader board would be great IF the information could be verified first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back