• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why do you love that one Disney character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you love that one Disney character?

karkura

Gryffindor House Prefect
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have always wondered why and how some Disney lovers and collectors attach themselves to one specific character. For example, one of you out there loves Lucifer, I think another member is a Minnie, and yet another Figaro, etc.

I don't have just one character that I feel such an attachment to. There are so many I like, I really can't pick just one to love. So why do you love that character? :dunno:

Well, I love Stitch because I thought he was sooo cute in the movie. Then, I just fell in love with all of the Stitch Invasion and Stitch As pins where he was dressed as another character.

I love Si and Am since I have had Siamese cats ever since I was a kid. I haven't seen Lady and the Tramp in over 20 years and probably wouldn't actually like their characters/actions (I don't normally like villains), but I love them in pins.

I am going to lump all the princesses together for this question:

Because they are pretty.

lmao. Yeah, shallow.

When I was younger I used to watch Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers...Me and my cousin would "play pretend" and we would argue for hours over which one of us was going to be Chip, and which one was going to be Dale. They have always been my favorite :)

Alice in Wonderland will always hold a special place in my heart because my middle name is Alice, after Alice in Wonderland :) My dad is big into the book/movie

As for Tangled and Aladdin pins...they're my two favorite Disney movies. Every time a Tangled pin is released I literally spazz out and start plotting ways to get it :lol: Any other pins are based on movies I enjoyed or sentimental...I love Percy the pug pins because I grew up with pugs all my life!

Last edited:
i have loved alice since i was 4 yrs old.i remember when my grandmother bought it on vhs i watched it over and over again,golden afternoon is still my favorite disney song.when we went to dland when i was 5 they didnt have any alice stuff except a set of color markers and coloring book iwas so upset after all the pics had been colored my dad had to buy me another one.

I love Tiana so much because our fourth and fifth children are adopted and are black. I was so excited when I heard the movie was coming out because I wanted Mary (our now 3 year old) to have a Disney princess she could identify with (in terms of looks). Sure enough, it was the first movie I took her to see. We dressed her up in her Tiana costume and she and her best friend went to see it. It is such a special memory for me to think about her watching that movie looking like a big girl, eating popcorn. She sat through the whole movie completely in love and when it was over, she told me her name was not Mary Elizabeth anymore, it was Mary Tiana (except she says Tinana). For Halloween, I dressed Mary and Joshua (our 21 month old) up as Princess and the Frog and when they saw each other, they squealed with delight. We have seriously probably seen the movie about 300 times and Mary still cries every time Ray dies. It's just a great movie!

For me, I love the movie Enchanted. Not sure why....I just love everything about it. I have also loved retro stuff so I think I was naturally drawn to the retro themed pins because they just have such cool vintage themes/colors.

I love Tiana so much because our fourth and fifth children are adopted and are black. I was so excited when I heard the movie was coming out because I wanted Mary (our now 3 year old) to have a Disney princess she could identify with (in terms of looks). Sure enough, it was the first movie I took her to see. We dressed her up in her Tiana costume and she and her best friend went to see it. It is such a special memory for me to think about her watching that movie looking like a big girl, eating popcorn. She sat through the whole movie completely in love and when it was over, she told me her name was not Mary Elizabeth anymore, it was Mary Tiana (except she says Tinana). For Halloween, I dressed Mary and Joshua (our 21 month old) up as Princess and the Frog and when they saw each other, they squealed with delight. We have seriously probably seen the movie about 300 times and Mary still cries every time Ray dies. It's just a great movie!

For me, I love the movie Enchanted. Not sure why....I just love everything about it. I have also loved retro stuff so I think I was naturally drawn to the retro themed pins because they just have such cool vintage themes/colors.

awesome_tear.gif

Awwwwwww!

My favorite character is Donald (he reminds me of how I can be haha), but I don't seem to collect pins of him. I mainly collect Facilier (awesomely evil) and Mickey (classic, face of WDC) pins with bits and pieces of every other character involved. However- if you know me well you'll know I'll go for almost any pin I think that looks cool ;)

I get a lot of looks for liking Jessica so much, since most of her fans are (understandably) guys. :) I like her for several reasons...

I'm a big fan of the movie. I love that 40s Noir detective feel. Her voice is amazing (thank you, Mrs. Hepburn). She's so hot, she could have any man, but she picks the one that makes her laugh....smart lady. She tries throughout the movie to help Roger, even when we don't realize it. And finally, she looks great on pins, which is a very visual hobby. :)

Tinker Bell, I pretty much just like because she's pretty and they make some wonderful pins for her...same for the princesses, although I also have a childhood attachment to them.

I love Chip and Dale and Stitch when they're being cute.

OMG, I almost forgot Duffy!!

I love Duffy because of a long string of incidents with him. I first saw him when we went to DisneySea in 2007...I saw a girl walking around with a super cute bear in a carnivale like outfit. I fell in love, and started looking for him. I didn't realize at the time that all the naked bears I saw were the same bear, and that they sold the outfits separately. I returned home empty handed to find out the truth later.

Sad that I had missed my chance, I was determined to get one, and in March 2010, we went back, and I got my chance! I love the cute little fellow, but confess that a lot of my love also comes from the amusement of the Japanese craze behind him. Also, his home park (Tokyo DisneySea) is my favorite of all the parks, so I also have memories of it attached to Duffy. And finally, he makes going to parks sooooooo fun. And so is dressing him up. :)

Last edited:
I get a lot of looks for liking Jessica so much, since most of her fans are (understandably) guys. :) I like her for several reasons...

I'm a big fan of the movie. I love that 40s Noir detective feel. Her voice is amazing (thank you, Mrs. Hepburn). She's so hot, she could have any man, but she picks the one that makes her laugh....smart lady. She tries throughout the movie to help Roger, even when we don't realize it. And finally, she looks great on pins, which is a very visual hobby. :)

Tinker Bell, I pretty much just like because she's pretty and they make some wonderful pins for her...same for the princesses, although I also have a childhood attachment to them.

I love Chip and Dale and Stitch when they're being cute.

What I also love about Jessica, for DISNEY pins at least, she is the only character that can be sexy. Which she obviously does well. lol

Beauty & the Beast: Belle is the princess that I think is most like me. Brown hair, nose stuck in a book, father that loves to tinker

Dumbo: When we were dating, my husband gave me a stuffed elephant. He's gone everywhere with me for 15 years now. Dumbo is "his" collection, because what else would an elephant collect?

Alice in Wonderland: When my parents joined the NFFC, and then my DH and I started going to the local meetings, everyone had a special character the collected. I wanted to pick something no one else collected. I love all the bright colors of Alice and the quirky characters, so that's what I went with. I find it a little amusing that the movie is so popular with pin collectors, because my early experience was that no one collected it. One of the members, owned a gallery and started in the 70s and he could only even name one Alice collector.

Figment: He's just so cute!

Maleficent. You have to admire that sort of commitment. And she is THE most evil of all Disney villains. She is the only one that does evil for its own sake, not for any personal gain. That, my friends, is dedication!

Well, I love Stitch because I thought he was sooo cute in the movie. Then, I just fell in love with all of the Stitch Invasion and Stitch As pins where he was dressed as another character.

Agreed. There are so many reasons I love Stitch, but the main reason is my little sister. I remember taking my two year old sister to see the movie when it first came out, and she was totally in love with it. When she starting talking a lot, she would constantly be quoting the movie to me. She would pretend to bite me and expect me to say "Does this look infected to you" ala Myrtle. Plus at the time, she was a spitting image of Lilo and I thought it was so cute. Her and my older sister have the same age difference as Lilo and Nani too.

Besides that, I think that the Invasion pins are always so creative and amazing-looking. I love Disney films in general, so to see those incorporated in my favorite animated film ever is awesome.

"Aladdin" is my all-time favorite movie. To me, it embodies a mix of everything you could ask for in a film: adventure, romance, music, comedy... I could go on. Anyway, I particularly love the colors, the character designs, and the overall artistic style of the movie, so of course I was instantly hooked when I discovered all the Disney pins based off of it.

My fav characters have changed a bit over the years:

Mufasa/the lion King: holds memories from being a child, dying to see it before it even came out, watching it for the first time with my family etc I loved the look of mufasa i think hes so beautiful (as are real lions) plus my mum loves lions so i think that influences me a bit lol

Pocahontas: again childhood memories, going to see it in the cinema with my mum, loving it, me teaching my mum "colours of the wind" hehe mum surprising me with the sing-along-songs video of it one day after school :) i also luv that its kind of a true story

Stitch: totally fell in love with him when i seen the movie and i have loads of stitch merchandise although i dont really collect stitch pins

Esmeralda: I think shes really pretty and has such a strong female spirit, also loved the movie

Mulan: Again it was the strong female personality and the story

Rapunzel: I really identify with her (too much to explain hehe)

Dumbo is the only character that can always without a doubt get a emotional reaction from me. I collect Dumbo pins because of my Mom. When I was young she used to cuddle me up and rock me back and forth and sing baby mine to me. Also when I was 14 months old my very first trip to disneyland, my very first ride was Dumbo. I have a wonderful picture from that day of my mom and me of that ride. My mother exemplified Mrs. Jumbo in every way as a mother. She always protected me and loved me unconditionally. Collecting Dumbo items is one way that makes me feel close to my mom even though she is no longer with me in physical form.

I like stitch because when I saw the film I just thought he was so cute and then I saw the tv series with all his cousins which made me like stitch more and more. so when I started collecting pins I automatically started collecting stitch pins.

I absolutely love Kevin from UP, I know everyone likes Dug and so do I but for some reason I really like Kevin she is just a great character to me anyway.

Cinderella is my fav, it was the first Disney film I ever watch, and is one of the primary pins I collect

Lucifer: I love cats as pets and think Lucifer is the coolest looking Disneycat. Lucifer also reminds me of a cat I used to have. Don't really know why, because she was the sweetest cat ever. Maybe because she was just as fat as Lucifer.
The Lion King: my favorite movie
Eeyore & Piglet: they just look so cute
Beauty & the Beast: Beauty is my favorite princess and the Beast as a man is the most handsome prince

Of the 12 pin themes that I collect, 10 of them are based on fave characters of mine. That's why I collect those pins.

Cheshire Cat: My number one fave Disney character of all time. I love everything about him! For starters, he's pink and purple, and pink is my fave colour. His voice is very unique (in a good way) and I love unclear his motives are. He's just fabulous. I don't just collect pins of him, I collect Cheshire merchandise in general!

Gaston: My second fave Disney character. Gaston is a weird one for me, in that if he was a real person, I don't think I could stand him. I'm totally against hunting, and I can't stand arrogance. As a character though, I just can't help but adore him. LOL, I may as well be one of the bimbettes. I think he's totally gorgeous! If he were real, in appearence, he would definatly be my type. I love very muscular men and chins with cleft chins (AKA bum chins). :lol: He really is perfect. I think his voice is fantastic and as a character in Beauty and the Beast, he does a really good job of showing everyone the very moral of that film.

Scar: My third fave Disney character. Again, another weird one for me. Scar is responsible for the death of another of my fave characters (Mufasa), so why would I like him? Well, for me it's how theatrical and dramatic he is. I also think he's very cool, with that unmistakable voice and very unique appearence when compared to all the other lions and lionesses you see in the film.

Chernabog: My fourth fave Disney character. He's just epic. That is all. :bowdown:

Zero: My fifth fave Disney character. I just think he's adorable. I love animals, especially dogs, and Zero just really appeals to me. I think the way that he's done is great, and I love his various expressions. One of my fave expressions of his is when he looks sad, but I don't think they've made a pin of that yet.

Mufasa: My 6th fave Disney character. Mufasa is an incredibly deep, strong and beautiful character. He's incredibly handsome (for a lion) and he's very "real", if that makes sense. He's just amazing.

Ratigan: My 7th fave Disney character. Ratigan is probably one of the most evil and twisted Disney villains around. He killed orphans and everything! He's voiced by the immortal Vincent Price (which is an epic bonus), and he was camp before "being camp" ever existed I think. I love his mood swings and his sadistic personality.

Princess and the Frog characters: LOL, joint 8th goes to Dr Facilier, Prince Naveen and Louis. Princess and the Frog is such a fantastic film, so it was very easy for all 3 of these characters to jump straight into my top 10 (along with Lottie, who there's no pins of just yet!). Facilier is an awesome villain, utterly rutherless but still very charming. Naveen reminds me somewhat of Gaston. Again, I find him very attractive and also very funny. Definatly my fave Disney Prince! And Louis is great as well!

Mrs Jumbo: My 9th fave Disney character. She only says two words in the whole film, but that doesn't matter to me one bit. She's a loving mother who would do anything for her beautiful baby boy, and that speaks volumes to me, despite me not ever wanting kids of my own. She's a beautiful character in more ways than one.

Shere Khan: My 10th fave Disney character. Shere Khan used to be higher up than this, but I've not watched The Jungle Book in YEARS, so he just keeps getting moved down. I remember that what I liked best about him was his voice and his regal appearence. He's another very cool customer, just like Scar.

Great post Lindsay!

My favourite character is Jack Skellington. Halloween has always been one of my favourite festivals and The Nightmare Before Christmas is my favourite film. Therefore it only fair that I honour this combination in my adoration of the one and only Pumpkin King. I don't just collect Jack pins but all sorts of Jack and Nightmare merchandise including vinylmation, cushions, figures, snowglobes etc..

My second favourite character is from the same film. Again, I love Halloween and this character has an amazing spinning face with a different expression on each side. The fanastic Mayor of Halloweentown. I love collecting spinner pins of this character they are so fun and original! :)

My third favourite character who will always hold a dear place in my heart is the one and only Simba. I used to have a plush simba that I used to take everywhere. He was my first teddy and I still have him today (almost 20 years later) My favourite Simba memory is when we were going on holiday to Salou and the airport security asked me to put Simba throught the x-ray machine. I was so upset that they let me go behind the counter and watch Simba to go through.. I was throroughly releived to get him back on the other side!! :)

I also love three villains. These are new side collections pin wise for me.. I really like Jafar, Frollo and Dr. Facilier. I have recently obtained two of my most wanted Facilier pins. I really liked the character as soon as I saw princess and the frog. The whole voodoo thing really interests me! :) Jafar in my opinion is the ultimate villain, and the scariest. I really like Frollo's characters too, the whole story is really emotional and also realistic :) I can't wait to meet them at DLRP in October for Halloween! :)

There are so many other characters... Pumba, Rafiki, Donald, Zero.. the list is really endless for me. But that's a few of my favourite characters for you! :)

Even though I don't collect his pins, my favorite Disney character is Pooh bear. Mainly because he's so innocent. He looks at the world through a child's eyes and reminds me what it's like to be 5 again. He's completely honest and unspoiled. Not to mention cuddly!

And Mulan is my favorite princess, mainly because she does the rescuing! She's tough and smart, but still femine and beautiful. And I do love Tiana, mainly for the same reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back