• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why I AM TURNING OFF MY TA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I AM TURNING OFF MY TA

Tabbikat2219

BANNED
Rating - 99.1%
210   2   0
Okay so I am thinking of turning off my trade assistant. I have had a trade gone bad I sent 2 le 100 pins and was suppose to get 2 in return well they never arrived. When I emailed the person and asked about a tracking number they responded " I dont use them what do you expect me to do maybe you misplaced them" I very nicely explained they have not arrived and i didnt "misplace my pins" Needless to say this is going no where fast. Of course this is a trade off of TA not from here. So I am thinking of just not using the TA any longer. All most of all of my trades come from DPF and the wonderful people here I trust. All the request I get from TA are insanely stupid HM's for LE 100 I dont even reply any longer. Anyone else turned off their TA?

Please file a complaint with PinPics with supporting documentation. If the Trader is bad they will get banned from TA trading on PinPics. I must admit there has been a rash of "Bad Traders" all of a sudden, I don't know whats going on. A lot of us "oldies" moved to DPF.com once Dizpins was closed down so I think a lot of Traders have been around awhile and its not just a "TA thing".

Mike S.

I am sorry for what is happening. I hope you get your pins soon and that they didn't rip you off.

I have turned my TA once in a while too. Right now I am just "anonymous" on it now though so people do not know who I am unless I reply back to their pinpics trade request. I get really supid requests all the time too. I think everyone does really.

Bleh, I'm almost done with it too! Everytime I've traded the other person takes super long to ship their pins and they come with obvious wear. While I've made a handful of good trades, I've also had my share of disappointments. For now I think I'm sticking to DPF just because I know the people here love trading and aren't out to get you. Hope everything gets resolved though! Gah people could be complete jerks sometimes.

I actually just got a trade request again for one of my DA pins offering me HM's...it's not the first. I've only had one trade via TA and my pin was sent in a regular, beat up envelope with no packing, but at least it arrived.

Sorry you're having a bad experience :( I'm wary of trusting TA trades

I still enjoy the TA emails in the morning- even the hidden Mickey offers for low LEs. I just say no thanks & why it is no thanks. I too have been burned a few times, but in general I still like it

I still do it....almost every day....it seems I never get any replies back ever or its always a NO. I am kind of getting fed up with TA and it always seems I get most of my trades done on the DPF.

I turned mine off a long time ago. I don't like trading with complete strangers, crossing my fingers that they weren't shady, and the types of trades requests that were coming through. I also don't like how the TA is set up.

I agree with Figment919 about filing a complaint with PinPics. I trade through TA quite often and only had one problem so far. I found out later the other trader wasn't trying to screw me. After I filed a complaint and they re-sent another pin.. a month later, the original pin came so I sent it back. He mixed up the last two numbers of my zip code so that's why it took like 3 months to get to me. I won't turn my TA off because although I prefer trading with people here.. I can't find a lot of trade matches so I get most of my trades from TA.

I have had one trade go bad. I did file a complaint through Dizpins, but it is my understanding that those complaints are automated and the "complaint department" is not manned. Basically, the other person gets a copy of your complaint, but nobody actually does anything about it or mediates the dispute. :(

That having been said, I have had mostly good trades through TA - both through my requests as well as receiving others requests.

Yeah I am filing a complaint for all the good it will do. The person had nerve enough to reply that it is not his responsibility to make sure I recevie the pins. I just about dropped my jaw. I always send with a tracking number and this fool sent two LE100 with no tracking? I mean where is the common sense? If that had been me and my package didnt arrive (which doesnt happen often ) I would at least send the persons pins back. I mean really.

I've never had any problems trading through the TA, other than receiving a trade, accepting it and then never hearing from them - I guess that's better than mailing out and never hearing from them again!

I've turned my TA off for a month to take a trading break, but I will turn it back on in June. I do the majority of my trading through there, although I am finding more and more names are appearing on DPF.

I am so sorry about your bad luck.

I always had decent trades until recently. This time, I have sent an LE 250 and I did not hear *anything* from the other trader.

I have e-mailed her and sent one PM yesterday. She has time to post on the board, but does not respond to me at all. I try to tell myself that there must be a good reason but i am worried and upset :(

I'm sure that I have been on the other side of the fence when it comes to this issue, but I have been sure to come through in the end. I've never used the TA except to trade with other members here on the forum. I too would feel the same way if I was in your shoes and am sorry that it's come this far. Ah well, we support your decision and would like to see you here on DPF.

Last edited:
I agree with Mike (Figment 919) about filing a complaint with Pin Pics for the reasons he mentioned in his post. But this is the *exact* reason why I *always* insist on a 3rd party trade for high end pins, even if I trust the other person I'm trading with. The way I see it, the 3rd party just adds an extra layer of protection to the trade for both parties and when you're dealing with high end pins, anyone who would refuse it probably isn't completely on the 'up-and-up' with the trade anyway and better to find out before any LBEs are sent out.

I too have noticed a rash of 'bad trader' complaints lately and I have a theory as to why this might be. When Dizpins was operational, the admins/mods had a very strict, no nonsense policy. You messed up, there were consequences - and those consequences were enforced. I think that might be because, with Dizpins closing, everyone (including people who were blocked from Dizpins for poor trading practices) is converging on the newly emerging forums and, well, either testing their limits or trading the way they did to get themselves kicked off of Dizpins. They might be finding out exactly what they can and can't get away with in terms of (shall we say?) less than honest/fair trading before they get themselves disciplined/banned from the forums.

That being said, I'm very sorry that you had this rotten experience. There just is no excuse for this. If you can't get any recourse from Pin Pics, perhaps you could file a mail fraud charge against the trader. I hope everything works out for you in the end.

i too have had terrible requests,but i hate the no reply back.and i think a lot of newbies dont really know any type of trading etiquette,i traded only at dlr for 2 years before i even gave online trading a try.i thin k whats happening a lot is people who have just started hear about pin pics and go on before they even know that theres a difference between hms and les.i was at the park once and someone wanted an le 300 for a alice hm,when i told them no thanks they were like " but its a hidden mickey" and i was like yeah i can walk around and trade with cm's all day and probably find it.so thats my theory for terrible offers.

So sorry to hear about the bad trade and hope everything gets resolved.

Lately with all these bad traders i have been super nervous when getting pinpics requests and notice that they aren't on here for more references.

~jessi

I too have noticed a rash of 'bad trader' complaints lately and I have a theory as to why this might be. When Dizpins was operational, the admins/mods had a very strict, no nonsense policy. You messed up, there were consequences - and those consequences were enforced. I think that might be because, with Dizpins closing, everyone (including people who were blocked from Dizpins for poor trading practices) is converging on the newly emerging forums and, well, either testing their limits or trading the way they did to get themselves kicked off of Dizpins. They might be finding out exactly what they can and can't get away with in terms of (shall we say?) less than honest/fair trading before they get themselves disciplined/banned from the forums.

I mostly agree except that I think the seeds were planted before the demise of Dizpins. Once they announced that they would no longer be monitoring the trade disputes it was like an open invitation to scammers but I don't think they started going full force until Dizpins was gone.

I've been a bit put off at how filed disputes have been handled as well. I had four bad trades in one month awhile back and wrote into Pinpics explaining the situations and expressing my concerns that the lack of enforcement of the rules was sending trading downhill. In the response I got back it was suggested that "maybe you should take a break from pin trading if it is frustrating you so much" (or something very close to those words). Seriously!?!? People are screwing me over using your website in ways that are clearly against the terms of use and then giving me B.S.excuses and you want ME to take a break from pin trading?!?! I couldn't believe it. It really left me soured on trading on Pinpics and I have done very few trades there ever since.

I only do TA trades with people who are WELL established and have a considerable number of refs. If not, I request that they mail first. I had to do that when I started. If they say yes, then we proceed. If they'd rather not, then I pass on the trade. I was badly burned and am more cautious, now. I don't have the option do trade other than online, so DPF is always my first choice, but I still use the TA.

I'm really sorry that this happened to you, no deserves it less than you! I hope that with your filing of the complaint, they will pull their head out & mail your pins!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I have had one trade go bad. I did file a complaint through Dizpins, but it is my understanding that those complaints are automated and the "complaint department" is not manned. Basically, the other person gets a copy of your complaint, but nobody actually does anything about it or mediates the dispute. :(

That having been said, I have had mostly good trades through TA - both through my requests as well as receiving others requests.

The complaint department is manned, I think. When I filed a complaint in January or February, someone from PinPics emailed me and the other trader to get it resolved. I hope that's a regular thing and not a fluke.

I have not turned mine off, I simply dont use it as no one is trading the pins I need so there is no point in me sending out trade requests lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back