• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

17" Rapunzel wedding doll - differences, current value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
17" Rapunzel wedding doll - differences, current value?

ilia89

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi everyone,

I swore to myself I'd only get the Frozen dolls, but I uh....realllly like the Rapunzel wedding doll? :naughty:
So I've been trying to find information about her as it seems there are two different versions out there?? *highly confused*
My questions are, what the differences are for the two versions and if I have to expect to pay more for one version than the other? :eek:
Also, as all LE17" dolls have gone up recently because of the Frozen hype, will prices for the Rapunzel wedding doll likely fall again in some months or will waiting achieve nothing and the prices will only go up for her as well? I'm also really unsure as to what I should pay for her, what is a decent price for her?

Help anyone? :)

The only difference I know of between is that one comes with short eyelashes and the other super long eyelashes but apart from that they are the same. I think both "versions" are worth the same. Usually wedding Rapunzel is pretty cheap but she has gone up in value since the Frozen releases but with her higher edition size it wouldn't surprise me if her price ever so slightly dropped. I would get if you can though as is a stunning doll .

Long eyelashes:

558162_350703278313087_329192643_n.jpg

Short:

rapunzel-wedding-doll3.jpg

I didn't realize there were two different versions of this doll. I'm curious -- was this just a manufacturing defect or something? How did this happen?

I think what happened was she was supposed to come with short lashes, like in the promo image, but some of them didn't get the lashes cut in production :) Just my guess!

Her gown, crown, and veil are absolutely stunning in person! If you have the chance to get her I definitely would. I personally think she's under rated amongst the LE 17'' dolls because of her high edition size.

Last edited:
I didnt know that there was more than one version of her either and I am looking into getting her(she loves rapunzel but the one in the purple dress is to expensive) and and Cinderella or Ariel for my mother as an Easter gift. I cant decide between those two any opinions on which is a nicer LE doll Cinderella or Aerial?

I have the one with the short eyelashes, and for her bridal look I prefer the short lashes, more natural looking <3 BUT I just bought an LE Rapunzel (Purple dress) and she has the long ones, I think she'd look weird with the short ones... I think the length of her hair affects it too! :lol:

From what I know most of the dolls in the UK have the short lashes, so it might be an error/variant that affects the later numbers, say after 5000 or so?

is $145-$175 a good price for this doll. I am new to buying these dolls and thought I would ask on here before I buy. Thanks in advance for the help

I recently sold my extra - and it was hard deciding which to get rid of as I had one with the long lashes and one with the short lashes. I wanted the long lash one initially because it matched the purple Rapunzel, but at the end of the day I ended up liking the short lash one better and so I sold my long lash one. Either way she is gorgeous and terribly underrated.

I didnt know that there was more than one version of her either and I am looking into getting her(she loves rapunzel but the one in the purple dress is to expensive) and and Cinderella or Ariel for my mother as an Easter gift. I cant decide between those two any opinions on which is a nicer LE doll Cinderella or Aerial?

Most people will say go with Ariel, but personally I know I'm in the minority here but I prefer the Cinderella. Ariel is one of my favourite characters but she is my least favourite LE doll I own. And when I have asked friends and my mum ect which is their favourite on my shelf they always say Ariel is their least favourite! I think Cinderella's dress is gorgeous, not keen on her hair though.

Wedding Rapunzel is seriously underrated, I am tempted to get her but I don't do doubles of characters and I have the purple Rapunzel already.

PrincessxJasmine89 congrats on getting Rapunzel, she is gorgeous!

Thank you everyone!!! I didn't know it was 'only' the eyelashes, thanks.
I will defnitily try to get her, I just hope I find some seller in Europe, I don't want to pay customs on over 200 US $....

I have the one with the short lashes. Personally I feel like she is on eof the most beautiful LE dolls. The amount of detail is insane. I got mine for around $130. If you are very interested in purchasing it I would wait a bit maybe. The prices are crazy right now because of Frozen. I would hold off and not pay more than $160 for one :)

Ok you guys are making me think the short lashes looks better.
Maybe I should consider trying to find a short lash one instead lol.

I think i always assume that more lashes means more beauty but clearly not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back