• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
2014 Designer Dolls - Fairytale Collection Part II
I messaged Disney store about adding the discount on because I forgot to add it on earlier and they said they couldn't because the discount cannot be used on limited edition items, which is rubbish because other people have managed to use it.

I messaged Disney store about adding the discount on because I forgot to add it on earlier and they said they couldn't because the discount cannot be used on limited edition items, which is rubbish because other people have managed to use it.

It's not supposed to work on limited edition items but for some reason it works on Mulan and Aurora. I've had this happen before with some discount codes. Disney usually figure it out and stop the codes from working on the items so you have to be quick. I thought they'd have noticed by now though.

Has anybody else wondered why Cinderella isn't wearing her earrings in the designer fairytale doll? In her package images she has them on. However on the doll herself there is none?

Has anybody else wondered why Cinderella isn't wearing her earrings in the designer fairytale doll? In her package images she has them on. However on the doll herself there is none?

My guess would be that she has that crown/diadem thing instead of the earrings

My store had 18 dolls and about 40-50 people showed up. I was the 5th person called so luckily I won't have to get up at 3 AM tonight. :)

Mulan and Shang are supposed to arrive today via UPS as well...so as long as they arrive in good condition/undamaged I will be done for the year!

Good luck to everyone trying online tonight!

Hoping someone will post pics of this set before they go live in the U.S. tonight. I love to see how they look from another perspective. Congrats to all that got everything they needed/wanted this year!! Wishing us all good luck tonight.:x: Major focus mode when the time comes. ~Aloha:stitch:

Yeah, I didn't get called. That's kind of like 0 for 3, considering I only think I got Mulan and Shang because so many people didn't show or tossed their name out of the ring. I was called so late.

I have noticed that at Florida Mall I hear the same names over and over. I don't think there's anything to that....just that they're very lucky people and should probably go to Vegas. :)

Went my local disney store today and got the sleeping beauty set my boyfriend was the first one picked and I was soon after and today ups just dropped of my mulan dolls. It's a disney day at my house today. Good luck to everyone online tonight.

My local Disney store had 15 dolls. 16 people showed up but a few of them were in groups trying to get just one set. When I checked my dolls again in my car, I noticed Aurora had a few green spots on her hands and face that I couldn't see in the store's dim lighting. Luckily, the manager was nice enough to let me exchange my set for another one. All in all, everything was pretty relaxed. Good luck to everyone trying online tonight!

I didn't like the way Mulan was posed inside the box. Unlike the other princesses with their fanciful poses, Mulan's arms looked like they were tied down in a straight jacket. I also prefer Mulan's tough girl personality more than this dainty princess image so I opened the box up and put Shang's clothes on her. This is the result =)
UN4fjSx.jpg

Ugh, I HATE the Disney Store. I just received my preorder and 3 out of the 5 slipcovers are damaged. Tiana's has a hole right in the middle of it, Mulan's has a huge discolored stain on the front, and the corner of Aurora's is bent. The outside boxes were in fine condition and undamaged so this came from the DS. It also looks like Pocahontas's foot may be broken but I don't want to open the box to check for sure. DS is telling me I have to send the entire set back and they will send me another set. So sick of this hassle. I waited so long for these dolls, paid a lot of money, and now I have to send them back, wait again, and who knows what I will get next time. I am thoroughly disgusted. Wondering if I should just suck it up about the slipcovers because the dolls are in half decent condition, but after that much money I really don't want any part of the set damaged.

The stars were aligned as my in-laws were in town so both my husband and I were off work. My mother in law was the first name called and we stayed around to see if anyone else would be. My father in law was the second to last and we passed as I only wanted one. There were maybe a half dozen people that did not get one at most, there were 14 dolls and most people were in groups but only wanted one doll set. This was the only one I wanted of all the limited edition ones.

I was planning on buying Briar Rose/Prince Phillip online tonight since I was at work today but I called my local Disney store after work and they still had a few left - so I ran over there to get one. I was surprised they still had some left as the store closest to me is in a popular area but I'm glad it worked out and now I don't have to get up at 3:00am to buy online.

I just noticed that Briar Rose has a little piece of hair (one string) going into her eyelash....not sure if it's worth opening the box to fix...but if I did decide to, how on earth do you open these boxes? Stupid question, I know.

Their are two tabs on the bottom of the case. Think you just press both in and gently slide the case up. Very easy to do once you have done it and then just slide it back down carefully.

I just checked it out again, the only way you can tell is if you hold it up to your face...on a shelf, you can't see the hair - I think i'm safer just leaving it - I feel like the clips are going to snap off if I press on them - with my luck they would.

Husband went with me for Cinderalla/Charming and Briar Rose/Philip.

My store had SIX Cinderellas, then I found out today that they had received another FOUR the following week. HUH? It didn't matter because I got it online that night.

Today, they had TEN Briar Roses. I got called second! Husband got called, too!!!! There was a guy who drove 40 miles to get one to surprise his wife. I told Husband to get in the pay line, tapped that guy on the shoulder and told him he could have our second one. He was a collector, who better to get the "spare"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back