• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2016 Pin Releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 Pin Releases
I should be at DLR at the end of January so I can help with pickups if anyone wants anything :)

BELLE AND BEAST!!!! Two pins this year. Yay. I hope one comes out in April. Thats when I'm planning to take my trip. I'm still confused about the heroes and villians though.Belle and Beast are a couple? Still, a great pin for my collection.

Last edited:
lynn99 got pictures of the duets pins at the GenEARation D event last year:

20150911_114537.jpg
Those pins look amazing. I'm going to have to get them all to frame together!

Love the duet pins. But if they're all heroes/villains why the beast and not Gaston?
Good question! But I'm more bothered by the fact that these pins look like each character is kissing a villain's nose. They look weird to me.

Why do they have to have 3000-5000 of almost every pin on the flyer???

Probably because people complain about lower editions so much and how they missed their chance at getting the pins.
Same reason the Designer collection at D23 this year was so high. Disney would rather make more direct customers happy and hear less complaints from the people who missed out than hear complains from people crying that the edition sizes are too low and they lose their resale value.

lynn99 got pictures of the duets pins at the GenEARation D event last year:

20150911_114537.jpg

I remember seeing these! This series is definitely one I'll be after.

i really want the two sleeping beauty pins. the character block and the hot air balloon. To bad i can't drive right now.

DHSS January Releases!! Said the flyer was released at the Star Wars Pin Event.
Pic credit to Patrick Dominguez from Pin Facebook group
image_zpsvw4f1cib.jpeg

I'll actually be in So Cal for the hot air balloon release!

Any recommendations on what time to be there to ensure getting the pins?

They'll release the official rules, including cutoff time, within the week of release. Usually the cutoff time is 1 to 1.5 hours before the posted time on the flyer. Since they do these release by random number drawing, you can show up at 2 am or 4 am and still have the same chance of getting a good number. There's no "ensuring" that you get a number, though; it's all based on the luck of the draw.

Lots of really great pins coming out! I wish I could have them all, but I'm going to be strong and limit myself.

But that means I want the HK Anniversary Monsters 8!c pin, coming out January 9!!!!

And I'm thinking that Pixar Collection may get a Boo later in the year? If my pin purchases next year are only FIVE pins, I'd actually be kinda thrilled.

And our vacation to WDW/Universal was terrific!

^ Some really nice ones! Love Mim! The Pongo & Roger pin is nice. I wonder if that will be a series.

Okay, Husband and I might actually be in LA on January 9. Is it really worth our going to Hollywood? Especially when there’s no pins I’m interested in?

We haven’t been to a pin thing in a long time. If we DO go, what are the rules? I’ve read they tend to change a bit each time.

Okay, Husband and I might actually be in LA on January 9. Is it really worth our going to Hollywood? Especially when there’s no pins I’m interested in?

We haven’t been to a pin thing in a long time. If we DO go, what are the rules? I’ve read they tend to change a bit each time.

If you aren't interested in the pins for yourself, are you interested in them as traders? If not, then it might not be worth it to go. These pins seem to have some buzz about them, and it's a Saturday release, which both mean that it will probably be on the busy side compared to other recent releases. However, if crowds don't bother you, you don't mind hanging around Hollywood for a few hours, and depending on which PTDs are available and if you think there might be a surprise release, it still might be of some use to come down and participate.

The official rules will be posted a few days before the release, probably next week Tuesday or Wednesday. But the general process has been that you get into line by a certain cutoff time (usually around an hour before the listed sale time, but the rules will have the official cutoff time) and get a wristband. Then DSF will put a number for each person who comes into a big raffle drum, and numbers will be distributed through the line. The number you get from the drum will be your number for pin purchase. If your number is less than the LE size, you are guaranteed to be able to buy the pins, but you might have to wait awhile for your number to go in and buy.

You don't have to stick around the shop after you get your number, as long as you come back before your number is called (if you miss your number then you forfeit buying the pins during the release). A lot of people go to McDonalds, Starbucks, or Coffee Bean after getting their number.

I'm really looking forward to the Mystery Collection of Mascots . Might there even be two of these sets , one DLR & one WDW , if so I'm going to need them all :)
Also how is the Duets series going to work , if there in the presumably sealed tin how can you check for flaws (Quality control has been going downhill for a while now) before you buy .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back