• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Disney Heroes vs. Villains An Epic Showdown

2021 Disney Heroes vs. Villains An Epic Showdown
I posted above when I started so I actually know exactly! I was 896. So I’m guessing it’s an LE 500 or 750 pin. Do we think everyone was going for epic (LE 750) or no (LE 500)? I estimated above that I had around 300 people to go and it was saying epic was 95% gone. Would that rule out the 750 option?
I don't think you can go by the number you were in line since MANY people had multiple log ons.

Got into the virtual queue, got into the waiting room 708 ahead of me. Got into the registration area and the EPIC packages were all sold out. Signed up for the Legendary package. Some boxed sets I am interested in - maybe.

If anyone who did not get in wants me to try via RSP for something you may want PM me and maybe we can work something out. This would be "at cost" NO mark-up for fellow Pin Collectors. NO GUARANTEES!!

I'm surprised to see so many marvel and star wars pins... A lot of the star wars ones I don't like the designs, not rely sure what demographic they are trying to hit with the enlistment pins. I'm curious if they wine up selling or not. Last year there was no star wars ones, right?

If anyone winds up with the mandalorian mystery box ones but me up haha.

No Star Wars or Marvel last year. Last year's theme was celebrating the previous trade events, and since none of those were Star Wars or Marvel that means none last year either.

I got an email saying that attendees are now able to fill out FIVE RSP lists instead of 3. They said it was due to the extensive catalog, but I am guessing it’s because they didn’t sell as many registrations as they were expecting. As of last night there is a note on the registration page that Epic is sold out but there is still plenty of availability for Legendary.

I got an email saying that attendees are now able to fill out FIVE RSP lists instead of 3. They said it was due to the extensive catalog, but I am guessing it’s because they didn’t sell as many registrations as they were expecting. As of last night there is a note on the registration page that Epic is sold out but there is still plenty of availability for Legendary.
Thanks for posting this info. Very interesting indeed.

Yeah, I don't see how an extensive catalog is addressed by more RSP rounds. So I'm thinking they didn't sell many tickets. Which makes sense to me since there's not much on offer beyond the pins/RSP. I just hope they take this as a clear sign they need to get it back to an in person event next year.

Could definitely be number of items versus number of attendees.

2019 - 29 Catalog items
2020 - 35 Catalog items
2021 - 53 Catalog items

BUT - you CAN list everything on your first RSP and get everything that doesn't sell out before the process gets to your list. (Can we say "encouraging multiples for reselling"?)

However.......
1. Could also be to help the situation of 3 sets of Mystery Pins (like last year) that was a problem to get enough of to complete. I'm sure there were complaints.

Just checked Catalogs 2011 thru 2021 - ONLY 2020 and 2021 have more than 1 Mystery Set (3 each).

2. Pins are shipping BEFORE Event so, RSP is only opportunity to buy.

This has been edited.
**Thanks @nateeter for the Update! :) ** (Should have read FAQ info first)

Last edited:
So FAQ’s state there will be no online store during the event this year, so what you get and are charged for through RSP is it. FAQ’s also state any leftovers will be available at WDW after the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could definitely be number of items versus number of attendees.

2019 - 29 Catalog items
2020 - 35 Catalog items
2021 - 53 Catalog items

BUT - you CAN list everything on your first RSP and get everything that doesn't sell out before the process gets to your list. (Can we say "encouraging multiples for reselling"?)

However.......
1. Could also be to help the situation of 3 sets of Mystery Pins (like last year) that was a problem to get enough of to complete. I'm sure there were complaints.

Just checked Catalogs 2011 thru 2021 - ONLY 2020 and 2021 have more than 1 Mystery Set (3 each).

2. Pins are shipping BEFORE Event so, RSP is only opportunity to buy.

This has been edited.
**Thanks @nateeter for the Update! :) ** (Should have read FAQ info first)

Well I completely missed that the pins were being shipped before the event! That’s the only reason I went back through the FAQ’s. XD

Given the larger edition sizes, I think they intended it to be virtual… or perhaps intended it to be at a bigger venue? I don’t remember recent in person events having so many LE 1000/2000 pins? I think maybe they also got a bit too enthusiastic given how quickly the last 2 events sold out… thinking pin collectors would pay whatever they asked to get whatever they put out?

So, for locals- with such large edition sizes, I have to wonder what the point of registering for the event is if they're just going to drop the pins in the Parks afterwards. I think only a handful of items will be sold out, so if the pins are anyone's primary goal, it would seem smarter to save the $100 and just head over right after.

So, for locals- with such large edition sizes, I have to wonder what the point of registering for the event is if they're just going to drop the pins in the Parks afterwards. I think only a handful of items will be sold out, so if the pins are anyone's primary goal, it would seem smarter to save the $100 and just head over right after.
Excellent points!

I was very surprised with the direction they took for this year's event. Definitely was not expecting the super heroes/super villains theme they were going for. However, looking back, when they announced the theme last year I wondered how were they going to pull this event off and make it different from the 13 Reflections of Evil event... other than having more hero-centric pins to balance out the villains. So the approach they took for this year actually makes a lot of sense given how different it is from Reflections of Evil (which emphasized much more of the classic villains), now that I think about it. Though I see Heroes vs Villains still used a lot of inspiration from Reflections of Evil... like magic mirrors, sidekicks to villains, good vs evil spinners.

Makes me even more curious and anxious to know what next year's theme will be.

I think that they are running out of creative theme ideas for the Pin Events. I use to go to Anime conventions with my daughter and they had focus groups and panel discussions with/for the folks who attended the events. You would get a free pass to some of the events or other rewards for your time (no cash payments).

Disney should try this with the pin community, I am sure that they would get some excellent feedback (and they could take all of the credit for the ideas lol)!!

There's a ton of ideas out there that they haven't tapped into- just sitting here, I've come up with, like, 10.

-World Travelers (a natural, for EPCOT)
-Attractions (could also be called something like "A Day in the Park")
-Space! (think of a Pigs in Space pin!)
-Princesses (we've been waiting for a princess event for EVER)
-Day at the Beach
-Make Mine Music (characters performing/music themed)
-Old Hollywood (or, alternate- a Wandavision-like TV tribute, through the years)
-Play Time (everything from Baseball to Chess to Video Games)
-Topsy-Turvy (everything messed up- characters dressed as each other, or with their sidekicks, etc.)

And that's just off the top of my head. I would hope that they're not out of ideas yet!

General question the action figure series pins, are they meant to be kept in the package like an action figure or Can the pin be removed etc, I don’t understand the pin va the backer etc. Does someone have one of the quarterly releases that might know?

General question the action figure series pins, are they meant to be kept in the package like an action figure or Can the pin be removed etc, I don’t understand the pin va the backer etc. Does someone have one of the quarterly releases that might know?

I think it can be either, just like with real life action figures. They are separate standalone pins within the packaging so if you remove them they still function like regular pins but lose some of the collector value, while keeping them sealed in the package adds a little extra to them and helps them hold collector value.

I personally am going going for the Rescue Rangers set and am planning on keeping them in their packaging. (If it weren't $30 for the set I would consider buying a second to remove the pins for my board, since the backer will take up a bunch of space.)

Out of curiosity I just went into the Disney link to purchase registration for this event. The $99 package is listed as "plenty" available. At this point, since RSP deadline has passed I would think no one else would buy a registration. Here's hopin' the lack of selling out goes some distance to them actually doing an in person event again (and if virtual... (please no!) maybe dropping the price.)

Is it worth it to buy the package to get pins without an RSP? I mean, how do you know what's sold out?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I would assume pretty much everything except for the LE250/300 boxed sets would still be available. People were pretty much getting everything they wanted even into their 5th RSPs, and on top of that in the email with our results it said we can all request three more boxes of Epic Showdown and four more each of the Heads or Tails and Sidekicks mystery boxes which means they had TONS left over. Plus there's going to be lots more coming available soon as people prune their RSP lists and drop pins that either they couldn't resell or were duplicates for friends or for people who didn't understand the RSP process and just signed up for everything.

Not sure how signing up for the event after the RSP works, if you are even able to order pins and if it's a straight order form based on what is left over or a modified type of RSP or what.

Back