• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Pin Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Pin Discussion
So, maybe I'm just odd. XD But I feel like there are an inordinate amount of pins for The Rocketeer. Is it that good or significant a movie? I've never seen it and, really, only know of it because of how many pins seem to pop up for it. XD

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
I think you'd dig it! I think they wanted it to be a bigger hit than it was, but it's kind one of those "cult classics" like TRON. The fans were pretty vocal in the past decade about them ignoring this movie since it's release, so I think that's why we're seeing a lot more for it.

I think you'd dig it! I think they wanted it to be a bigger hit than it was, but it's kind one of those "cult classics" like TRON. The fans were pretty vocal in the past decade about them ignoring this movie since it's release, so I think that's why we're seeing a lot more for it.
I never watched it, but I remember it being advertised on the Disney Channel a lot when I was a kid. When we watched the Marvel movies, I kept thinking Iron Man looks like the Rocketeer.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

New Disney Movie Club Pin

PIN84.png

I never watched it, but I remember it being advertised on the Disney Channel a lot when I was a kid. When we watched the Marvel movies, I kept thinking Iron Man looks like the Rocketeer.
Try Captain America: The First Avenger. ;) Same director. :)

Adored The Rocketeer and was super happy when Joe Johnston was tapped to direct the first Cap film. Just nailed the era both times in different ways.

The Rocketeer was part of the 90's era where super hero/comic book films were still cheese (ahem, The Shadow), but produced some fabulous fromage in the process (Rocketeer and The Phantom in particular).

I ended up getting the park Miss Minutes pin, but that's plenty of her for me lololol. I dunno why they're going ham putting her on everything, I wonder what the fan base's opinion of her is?
Maybe they don't have to pay royalties to Huddleston or Wilson?

Maybe they don't have to pay royalties to Huddleston or Wilson?

You know, you probably hit the nail on the head here. It's just every single pin or bit of merch they're putting out at various retailers has the exact same image of her on it, and I find her so boring that it's like when all the pins use the same uninspired clip art, and I'm like c'mon Merchandising, you can do better...

Thanks for posting. Is it weird to say I like the designs of the frames more than designs of the Princess on the pin? The design is not my aesthetic, but it is a different new look.

Last edited:
We watch a lot of Teen Titans Go! in our house, so I hear Raven, not really, but she’s incredibly versatile. Definitely more Bubbles with Miss Minutes.
My house we are an overall Tara Strong fan. My daughter has a signed Raven photo from her. We are big miss minutes fan. I have gotten most of the merch of her including pins, shirt and the funko pop. We are a bit wacky for her. :)

When anyone finds out what the mystery pins are, would you please post nice pictures here? I need to go save these and upload them to the database (someone is adding Loungefly blind box pins right now and I don't want to interrupt their entries)....

From eBay for identifying the mystery pins in that Artland blind box set. Not useful for database pictures necessarily since not mine.

692ccb19ea4fb5f34fa7f9b62b0a9f1f.jpg

42c93b00974cfc0ee01d665e1b793c93.jpg

Man that stitch is cute

aa4f18b57ca53b92143ded0f1393e7e5.jpg

Free Shipping Today: use code FREESHIP

Last edited:

Launching today: Calling all bounty hunters! Act fast to get this Amazon-exclusive pin set inspired by the second season—only 20,000 were made.

As soon as we saw Baby Yoda steal those cookies, we knew we had to make a pin to commemorate it! A must for collectors, each box is individually numbered.

These pins are made with a metal base and enamel top coat. In addition to the Baby Yoda pin (3.8 x 2 cm), the set includes Moff Gideon (3.5 x 3.5 cm) and Din Djarin (4.2 x 2.2 cm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back