• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2021 Pin Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021 Pin Discussion
The mistake is putting a foot-tall meerkat inside a terrarium! (I think this is a Timon pin I can pass on. I like the concept but not sure if I'm a fan of the execution.)

Aker isn't technically a mistake, since it's been spelled like that within Pooh canon.

Map_of_the_Hundred_Acre_Wood.gif
Now we can get into the mechanics of whether or not that's Disney cannon, since that's from the books! I like it!

Loungefly mystery pins are killing me this year. I am so behind, but fearful to buy because my distribution is never good.

It's time again to play everyone's favorite game: Pin Mistakes Were Made. I'll show you a series of pins released today, and if you can point out the mistake, you get a point. Ready?
Cinco-De-Mayo-2021-Disney-Pin.jpeg

Genie-Glitzy-Gear-Disney-Pin.jpeg

Winnie-the-Pooh-Disney-Dream-Destinations-Pin.jpeg

Timon-Terrarium-Disney-Pin.jpeg

I thought they all had mistakes and I wasn’t seeing them until I saw the acre misspelling

Other than that, I’d like to say the “hidden” Mickeys on the cinco de Mayo pin were all so cute! Love the cactus especially!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loungefly mystery pins are killing me this year. I am so behind, but fearful to buy because my distribution is never good.
We keep up to date on the Loungefly mystery boxes (as you will see on our brand spanking new YouTube Channel - dznycrzyfmly) - we have opened (and some for trade) many of the newest sets coming out. We will be uploading our video on these pins very soon. :) Stay tuned and feel free to like, subscribe, and leave comments for suggestions about how we can improve the quality of your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for watching in advance - and tell your friends!

The mistake is putting a foot-tall meerkat inside a terrarium! (I think this is a Timon pin I can pass on. I like the concept but not sure if I'm a fan of the execution.)

Aker isn't technically a mistake, since it's been spelled like that within Pooh canon.

Map_of_the_Hundred_Acre_Wood.gif
I consider this a complete miss. You can’t have the Disney Pooh character mixed with a Classic Pooh spelling :0(

You know, when I started my bookworm collection it seemed like it would be a unique theme and easy to keep track of.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some of the Alice set with a duplicate and some princess Sidekicks I can post if you want to see. Was going to take pics today to sell some but I could trade or show pics if they are new in terms of this discussion forum.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Daisy is cute, but I can wait until the shop opens up again and get her in person, or if I happen to get lucky in a future online release. It's not worth it to pay as much in shipping and fees as the pin itself and their OE pins are stocked for years.

Do you know of these are OE or limited?
I saw a Facebook post where someone said it was a five-pin set and they are OE. I know of at least one other pin in the series - the Pixar ball. Not sure what the final two are.

(On a side note, while I adore that Disney has embraced Pride in the last few years - say what you will about corporate rainbow-washing, but at the end of the day I feel like a giant corporation like Disney openly supporting Pride will do more good than harm - I look forward to a day down the line where they may add other LGBTQIA+ flags to their Pride lineup as well. As someone who identifies as Aro/Ace, I don't feel like the rainbow flag *quite* fits me. I am super happy for those who it does to get representation, though!)

I saw a Facebook post where someone said it was a five-pin set and they are OE. I know of at least one other pin in the series - the Pixar ball. Not sure what the final two are.

(On a side note, while I adore that Disney has embraced Pride in the last few years - say what you will about corporate rainbow-washing, but at the end of the day I feel like a giant corporation like Disney openly supporting Pride will do more good than harm - I look forward to a day down the line where they may add other LGBTQIA+ flags to their Pride lineup as well. As someone who identifies as Aro/Ace, I don't feel like the rainbow flag *quite* fits me. I am super happy for those who it does to get representation, though!)
I complain every year about corporations rainbow-washing and I still buy all the rainbow merchandise I see without fail. Its taking all I have not to buy the new rainbow loungefly backpack.
giphy.gif

Do I understand that the main motivation for giants like Disney, Target, etc. to put out rainbow merch is to cash in on Pride? Yes.
Do I still attend Gay Days at Disney and spend money on rainbow food and merchandise and the like? Yes.

I look at it several ways:

- The more they do it, the more it normalizes it. Regardless of the reason behind it, it still puts Pride into the world in a positive (or at very least neutral) connotation.
- Giant corporations are motivated by what would make them the most money. If they did not think a majority would support it, they would not do it. The fact that they are putting out stuff means society as a whole has shifted enough where they feel like the investment is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back