• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
14'' China Girl Doll

so she is not a original disney store product even though it has a disney store offical stamp and web addresses and head office address on box???

That's right, she is identical to the China Girl doll by Tollytots sold here in the US by Target and Toys R Us. On the bottom of the box of my doll it says manufactured for and distributed by Tollytots, and has the Jakks Pacific logo (Tollytots is a division of Jakks Pacific). It also says (c) Disney. But nowhere does it mention the Disney Store.

The fact that in the boxes for the China Girl dolls being sold by the UK Disney Store, they left the images of the other Oz dolls by Tollytots on the back of the box, but covered them up with blank stickers, is rather sloppy.

As you probably know, Jakks Pacific makes a lot of dolls for Disney, including the Disney Fairies line. Some of them are sold with the Jakks Pacific brand, and some with the Disney Store or Disney Parks brand. But usually the dolls in the different brands have slightly different appearances, and usually the Disney brands are slighty superior in look and quality (at least to my eyes).

I don't know why they couldn't have made the packaging different for the China Girl doll when it is to be sold by the Disney Store, so it wouldn't have the images of those other dolls. Maybe it was cost or time constraints. But it is sure confusing to you guys in the UK.

Last edited:
They also sell the limited edition doll at the actual stores too. I saw one today at my local store in the mall. If I hadn't already got a bunch of stuff earlier this week I would have bought her.

Hi all! I'm new here this is my first Disney Store limited edition doll purchase, really happy to have adopted her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back