• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

5/5/13- New PODM Display! VERY IMAGE HEAVY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/5/13- New PODM Display! VERY IMAGE HEAVY!
I need this!!! OMG, this is how I wish my collection will look one day. A long way there but Im working on it! 4 down ALOT to go.

What lights are behind these? I just started making a frame today but I wasn't planning on having lights even though they look fantastic! Great collection by the way :D

What lights are behind these? I just started making a frame today but I wasn't planning on having lights even though they look fantastic! Great collection by the way :D

They're battery operated LED "fairy lights". You can find them on ebay and amazon. :)

They're battery operated LED "fairy lights". You can find them on ebay and amazon. :)

Thank you :) Sort of like these?
LL-04W~White-LED-Battery-Lights_P1.jpg

Thank you :) Sort of like these?
LL-04W~White-LED-Battery-Lights_P1.jpg

Exactly like those! The first set we bought was a strand of 30 and for our new set we bought a strand of 80. It's hard to find a long bright battery operated strand of lights. Here's a link to the ones we bought in case anyone else is looking for them. (I know ebay links aren't technically allowed but I figured it's not really pin related. But mods if you still feel it's inappropriate please remove it and people can PM me for the link.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22106039466...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Exactly like those! The first set we bought was a strand of 30 and for our new set we bought a strand of 80. It's hard to find a long bright battery operated strand of lights. Here's a link to the ones we bought in case anyone else is looking for them. (I know ebay links aren't technically allowed but I figured it's not really pin related. But mods if you still feel it's inappropriate please remove it and people can PM me for the link.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22106039466...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thank you so much for the link! So is it best for me to buy 80? I have a frame similar to yours with enough space for all 24 PODMs (If I ever get them :rofl:) so would I need less lights, or is 80 about the right number? Sorry for all these questions and thank you so much for your help :)

That's super pretty. I'd love to do something similar with our podm eventually but I'm pretty sure me and my boyfriend would fight over what scenes to frame since mine are sentimental and his are more of the popular scenes.

Thank you so much for the link! So is it best for me to buy 80? I have a frame similar to yours with enough space for all 24 PODMs (If I ever get them :rofl:) so would I need less lights, or is 80 about the right number? Sorry for all these questions and thank you so much for your help :)

I wanted to make sure that it was bright enough behind the scenes that you could see them clearly without squinting. I have 3 lights behind each cel which left 8 lights left over. So the darker scenes and/or our favorite scenes have 4 lights behind them.

That's super pretty. I'd love to do something similar with our podm eventually but I'm pretty sure me and my boyfriend would fight over what scenes to frame since mine are sentimental and his are more of the popular scenes.

We started with that problem, but then decided that if it was "my movie" that I like/collect then I get to choose the scene. If it was his movie, he gets to choose the scene. The mutual ones we just went with whatever the "best scene" was or the ones that we liked the most.

so informative. if anyone is just reading this last page, go back and read everything. we all learn from eachother and i do agree these cell pins are special and fragile and do be super stingy with sunlight and heat....LED/cool lights will protect the life of these much much better. So you used a baeball display case?? interesting. i was (shen i move) gonna try to makea case for mine custom so it could go on a shelf or ledge...who knows, but this helped alot. So you have 3 lites behind each pin, did you tape then along the back so they dont move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back