• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A Christmas Surprise from MyBabyKelly!

ZAPPED! A Christmas Surprise from MyBabyKelly!

GroguFan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
It's been that very cheery (if absolutely frigid) time of year when fun surprise packages arrive in the mailbox. Well, this one had quite an adventure, really.
@mybabykelly sent us a message with tracking to tell us that a package was on its way . . . hoping to arrive on Christmas Eve. We've been under this giant winter storm with winds over 50mph and temps below minus 30 degrees. This hit on the 23rd and only started to get back up into single-digit temps above zero yesterday.
Because of all this, Mom had called to have our mail held until today. Of course, Michael didn't know that. Since I knew, though, I did not check that tracking number -- assuming it would be held. He sent a message saying it had scanned arrived and would we be opening it on Christmas Eve or Christmas? I wrote him back and said that we'd had our mail held (me assuming that the scan he saw was the local PO holding the box) and would be getting the box today. Well, that sat in the back of my mind. It was Christmas Eve, and the weather was AWFUL! But Sis and I had this terrible feeling that the box was sitting out there in the mailbox. Sis suited up in everything she could and ran out there. Wouldn't you know it . . . the mail was sitting in there! We let the little box come to room temperature for a few hours, and then we decided that we should just open it. It was about ten o'clock on Christmas Eve night (we were up late drying sheets, because we had a small pipe problem that leaked in the bathroom), and we found all these wonderful things in there!

i.php

That Mickey and Minnie Disneyland postcard was a special note to Santa asking that this box make it to us on time. Obviously, he went above and beyond to deliver, because it made it in perfect condition in the middle of a HUGE winter storm!!

There were fabulous mystery packs in there. We'd never seen Disney Doorables before, so we had a blast. And one was Dug!!! And another was a mini frog!!! We were thrilled. Sis kept Dug right away, and I have an American Girl doll with a mini frog collection. I think Sis will now be on the hunt for little Kevin.

20221227105919-f2d27476-la.jpg

20221227105920-475a6372-la.jpg

20221227105922-0ae0d26a-la.jpg

The stickers, postcards and little notes were lovely. Sis and I are thrilled with all the cheer!!
And the pins . . . as always, perfect surprises. I have to say, the 2022 Minnie pin was like AMAZING! I had just been sitting here thinking about it a few days ago, because I've gotten the Minnie year pin every year since we started actually trading pins (not just collecting them) in 2017. And this year was the first one where I hadn't been able to get it. I was disappointed about that. And here was that pin!!! Thank you SO much!!!

20221227105924-d119e7f0-la.jpg

So, this was an amazing cheery package that arrived on the perfect day for the perfect moment, even in the middle of a storm.
Hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas!

20221227105915-75be4fc8-la.jpg

20221227105917-59238bbb-la.jpg

Back