• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A Fairy Tail of a Pin Haul (post those pins)

A Fairy Tail of a Pin Haul (post those pins)
I kind of wish I had done some boards now...it looks like HKDL ponied up a bunch of Duffy and friends pins for them.

In the....12 years?...I've been doing the events, though, the boards have NEVER produced a good pull for me, so I eventually just gave up. An hour each time is a lot of time to waste for blah pins.

I kind of wish I had done some boards now...it looks like HKDL ponied up a bunch of Duffy and friends pins for them.

In the....12 years?...I've been doing the events, though, the boards have NEVER produced a good pull for me, so I eventually just gave up. An hour each time is a lot of time to waste for blah pins.
I totally agree. I dislike the length of the trading lines.

The lines are always kinda hit or miss for me. Sometimes I get really nice ones, sometimes it’s something non-exciting but at least real, aaaaand sometimes it is questionable hidden mickeys.

They felt really long this year though.

There’s one line with 3 boards so it seems to be marginally faster (avg 1 hr 20 min). The single board lines are closer to 2, and the game lines are shortest at like 1 hr ish.

I’ve had boards refresh right after me and right before me! It’s exciting until you see that the pins still suck.

Will post pics later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing the board pulls, maybe it's good I didn't go. I would probably have started three new collections.

Super excited about the black and white/shorts hidden mickeys. Hoping there are bunch out when I go for food and wine.

There’s one line with 3 boards so it seems to be marginally faster (avg 1 hr 20 min). The single board lines are closer to 2, and the game lines are shortest at like 1 hr ish.

I’ve had boards refresh right after me and right before me! It’s exciting until you see that the pins still suck.

Will post pics later!

2 hours! Wow! I love seeing all the trades, but 2 hours... I will just focus on that to make myself feel better about not going.

Last year the game lines sometimes were 20 minutes and the board lines were just over 1 hour. Seems like Disney adds more attendees but keep the number of lines the same?

Will post pics later!

This was my experience as well. I mostly stuck to the boxes, which averaged about 50 minutes.

Used 9 tabs today and got:
9e38b041bab55c503a3849e357839c27.jpg

Didn’t do as well on the AP’s this time... only the top 4. But I’m only missing one of the new Hidden Mickey Shorts (two guns), and ended up with an extra Steamboat Willie to trade for it hopefully.

Had some trades that marked off big wants for me and my best-pin-pal. Including an at-event zap from the amazing @Ajk who found and gave us the elusive Oliver Guitar.
2ffe5cac6b5f7234a7ea091c2522c3a5.jpg

Y’all, this group has the absolute best people! <exhausted happy tears>

Used 9 tabs today and got:
9e38b041bab55c503a3849e357839c27.jpg

Didn’t do as well on the AP’s this time... only the top 4. But I’m only missing one of the new Hidden Mickey Shorts (two guns), and ended up with an extra Steamboat Willie to trade for it hopefully.

Had some trades that marked off big wants for me and my best-pin-pal. Including an at-event zap from the amazing @Ajk who found and gave us the elusive Oliver Guitar.
2ffe5cac6b5f7234a7ea091c2522c3a5.jpg

Y’all, this group has the absolute best people! <exhausted happy tears>

Looks like you got some pins that match. The summer set looks cute. Congrats on the pretty Belle.

I was very happy with my day. Not as epic as yesterday, but still pretty awesome by my standards.

Here are my trades. Managed to finish off a couple of older HM sets and make good progress on others. And thanks to @slbrabham for continuing to help me on the storybooks (just five more to go!) and @watzshakinbacon for ZAPing me the most appropriate pin ever (guess which one!)

0d5d02294e98f599a8412267394b2cb6.jpg

and here are my regular board pulls. Top two rows are AP. Would love to trade for the ghost park pack I still need. Also, I have two of middle aged Carl and Ellie now so would love to trade for one of those I need.

612cbe258dbcb64ccc290a7d8e3edc54.jpg

And finally BiS board. Tip row is AP. Definitely a step down from yesterday for my pulls, but I really like the crest series, so I’m happy. (But bottom row will be up for trade.)

4823ae294d900d32c96f385800ec02e3.jpg

Love the Alice window and the Coco puzzle and fairies pins are awesome!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ajk
I was very happy with my day. Not as epic as yesterday, but still pretty awesome by my standards.

Here are my trades. Managed to finish off a couple of older HM sets and make good progress on others. And thanks to @slbrabham for continuing to help me on the storybooks (just five more to go!) and @watzshakinbacon for ZAPing me the most appropriate pin ever (guess which one!)

0d5d02294e98f599a8412267394b2cb6.jpg

and here are my regular board pulls. Top two rows are AP. Would love to trade for the ghost park pack I still need. Also, I have two of middle aged Carl and Ellie now so would love to trade for one of those I need.

612cbe258dbcb64ccc290a7d8e3edc54.jpg

And finally BiS board. Tip row is AP. Definitely a step down from yesterday for my pulls, but I really like the crest series, so I’m happy. (But bottom row will be up for trade.)

4823ae294d900d32c96f385800ec02e3.jpg

Great pins. You had real good luck at the boards. The crest pins are nice.

I wish I knew you were looking for the HM Park Pack pin when we traded earlier. I pulled it from s board. If you don’t trade for it while here, we can work out a trade for it.

Great pins. You had real good luck at the boards. The crest pins are nice.

I wish I knew you were looking for the HM Park Pack pin when we traded earlier. I pulled it from s board. If you don’t trade for it while here, we can work out a trade for it.
Thanks and Ugh. :D Next year you have to join the great GroupMe that @carinasthingamabobs set up.:D

Last edited:
Very solid trading day. Keeping the Sorcerer trend going! But I also snagged the Jafar Card (which I had forgotten dropped! Whoo!) Thank you so much @Vixy anf @wdwaurora and @chubs191 for all the great trades. :D

b199a6876fdbcfe44ccd81baae21793f.jpg

And my board pulls were pretty good too!

0d6df77277e27f88805993d6935f5942.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Oh the Jafar card also loving all the HMs!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I believe it's a pre-production of an unreleased pin. I saw someone else with the Ariel/Eric scene.

Anyway, this is my haul from last night! My Aristocats collection is growing so much!
hIjAAOR_d.jpg

And then we have my total haul for today. I'll include a pic of my board pulls (all AP except for Hong Kong) underneath so you can see what I got on the boards!
mlvs1uh_d.jpg

I almost cried when the trader (whose name I didn't grab!) traded me the Aristocats WDI. I've been after it since it came out but most everyone I've come across with it at the past few events was very rude to me when I asked them to look at my one (equivalent value) WDI pin just to see if they would be willing to trade. Like you don't gotta trade if you don't want to, but I'm sick of people turning their noses up just because I and others can't afford more than one WDI. So thank you thank you thank you to the girl who traded me it and the DSFs/Cookie spinner!

This Donald did not make it in the shot for some reason. Even though I retook the pic four times because I kept missing some.
IS6u4vL_d.jpg

And a better look at all of the pins that were my board pulls!
ywctbDT_d.jpg

Thank you SO much to all the traders today! First day of my first pin event has been a blast and I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. And if you see something you like and got Oswald pins, come find me tomorrow! (;
I am interested in those two Mickeys from your board pulls. Are you trading them?

This was a great event! Y'all I had so much fun and can't wait to do this again next year. I knocked a lot of pins off the wants list and even a pin book I had been wanting (and needing for next week's trip). I would like to thank @jaac98 for zapping me the last Winnie the Pooh HM I needed. @timeerkat for the trading my heavy board traders for her light ones, zapping the bowler hat villaintine, and the von Drake HM. @Kiragigi and her sister are wonderful traders who saved the DLRP World BFF pin! @merlin_emrys and I did wonderful trades! @watzshakinbacon saved my behind by being a go between to get rid of my last super jumbo pin in my trade book (never again will I buy jumbos to trade). It was so absolutely fantastic seeing everyone at the event again this year and meeting some new faces as well! Thanks for the great company!
28e780fc383be11df9a71b93daa1c495.jpg
eb9e61bf394166029f14a0b639169b8f.jpg
1c2b6deb6b7cfe8cd2dca92a2ea4f565.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

After a very long day standing in very long lines, here’s my haul:

Theses are my trades, including a great one with @Blacksmoke.

2fa29230241dbc309934805cc7748526.jpg

These are what I got off the regular boards. I had the extra tabs and just managed to fit them in. The top rows are AP/PP.

2b0a105388c6fa5dbefe26d92f2a8875.jpg

And these are from the BiS board. Top ones are PP.

6021101ad12d258d16579c230fff19cd.jpg

So Amazing. Wonderful haul. Soo many pins from the boards. Love the Alice pins. How many times are you able to go to the boards, etc?

My BiS pins from Friday

2c402630d26107b54d10305e641b7d32.jpg

My BiS pins from Saturday
5e1ebacef4d60fa16323db6ba201bf75.jpg

There were many complaints. They seemed to have run out of pins to put on the Best in Show board, so they culled pins from the regular boards to add to that board. At some point, there were even Hidden Mickeys on the BiS board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours! Wow! I love seeing all the trades, but 2 hours... I will just focus on that to make myself feel better about not going.

Last year the game lines sometimes were 20 minutes and the board lines were just over 1 hour. Seems like Disney adds more attendees but keep the number of lines the same?

The trading lines were longer this year because there were more tabs. For the first time, people had the chance to trade 6 times per day, so that means more people are in line throughout the day. I don't think attendance was increased (the welcome pin is the same le as last year), I think it's because of the increased number of times people can go to the lines.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Back