• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A Fairy Tail of a Pin Haul (post those pins)

A Fairy Tail of a Pin Haul (post those pins)
Here is my haul from yesterday.

Boards
02a4a08bfa8af9fa1433c37c12309b9d.jpg

The top two lines are AP with the top row being limited edition.

Line Trades
3cd38add0bcdeecb2a06da19932fa51d.jpg

Trades with DPF members.
0f6c5deb39cf7b8a91a63bb4fb0abc72.jpg

Thank you @swscref and @Fins4pins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooh are you trading the Rapunzel fan pin?

That's not exactly what we were told. We were told they had enough partners pins for everyone, but the caliber of pins each partner sent was lacking for all but maybe WDI, but they only sent a few. So, Paris sent over a couple LE PTN pins, but the rest were OE rack pins. And DSSH only sent leftovers. DEC even ended up contributing to the board, but they were the clearance pins.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I was maybe 8th in line on the Saturday opening BIS line and was not able to even find anything that caught my attention. A lot of people were not happy campers and I asked for a manager. He thanked me for bringing it to is attention. He refreshed the board after my first pick on Saturday after several others pointed out the lack of quality pins. I was told by the manager that many of the partner groups did not come through as expected. Did anyone pick a Tokyo Disney pin off the board? In my haste I may have missed them. I may have hurt the picks later in the day....Sorry.

I was maybe 8th in line on the Saturday opening BIS line and was not able to even find anything that caught my attention. A lot of people were not happy campers and I asked for a manager. He thanked me for bringing it to is attention. He refreshed the board after my first pick on Saturday after several others pointed out the lack of quality pins. I was told by the manager that many of the partner groups did not come through as expected. Did anyone pick a Tokyo Disney pin off the board? In my haste I may have missed them. I may have hurt the picks later in the day....Sorry.

Didn't see any Tokyo pins my two times on the board. Saturday was rough for sure on the BiS board. Vicki picked up some nice WDI ones both times, tho.

Okay, so I heard 3rd hand, that another problem with the BIS boards was that the percentage of tabs redeemed was much higher than the normal boards. Shockingly, people would stand in line (were they shorter?) for the chance at better pins.

Anybody else hear that?

Okay, so I heard 3rd hand, that another problem with the BIS boards was that the percentage of tabs redeemed was much higher than the normal boards. Shockingly, people would stand in line (were they shorter?) for the chance at better pins.

Anybody else hear that?
The BiS line, as far as I could tell, was never very long.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Anybody else hear that?
So they were thinking people wouldn't turn in their 2 tabs a day? I have to say, that's pretty poor thinking.
A) The opportunity to get different pins was one of the huge attraction,
B) There were only two tabs so less of a commitment. If normally only 50% of the tabs were used, well, that's two tabs. So if I'm one of those 50% people, I'm using my two BiS tabs. and
C) Yes, the line at the board was way shorter. But of course it would be with only 100 people eligible to use it.
I'm a bit shocked if they didn't count on having 800 pins pulled from the board.

Considering the things Disney continues to be shocked by, I don't count on them modeling pin line behavior very well. So yeah, "short lines, theoretically better pins," you would think they should count on full boards. The same person said they were told something like only 30% of tabs for the normal lines get redeemed. So you can see Disney-think, "if we plan for 45-50% redemption, we're good."

Well, maybe the've learned and next year they will be super full boards with nothing but amazing pins. :D

Well, maybe the've learned and next year they will be super full boards with nothing but amazing pins. :D

They will have learned "premium" packages sell, so next year they will sell 300 of them. The lines will be longer and people will complain about that, and then skip using their tabs.

:eek:;):rolleyes:

They will have learned "premium" packages sell, so next year they will sell 300 of them. The lines will be longer and people will complain about that, and then skip using their tabs.

:eek:;):rolleyes:
Sounds probable....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

this was my first pin event. I went with my daughter and we had the furry friends entry (no best in show).

We purchased one set of extra tabs so we each had 5 tabs per day (2 pins per trade per board) that we could use for a grand total of 4o pins between both of us. We spent a lot of time waiting in lines and of the 10 trades we each made, 8 were at boards and 2 were at boxes.

We just went through all of our pins and of the 40 we traded for, we have 27 APs. The other 13 pins are not shabby either. Overall, I would say it was a lot of fun. I found the boards (and boxes) to have a great selection. I learned a lot and look forward to next year.

I just realized that I never posted what I traded for during the Thursday pick up day.
4aff02d85feea3817495f66321db492c.jpg

I realized that I only traded with one person on Thursday who was not a DPF member or a family member. I made so many great trades with members in this forum through great pre-trades.

I want to thank @timeerkat @nateeter and her MIL & mom, @TiggerSue @Ajk @ddgbaldwin

I already posted the amazing pre-trades from @swscref and @Fins4pins.

Thank you everyone who traded with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Whoo, boy. Here we go.

Thursday

Thursday was a blur. My friend's and my flight left LA at 10:45 the night before, and we hit the ground running on Thursday, so I didn't really have much energy besides interacting with people who came up to me at my table. But here is what I pre-traded/purchased/traded for at the tables on Thursday:

IMG-7271.jpg

Thanks to @MerlinEmrys for the pickup/trades (Rescue Rangers console, Mickey/Minnie Cinderella, and Lion King mystery box pins), @slbrabham (Simba/Nala White Glove, Jake, Prince John, and Chip and Dale fishing) and @TiggerSue (Lion King 8-Bit HMs) for the pretrades, and @Kiragigi for the in-person trade (Paris Timon)! I honestly can't remember who I got the O&Co vinyl from... Li'l Pudge was a trade with a non-DPF attendee. And I got two Fairy Tails mystery boxes from another attendee and traded some older pins for some more mystery box pins from someone else (can't remember right now who but I think she may have been a DPFer?); the mystery pins above were the ones I was left over with at the end of the weekend of trading them around.

And I got some zaps!

IMG-7272.jpg

The Timon Oops A Daisy was from slbrabham, the Daisy was from @Ajk , and the Hawkeye was from a non-DPF friend of a friend.

After the Thursday trading I went with my friend and Ajk to have dinner at Disney Springs, and we stopped by Amorette's Patisserie so I could get one of their Simba cakes! It was really good but SO SWEET it took me four days to finish eating through it all.

IMG-7173.jpg

Friday

IMG-7274.jpg

These are my board pulls for Friday, minus a Duke Caboom AP pin I gave to my friend before I took the photo. The top row is all APs from normal (non-Best in Show) board pulls - three LE Robins including two from the Medieval Magic boxed set, a Forky OE, and a Sorcerer Mickey from the Fantasia park pack.

The four pins in the bottom left are my Best in Show board pulls. The Mim Fox is an AP; the DSF BB-8 and the Inside Out Paris pins are not APs as far as I can tell (gonna go over them again really carefully, though, in case they have a tiny AP mark that I missed), and the three pins in the bottom right are just normal pins that I pulled hoping for APs.

I also pulled this guy (AP) but traded him to someone in line.

IMG-7240.jpg

And here are the guest-to-guest trades I made for the day:

IMG-7273.jpg

Tiger Mim is an AP that was pulled off the Best in Show board. With the Mufasa, I was down to just Scar left to finish that set.

And also, I FNALLY got to meet BOLT!

IMG-7248.jpg

Saturday

IMG-7275.jpg

Board pulls. Again, the top row is all APs. Minnie I got because my original board pull was damaged, so I got to take it up to the registration area and switch it out for something off a small board they had there. The middle row is all normal stuff, pulled since there was nothing really eye-catching left by that point, though I did need the Ed pawprint to finally complete that set so I was happy to pull him. @Jabberwocky - I pulled the Queen hoping she was AP but she was just normal. :p The bottom row are my pulls from Best in Show - all APs! I was shocked to see Pintiquities pins on the board. I also got an AP Belle/Vanellope pin from the mystery box set, but I traded it to my friend who pulled two AP Vanellope/Merida from the set (I got the Merida pin from her after I took this photo).

And guest-to-guest stuff:

IMG-7276.jpg

O&Co was from a trade with Merlin, and the other four on top are all trades with random line people (all AP except for Scar, who completes that set!). The bottom two pins are both AP and were zaps - one from a friend of my friend and the other from one of the people in line I was chatting/trading with.

Sunday

IMG-7280.jpg

I went to the ancillary trade event at Holiday Inn and didn't have much luck, though I was happy to find that AP Friar Tuck/Alan-A-Dale pin from the Medieval Magic boxed set. Now just need to find Robin himself to finish the set in AP form! The other two on the top row - Judy is AP and Gadget is PP! I think she might be the first PP pin I own. Otherwise I struck out on finding anything I was looking for. :p

Overall, nothing I pulled was super EXCEPTIONAL, but I am happy with the majority of what I pulled. Tons of APs (including Robin Hood, Inside Out, Zootopia, and Lion King for my own collections), and the non-AP stuff was at least all legit and in good condition aside from the broken one I had to switch out. And managed to find a few pins I needed to finish out sets.

Oh yeah, and I got my waffle sandwich in Magic Kingdom on Wednesday. :3

IMG-7518.jpg

Thursday

Thursday was a blur. My friend's and my flight left LA at 10:45 the night before, and we hit the ground running on Thursday, so I didn't really have much energy besides interacting with people who came up to me at my table. But here is what I pre-traded/purchased/traded for at the tables on Thursday:

IMG-7271.jpg

Thanks to @MerlinEmrys for the pickup/trades (Rescue Rangers console, Mickey/Minnie Cinderella, and Lion King mystery box pins), @slbrabham (Simba/Nala White Glove, Jake, Prince John, and Chip and Dale fishing) and @TiggerSue (Lion King 8-Bit HMs) for the pretrades, and @Kiragigi for the in-person trade (Paris Timon)! I honestly can't remember who I got the O&Co vinyl from... Li'l Pudge was a trade with a non-DPF attendee. And I got two Fairy Tails mystery boxes from another attendee and traded some older pins for some more mystery box pins from someone else (can't remember right now who but I think she may have been a DPFer?); the mystery pins above were the ones I was left over with at the end of the weekend of trading them around.

And I got some zaps!

IMG-7272.jpg

The Timon Oops A Daisy was from slbrabham, the Daisy was from @Ajk , and the Hawkeye was from a non-DPF friend of a friend.

After the Thursday trading I went with my friend and Ajk to have dinner at Disney Springs, and we stopped by Amorette's Patisserie so I could get one of their Simba cakes! It was really good but SO SWEET it took me four days to finish eating through it all.

IMG-7173.jpg

Friday

IMG-7274.jpg

These are my board pulls for Friday, minus a Duke Caboom AP pin I gave to my friend before I took the photo. The top row is all APs from normal (non-Best in Show) board pulls - three LE Robins including two from the Medieval Magic boxed set, a Forky OE, and a Sorcerer Mickey from the Fantasia park pack.

The four pins in the bottom left are my Best in Show board pulls. The Mim Fox is an AP; the DSF BB-8 and the Inside Out Paris pins are not APs as far as I can tell (gonna go over them again really carefully, though, in case they have a tiny AP mark that I missed), and the three pins in the bottom right are just normal pins that I pulled hoping for APs.

IMG-7240.jpg

IMG-7273.jpg

Tiger Mim is an AP that was pulled off the Best in Show board. With the Mufasa, I was down to just Scar left to finish that set.

IMG-7248.jpg

Saturday

IMG-7275.jpg

Board pulls. Again, the top row is all APs. Minnie I got because my original board pull was damaged, so I got to take it up to the registration area and switch it out for something off a small board they had there. The middle row is all normal stuff, pulled since there was nothing really eye-catching left by that point, though I did need the Ed pawprint to finally complete that set so I was happy to pull him. @Jabberwocky - I pulled the Queen hoping she was AP but she was just normal. The bottom row are my pulls from Best in Show - all APs! I was shocked to see Pintiquities pins on the board. I also got an AP Belle/Vanellope pin from the mystery box set, but I traded it to my friend who pulled two AP Vanellope/Merida from the set (I got the Merida pin from her after I took this photo).

IMG-7276.jpg

O&Co was from a trade with Merlin, and the other four on top are all trades with random line people (all AP except for Scar, who completes that set!). The bottom two pins are both AP and were zaps - one from a friend of my friend and the other from one of the people in line I was chatting/trading with.

Sunday

IMG-7280.jpg

I went to the ancillary trade event at Holiday Inn and didn't have much luck, though I was happy to find that AP Friar Tuck/Alan-A-Dale pin from the Medieval Magic boxed set. Now just need to find Robin himself to finish the set in AP form! The other two on the top row - Judy is AP and Gadget is PP! I think she might be the first PP pin I own. Otherwise I struck out on finding anything I was looking for.

Overall, nothing I pulled was super EXCEPTIONAL, but I am happy with the majority of what I pulled. Tons of APs (including Robin Hood, Inside Out, Zootopia, and Lion King for my own collections), and the non-AP stuff was at least all legit and in good condition aside from the broken one I had to switch out. And managed to find a few pins I needed to finish out sets.

IMG-7518.jpg
Great haul! My mouth is watering now because of that waffle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thursday

IMG-7271.jpg

And I got some zaps!

IMG-7272.jpg

IMG-7173.jpg

Friday

IMG-7274.jpg

IMG-7240.jpg

IMG-7273.jpg

IMG-7248.jpg

Saturday

IMG-7275.jpg

Board pulls. Again, the top row is all APs. Minnie I got because my original board pull was damaged, so I got to take it up to the registration area and switch it out for something off a small board they had there. The middle row is all normal stuff, pulled since there was nothing really eye-catching left by that point, though I did need the Ed pawprint to finally complete that set so I was happy to pull him. @Jabberwocky - I pulled the Queen hoping she was AP but she was just normal. :p The bottom row are my pulls from Best in Show - all APs! I was shocked to see Pintiquities pins on the board. I also got an AP Belle/Vanellope pin from the mystery box set, but I traded it to my friend who pulled two AP Vanellope/Merida from the set (I got the Merida pin from her after I took this photo).

IMG-7276.jpg

Sunday

IMG-7280.jpg

I went to the ancillary trade event at Holiday Inn and didn't have much luck, though I was happy to find that AP Friar Tuck/Alan-A-Dale pin from the Medieval Magic boxed set. Now just need to find Robin himself to finish the set in AP form! The other two on the top row - Judy is AP and Gadget is PP! I think she might be the first PP pin I own. Otherwise I struck out on finding anything I was looking for. :p

IMG-7518.jpg
Congrats on all the great pins for your collections you pulled and traded.

Thursday

IMG-7271.jpg

And I got some zaps!

IMG-7272.jpg

IMG-7173.jpg

Friday

IMG-7274.jpg

IMG-7240.jpg

IMG-7273.jpg

IMG-7248.jpg

Saturday

IMG-7275.jpg

IMG-7276.jpg

Sunday

IMG-7280.jpg

IMG-7518.jpg
Wow! I can’t believe how many AP’s you managed to pull - congratulations!

Back