• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A FUN trading day

Status
Not open for further replies.
A FUN trading day

breagirl

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I had to share with you guys what a small world it is in the trading community.

I met Simbanino on our last Disney vacation when my DH ran the 1/2 marathon. They had set up behind us at the tables at Epcot. I later saw on here that he was looking for a grail, so I sent out some trade requests. Sure enough, I got a response and we were able to work out a trade. When this new trader and I exchanged addresses, we realized we lived about 20 minutes from each other. He was super nice and told me I was giving him a much too nice pin for the pin I wanted so he threw in one of my grails (I just love honest traders). Anyway, long story short, we decided to meet and trade in person and we were finally able to do it today.

When we met up, he gave me his business card and sure enough, he is one of my father in laws physicians. He brought some pins and our kids ended up trading 10 more pins. He had the most amazing collection, I got to touch a ton of Stitch disney auction pins I have never seen in person and some of his Haunted Mansion pins were amazing. He's been collecting since 2000 and even shared that his 13 year old won the large door prize at trade city this year: 250 AP pins!!

We also realized we are both traveling to Disneyland for the 1/2 marathon this year, so I think we have officially formed a new friendship. Anyway, it's just so strange how meeting Juan (simbanino) brought all of this together AND I'm so excited to be mailing Juan one of his grails tomorrow :)

Oh, and here's my grail I got today:
Pin 18808: WDW - Scoop Sanderson PTP
it is number 27 which I thought was pretty cool. Here's a neat story he shared about it. He originally traded for it and then ended up trading it in another trade down the line. Recently, he got offered it in trade and when it arrived, it was the original one he had traded (#27). I told him to tell it goodbye as he would never see it again :) So both Juan and I got grails! :)

Thank you so much brea, and i am glad u had fun. :)
can't wait to see what u sending me tomorrow. oh my god, i think i am going to sleep with it the night i get it. :):):):):)

This is exactly what pin trading is about for me, I love reading these kinds of stories after all these years into pins! Such a great way to make friends, which friendships can last for years! :rock:

Hannette

Brea,

That is such a neat story! Did you tell your new friend about DPF? Maybe he will join us and trade with some of us too!

I told him about the forum, but he said he doesn't have time for anything online except pinpics. He did ask me to keep him posted if we get a Nashville trade group going :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back