• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A most amazing wonderful zap! no matter what happens, I am beyond touched

ZAPPED! A most amazing wonderful zap! no matter what happens, I am beyond touched

Jrdnsmom

Active DPF Member
Rating - 98.9%
93   1   0
the other day I saw a thread and was reading through the angry rant and then the comments others posted in reply and of course I added a comment too, but in the posts I saw two members both having things each other wanted yet they had nothing they could trade each other, well I happened to notice I had a pin one of them wanted, so I asked for their address and even added a few others to brighten their day. Well I had no idea they were gonna zap me back! and OMG! it was the most wanted of all wants on my grail siggy! the holiest of holy grails for my Si and Am collection the Jumbo Cats Disney Auctions L.E 100 Si and Am with the paw that says cat on it ( I'm at work I can't post a pic here).

And you know my regular mail delivery lady happened to be off that day, she even said you know I would have just saw your name and known it was you and knocked on your door, but that Saturday she took a day off and a gentleman was working in her place. There was an issue with the address and the deliveryman instead of returning it to sender decided to "guess" where it needed to go! Really!! are you serious! who does that! that is very unprofessional! the delivery man is being dealt with and my regular lady has knocked on every door in search of the missing package and has sent a certified letter to one house who refuses to answer the door, they are doing all they can to try and fix the issue, but in the end when the package is not found the "zapper" will be able to get a refund because the post office screwed up not the sender! but I want to keep their name private, because I don't know if they would want me to post their name.

But here's where I am, I love it! it's not in my hand but I love it! it is a very special gift to me because I have tried numerous times to obtain that pin and failed, and for someone to just give it to me just because! well, I think it is a most special most prized gift I have received (alongside the most amazing Ariel pin bag!!) And I want to thank this person from the bottom of my heart, you truly are amazing and I was so touched by the thought of what you did, it brought a tear to my eye, and I hope who ever out there has that pin cherishes it as much as I would have, they don't know what they have! and not monetary value sentimental value, that was a special gift! from a special DPF member who just wanted to brighten my day! well you did! very much so. Post office is still investigating and we are in contact with each other staying hopful an honest person does the right thing and returns it. But it's lost in my neighborhood so im doubtful, but holding some faith! thank you thank you beyond the moon and stars your gift meant the world to me!

Just look in my siggy to see a pic of the amazing pin 21739 it's so awesome!!!

Last edited:
Awww, that was so nice of them to zap you that awesome pin. You are so kind to have zapped them as well. I'm sorry to hear that the package got into the wrong hands. Hopefully everything works out so you can have that precious gem :hug:

I hope it shows up but if it does not then I will fight for the zapper to at least be compensated for the loss, after all the post office is at fault not the zapper, and since they had an employee who thought...."what the hell"..."I'll just guess" instead of doing the correct thing by sending it back the zapper should 100% be compensated, I am so angry over that postal worker, Why?? I just don't get it?

pin21739

NICE and very well deserved!!

O-M-G!!! You got zapped with the LE 100!?!?!?!?!?!!? Wow!! I've been trying to buy or trade for that one for a year and you got zapped with it!! Holy Kronopolis Mary! Girl, go out and get yourself a lotto ticket cuz it's your lucky day! :rofl: But really, wow! What an awesome group of peeps and what an awesome zap! Big, huge, ginormous congrats to you!

Wow, congrats! It sounds like you did a really nice thing so of course you were rewarded! That's an awesome zap :) I hope it gets to you soon!

Oh how I love this this pin! Thanks for posting a pic Judy! you rock! Ugh! it's such a great pin! please come home!

It's beautiful in person, too! I called the PO today and opened a case. I'll PM the details. Again, I'm so sorry I mistyped your address. Kicking self repeatedly. :(

This has been a very hard day for me, I have a headache from crying most of the day, I'm exhausted I think that's why I can't control my depression better, it did not help that my post worker friend knocked on my door with sad news, whoever has it is not admitting to having it, and the final house they were trying to get a hold of finally responded, they don't have it. Sigh and heartache. Well I am planning to put a reward sign on all the mail boxes with a pic. And make a phone call to the post office. Now to work on getting a refund to you, you deserve that I will fight for you.

This has been a very hard day for me, I have a headache from crying most of the day, I'm exhausted I think that's why I can't control my depression better, it did not help that my post worker friend knocked on my door with sad news, whoever has it is not admitting to having it, and the final house they were trying to get a hold of finally responded, they don't have it. Sigh and heartache. Well I am planning to put a reward sign on all the mail boxes with a pic. And make a phone call to the post office. Now to work on getting a refund to you, you deserve that I will fight for you.

Janice, I'm so sorry this is making you sadder. Please don't stress about it anymore. This was my fault and I have talked to the PO about reimbursement already. They would only have reimbursed me if I had insured it, which I stupidly didn't do. None of this was your fault and I don't want you to feel bad anymore. I have accepted that the pin is gone and I'm only sorry that it has caused you distress! I'm keeping an eye peeled and if I ever find it again, it's yours. :p

Hey sweetie I just PM'd you! a small win for us, my post office admitted to the negligence of their employee just "guessing" where the package went, to consumer affairs and because of this you are going to get refunded!! so check your PM im taking care of everything! i'll be filing the claim tomorrow as today they are compiling all the infomation and sending it to the person who will ultimatley be sending the refund. At least we have that win. I just had a real sad day yesterday and it was poor timing for my delivery lady to break the bad news she tried everything she could.

Back