• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A Well Needed Zap!

ZAPPED! A Well Needed Zap!

Maryscribbles

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Let me preface this post by saying today was a stinker. As some of you know, I'm in the midst of writing my thesis (food-as-temptation in Alice in Wonderland, Narnia, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and Coraline--a big undertaking), and I have a deadline coming up Friday. Aside from that, everyone I encountered was harsh today, including my students and fellow classmates. It was awful. The day ended in a rant to Merlin about no one caring about me (just in general. It was very dramatic and uncalled for, I'm sure). It was just one of those days.

When I checked my mail and found a package waiting for me, I thought it must be a random pin or so that I ordered. Not so!

I had been zapped!

w4d8A4tl.jpg

6XuP5a4l.jpg

I LOVE Ursula, so the card and Ursula pin made me literally giddy. I also love the flamingo dancer--what an odd, beautiful pin! When I opened the card, my stress immediately melted away.

This really made my not so great day fantastic!

Patti, you made me feel so special and included today, and I thank you! Your card fit me just right, and I love the pins. This was just what I needed! :D

Last edited:
Congratulations! I can imagine that was a big help. I'm at uni and have a big project deadline this Friday that I need to do well in, couple that with family drama and I'm one stressed out bunny myself.
Good luck writing your thesis, and with your deadlines. If you ever get too stressed just look at the pins and the card again, or come on here and I'll happily listen to you rant :)

Congratulations! I can imagine that was a big help. I'm at uni and have a big project deadline this Friday that I need to do well in, couple that with family drama and I'm one stressed out bunny myself.
Good luck writing your thesis, and with your deadlines. If you ever get too stressed just look at the pins and the card again, or come on here and I'll happily listen to you rant :)

Thank you! I definitely have the card hanging up on my pin board and will look at it and remember how happy I was when I'm feeling stressed with school. It's funny how such a little thing as pin collecting--a nice hobby--can be so comforting at times. Good luck on your deadline, also!

Congratulations on your first zap!

P.S. Your thesis sounds really interesting.

I like to think so! :) Hahaha! Hopefully it will be something worthy of the great texts I'm writing on.

And thanks to everyone for the congratulations. It made me feel extraspecial and brightened up my day!

Back