• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

About all these Frozen pins ... [May end up containing SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
About all these Frozen pins ... [May end up containing SPOILERS]

Addicted to Alice Pins

Just here for the DMI codes; y'all have gone cray
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
OK, this has been on my mind for a couple days, and then I saw a comment from PsychoPixie in another thread (which has been echoed by others) and I decided: That's it! I'll be the one to start the riot.

So, I've gone back and forth about collecting Frozen. I was intrigued, then I got discouraged by the pre-release hype, then I saw the movie and realized I love it more than I've loved a Disney movie for, um, ages. So I reconsidered collecting and even toyed with being a completist. Then I started searching out the pins and realized there are a bunch I just don't like (especially not for the amount of $$$). So I've now concluded that I'm going to collect Frozen, but under the same principle I've used with Alice: I'll collect the pins I really like, and no more.

All of which leads me to the point of this post: When can we expect some really *interesting* Frozen pins??? I know the movie's only been out for a week, and Disney probably wants to avoid merch that would amount to spoilers. BUT, looking around, most of the pins are variations on a theme: Anna/Elsa and Olaf. And while the Anna/Elsa pins are not identical poses (like at least three Olaf pins are), they are already looking a bit monotonous to someone who doesn't want to be a completist anyway.

So: a) For you more experienced traders/collectors, how long do you think it will be before the onslaught of different Frozen pins, and b) For people who want to collect Frozen, what's on your wishlist? (NOTE: This thread could end up containing spoilers. If you haven't seen the movie, and don't want to know ANYTHING, please stop reading!)

Here's mine (to start):

• Toddler Elsa and Toddler Anna ~ maybe even a "scene" of them building the original Olaf
• Toddler Kristoff and Baby Sven
• Anna in her Coronation Day outfit (which is SO pretty)
• Anna and Elsa on Coronation Day ~ If we're going to have another back-to-back sister pin, let's change it up at least! Even though Elsa's all buttoned up here, the two of them chatting together is a sweet moment
• Elsa in full Snow Queen regalia ~ I'm talking GLITTER ACCENTS, people! Enough with the enamel snowflakes when you've got all that sparkle to work with!
• Olaf in his "summer fantasy" mode (at least it would be different!). Maybe even a "scene" of the picnic, where Kristoff is holding the giant sandwich and looking totally baffled as to why he's there at all.
• Kristoff ~ More, more, more, period. There's only 1 pin w/him so far, and I personally hate it. His face is a blob.
• Kristoff and ... Someone I won't name for fear of spoilers :p (Although I'm thinking DSF Valentine's Day???)
• Oaken!!!! Preferably waving a bottle of "suntan lotion of his own recipe"

Please join me in my overwrought state ... ;-)

I won't collect Frozen pins but I will seriously throw down for an Oaken pin. Dan and I now yell "HOOHOOO!" at eachother on a daily basis.

I think the most unique pin has been the Elsa surprise. Other than that they're all kind of boring. I would predict some open edition pins by next year sometime.

I think the most unique pin has been the Elsa surprise. Other than that they're all kind of boring. I would predict some open edition pins by next year sometime.

Agreed. But IMO (and I'm just really, really picky), her eyes are too big and it ruins that pin for me. She looks like a character from A Bug's Life. The other 95% of that pin is BEAUTIFUL, but I personally cannot spend $150 or whatever the current value is for a pin that is less than perfect in my eyes. Kudos to everyone who scooped it up at cost!!!

And "boring" is definitely the word I'd use at this point.

I plan to just collect the Frozen that I love too. I love the idea of pins with toddler Anna/Elsa building Olaf and both of them in their coronation outfits. I really loved Elsa's coronation dress too even though it's not her "ice queen" ensemble.

Over time, I'd like to see them doing some seasonal different themes outside of the movie too like the Rapunzel Christmas event at DLP but I realize that'll probably be awhile.

Well normally in the beginning a lot of the pins are going to look the same... Especially US pins. I collect tangled and more than half my collection is basically her in the same 3 poses on different pins. The movie came out in 2010 and only the beginning of this year I believe did they change her from her original brushing hair standard pose to her now common twirling her hair pose. So that was a 3 year gap before we tangled collectors have gotten real variety this year with the new change in pose plus the Maximus UK pin and the very different and amazing rapunzel Christmas pins from Paris....

So frozen only being out a week? You have a long wait ahead of you...

id like to see a bijillion more kristoff pins. He's my new animated crush I love his character so much!!!!
I'd love to see a coronation dress pin of either of the girls or both.
I want a cut out of each character...even Olaf but in a different pose.
I want a marshmallow pin!!!!!!!
anna and Elsa as kids building the snowman ( kinda like the UK patf child pin I adore)
Sven and kristoff with their sleigh.
Kristoff with the trolls!!!!!!
hans pin please!
anna with her man pin!!!!!!
summer Olaf pin
Elsa with her ice castle.
Baby kristoff and Sven with the ice cubes.
Olaf and Sven pin.

**SPOILER**
Anna with all white hair or in ice form.

Yeah.... I have a lot of ideas. :3

I was the same way!! I was trying to avoid all the hype before the movie came out. It actually didnt make sense to me that ppl were buying all this stuff without seeing the movie. I felt I should because what IF I loved it and then I missed out, like I did on the LE dolls :(

Then I saw it this weekend at DTD and am in LOVE. going to see it again, and now want to collect everything. Bummed I missed out on the LE dolls.

Olaf and Sven pin.

**SPOILER**
Anna with all white hair or in ice form.

Oooh, I forgot these! Good choices!!!!

As for the rest of your post ... Yeah, I know we won't be getting a bajillion pins in the next week or so, but three years?!? Then again, if I start saving NOW, maybe I can afford any new LE pins that come out in 2016. :p

I was the same way!! I was trying to avoid all the hype before the movie came out. It actually didnt make sense to me that ppl were buying all this stuff without seeing the movie. I felt I should because what IF I loved it and then I missed out, like I did on the LE dolls :(

Then I saw it this weekend at DTD and am in LOVE. going to see it again, and now want to collect everything. Bummed I missed out on the LE dolls.

Yes, I kept thinking, "What if you folks HATE the movie and don't want this merch later?!?" But then you just end up like Rasputin, with a TON of really awesome traders that you know everyone else will offer a kidney for! ;-) I've seen Frozen twice so far and plan to go again. The second time, you start to pick up on facial expressions and other visual cues that you don't catch the first time. And on second viewing, I started blubbing as soon as "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" started.

I would love to see Anna and Kristoff couple pin AND Anna and Hans couple pin! Also, young Anna with her parents and the trolls!!

I would love to see Anna and Kristoff couple pin AND Anna and Hans couple pin! Also, young Anna with her parents and the trolls!!

Strangely, I too wouldn't mind an Anna and Hans pin, especially if it was a really good "scene" or "pose" (not just them together, which would be gross). Maybe impersonating the clockworks or something ...

Another "scene" that I forgot, now that you mention it, would be Anna and Kristoff in their troll-induced get-ups. Funny stuff!

hahaha, omg, YES, in those green earthy outfits!! only if the green part is that iridescent look like on Giselle's BT dress.

oh... an "i wish" frozen pin thread! excellent!!!!!!

*ponders for a bit*

One of Anna riding the horse through the snow....
One of Hans and anna in the boat, with the horse holding it up. (Spoiler of sorts, but not really)

I want one of Anna with her dress all frozen and smushed from after she falls in to the water. "cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold, cold"

this: would be a neat pin.

235524324201691204_1383167014.jpg

For future releases, I'd love to see a bunch of ptds. Does anyone think that it'd be possible to get a two character one like the recent PatF one? A ptd with young Anna and Elsa would be super cute. Or a holiday one with the two of them as children, like the upcoming Vanellope one! On an unrelated note, I'm so glad that Vanellope is on so many new soda fountain releases, I loved WiR.

Forgot to mention- I'd also LOVE a pin of just Elsa's Ice Palace. That's been my dream pin since before the movie came out.

Forgot to mention- I'd also LOVE a pin of just Elsa's Ice Palace. That's been my dream pin since before the movie came out.

Oooh, make THAT in stained glass or something and it would be AWESOME! (Even just "plain" it would be beautiful.) Also love your idea of a young Anna and Elsa PTD!

I'd love a pin where Olaf is jumping and his feet are to the side a bit with a big smile on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back