• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Adopt-A-Newbie // AAN February 2013

ZAPPED! Adopt-A-Newbie // AAN February 2013

Milky

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Welcome to Adopt-A-Newbie
FOR February 2013

Would you like to help new members out by jump starting their pin trading? Do you want to donate some of your pins to help others? Then you've come to the right place! Each month, big sisters/big brothers will be given a chance to lend a helping hand to a newbie(s) that is chosen each month.

This is by no means a way to get unlimited free stuff. It's simply a group of people who want to help new members through donating things that can help new members who don't have enough pins to start trading/collecting or a way to reward them for being outstanding newbies.

Every month, one newbie will be chosen to be sent a Newbie Care Package! I'm hoping to send out at least TWO Newbie Care Package to start things off with a bang for the New Year! As of now, I'm hoping that the care package will consist of 3 pins (depends on how many big sisters/big brothers join in and the amount that in donated) and other random items that might be of use such as mailer envelopes, bubble wrap, mailing labels, small tapes, stickers, stationery...etc! A list will be made to make sure there are no repeats as a Newbie Care Package can only be sent to a newbie once in their pin trading lifetime as no one can be a newbie forever!

ncp.jpg

How newbies are chosen:
10 newbies will be chosen and YOU will be able to vote which newbie you think should be sent a Newbie Care Package! You can also PM me one newbie's name that you feel deserves to be nominated in AAN. "Newbies" are anyone who's join DPF in the past 6-10 months and have at least 1+ itrader feedback. Feel free to "test" qualifying newbies by looking through their posts, starting threads, by talking to them, who traded with them, trading with them... just basically knowing about them! The top three newbies will then be sent a Newbie Care Package!

What to send:
Feel free to send anything as it is not limited to pins. As long as you think it will help them such as mailer envelopes, bubble wrap, mailing labels, tapes, stationery... Romancing_Train and I had the idea that maybe we can also send a "how to" letter that can act as a guide. Feel free to email or PM me guides / how to that you think I should print out to be included in each Newbie Care Package!

How do I be a big sister / big brother?
1. Post in this thread to become a big sister / big brother! Anyone can become a big sister/big brother! Even if you're a newbie yourself :)

2. PM me one newbie nomination and, if you have it, their address since this will be super helpful especially because they are new! This info will not be disclosed until they are chosen. If you don't have a newbie to suggest, no worries! A list will be coming your way to put in your vote to see which newbie you want to sponsor! PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE WHO YOU ARE VOTING FOR!

3. I will then PM you the qualifying newbies. You will have a couple of days to look their current collection and their wants to see if you have anything that they might like or would be good for them to trade with. If you have pin(s) that you want to give to a specific newbie as it's in their wants please PM me or leave me a note with the pin.

You will be receiving a PM with information around 16th-23th of February. You will then give you my address so that I can make a care package for the newbies. If you rather make your own Newbie Care Package, I can PM you the newbies' address. This is meant to be a surprise so don't reveal it to your newbies or fellow big brothers and sisters!

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions and suggestions!

By being a big sister / big brother, you'll have a hand in helping someone who is dipping their toes in the pin trading world and making their stay an even more welcoming one! Feel free to keep in touch with your newbies afterwards and get to know them even more!

Big Sisters / Big Brothers for this month:
Orlandoismycat GOT
BugCatcherJenna
AgentofAnarchy
slightecho​

Big Sisters / Big Brothers for every month:
Milky
Romancing_Train
MerlinEmrys​

Past Newbie-Care-Packages sent to:
Dec 12: Queen, AgentofAnarchy, BugCatcherJenna

aan_top.jpg
Adopt-A-Newbie is named and inspired by Romancing_Train's RAK Attack!​

Last edited:
So I am a newbie right? And how do you get nominated to be chosen or do the big brother big sisters decide form all of them?
Hey Aceastrococopuff,

Yup! You're a newbie. Basically, the Big Sisters/Brothers of AAN go around the forum and see which newbies are active, kind, and participate in the forums and each Big Sisters/Brothers can nominate them. Then that list is sent out and we vote to see who gets sent a Newbie-Care-Package :D

Hello!
I am a newbie, and that sounds so sweet!!!
As much as I would love all the pin perks ;), I would really appreciate someone who wouldn't mind me asking them the 10000 questions I have.

--Thanks
Lana

Hello!
I am a newbie, and that sounds so sweet!!!
As much as I would love all the pin perks ;), I would really appreciate someone who wouldn't mind me asking them the 10000 questions I have.

--Thanks
Lana
Feel free to ask your questions here or in the General discussions :) I'm sure we all love to answer them for you ^_^

Sorry everyone! I've been really busy with life especially because recently a family medical problem came up so I have to take care of them. When I have time, PMs will be going out to vote for newbies :)

Back