• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Aladdin 2015 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aladdin 2015 Merchandise
I was kinda hoping some sort of info would've been leaked about 17" Jasmine by now, but I'm just happy D23 is coming up soon, and then hopefully some info!! :)

The Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment released a new cover for the Diamond Bly-ray/digital copy release & date for Aladdin!!! I'm seriously loving the new artwork :D

39f2c0a61f49fd92e3ae5fa9ab2b9262.jpg

Last edited:
Its beautiful! The cover art is actually a lot nicer than I was expecting! Now we just need to see what the pre-order bonuses are for retailers, like the lithographs for the Disney Store (will probably go up on the website next week). That means that the pre-order date for the Jasmine doll is getting ever closer!

Eh, I actually don't like that cover at all :(

The composition is nice and Genie looks great but there's something off about all the rest of the character's artwork. And why the heck is Iago on the cover when he is nothing but a villain/villain's sidekick in the first movie? That would be like putting LeFou on the cover for Beauty and the Beast without Gaston. He's very out of place.

Annnnddd looking for a good minute at the image I see that Aladdin and Jasmine have been VERY whitewashed. That is NOT okay, Disney.

Well, like I said, Genie looks great and I think and hope there will be a big Genie merchandise push along with this release. I know a lot of people want Jafar as the third LE doll to go with Al and Jas, but I want it to be Genie :love:

The composition is nice and Genie looks great but there's something off about all the rest of the character's artwork. And why the heck is Iago on the cover when he is nothing but a villain/villain's sidekick in the first movie? That would be like putting LeFou on the cover for Beauty and the Beast without Gaston. He's very out of place.

Annnnddd looking for a good minute at the image I see that Aladdin and Jasmine have been VERY whitewashed. That is NOT okay, Disney.

Well, like I said, Genie looks great and I think and hope there will be a big Genie merchandise push along with this release. I know a lot of people want Jafar as the third LE doll to go with Al and Jas, but I want it to be Genie :love:

I'm with you on the Iago part. I was wondering what the heck is this bird doing on the front cover & that he's not chilling on Jafar's shoulder -,-

But nonetheless, I'm in love with this cover! & I love that you mention that Genie is almost the main focus on the cover cause I was really hoping they would do a major tribute to him & already I'm liking what I'm seeing. Plus I could be dreaming but I'm kinda hoping they would do BOTH Jafar & Genie as surprise LE dolls :D but I'm already asking too much lol.

They don't look too bad for their skin tones considering how dark they look during their sequels (Return of Jafar & King & the forty thieves) but again you're right that I'm seeing a little whitewashed & hoping in person they would look more movie accurate.

Speaking about sequels, I'm really hoping they would also release those movies as a double pack for blu-ray/digital copy. Since it's Disney best animated sequels for classics ;)

Aladdin et Jasmine are SO off-model ! I don't like this cover art at all ! And I couldn't agree more about Iago, he seems bumping out off the bad Disney Toons sequels to say hello :s
I like the lamp ^^"

My thoughts exactly. Where is Jafar? And the characters look so odd except for Genie. I'm really sad because I love this movie so much.

All of these are very fair arguments! Looking at it some more, I do agree that Aladdin and Jasmine look kind of off and Iago randomly being there is kind of weird. I also don't think Disney intentionally meant to make Aladdin and Jasmine look white-washed, but I do agree that it is kind of noticeable. I still personally love it though, and Genie is the best part of the image. Keep in mind that this image could be altered by the time its actually released, as that is what Disney did for the Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition (Aurora originally had her Briar Rose outfit with her basket but it was changed to her pink dress outfit, while the forbidden mountain behind Maleficent was removed and replaced with a simple green background). Hopefully it goes up for pre-order at the Disney Store soon with images of the lithographs! That will make or break my decision to buy at the Disney Store.

Last edited:
I could die with excitement for the Aladdin blu ray AND all the merch. Aladdin came out when I was 5 years old, so Jasmine was to me what Elsa/Anna are to a lot of little girls today. I would LOVE to see her in her red or purple outfit, whether that be LEs, classics, or an animator doll/set. I'm really hoping for a nice Animator's Jasmine deluxe gift set, with a stuffed Raja...that would be awesome! As far as the 17" LE dolls go, I'm not sure how they would pull off a Jafar, with that tall hat he wears - but I'm really doubting they would do Genie. We'll for sure get Aladdin (someone mentioned he should be in his prince outfit with his hat off and a lamp in it, GREAT idea!) and Jasmine, and I do kind of want to see Jasmine in her classic teal outfit, but an alternative outfit would be amaaaazing...they've done it with other characters, so why not? With doll collecting booming like it is, you would think they'd want the extra $$!

On the White Washing:

This is a concept cover, typically it's much lighter especially since printing is always darker and making the cover holofoil with add darkness as well. Hopefully it turns out nice though :D

I'm just wondering how jasmine broke her nose..

Genie and the lamp do look amazing on the cover, but as far as Jasmine and Aladdin go, I don't really like them. Something is off . . . and Iago looks way out of place. If they did make a LE 17 inch Genie doll, I don't think I could pass him up, that would be awesome! I can't wait to see what all of the Aladdin artwork will look like for merchandise.

That's certainly something to think about. Let's hope they don't pull wedding Cinderella bs.

I'm with you on the outrageousness on the Wedding Cinderella price, but I highly doubt it will become the new normal price. I'm in the group that thinks that WC was priced the way she was simply because it was an LE 500 edition; it would surprise me if there weren't at least 4000 of Jasmine and 3000 of Aladdin. :)

As for the outfit I personally would love to see Aladdin in his princely attire; I like the idea of him and Jasmine wearing their "A Whole New World" outfits together and while I don't debox I think it would great if someone posed them together on the carpet. :) I am just so excited for this release in general, though! Aladdin has been one of the most memorable Disney movies for me and I love that it is finally getting its long deserved moment in the sun.

I could die with excitement for the Aladdin blu ray AND all the merch. Aladdin came out when I was 5 years old, so Jasmine was to me what Elsa/Anna are to a lot of little girls today. I would LOVE to see her in her red or purple outfit, whether that be LEs, classics, or an animator doll/set. I'm really hoping for a nice Animator's Jasmine deluxe gift set, with a stuffed Raja...that would be awesome! As far as the 17" LE dolls go, I'm not sure how they would pull off a Jafar, with that tall hat he wears - but I'm really doubting they would do Genie. We'll for sure get Aladdin (someone mentioned he should be in his prince outfit with his hat off and a lamp in it, GREAT idea!) and Jasmine, and I do kind of want to see Jasmine in her classic teal outfit, but an alternative outfit would be amaaaazing...they've done it with other characters, so why not? With doll collecting booming like it is, you would think they'd want the extra $$!

I was just thinking today how much I want an Animator Jasmine deluxe set with a stuffed Raja to go with my Rapunzel set! I hope they rerelease her with the pants version of her outfit instead of the last two because I love that one the most and it has gotten pretty expensive on eBay.

Just as heads up, you're able to pre-order Aladdin with the lithographs online at the Disney Store starting today! A little disappointed again there's no coupon voucher to go with the combo pack. But nonetheless, I'm very excited for what's to come :D

any news of anything? i called my local disney store and they arent even pre-ordered the movie until august??? plus she had no clue on any dolls...

DisneyStore sinks to a new low with the crap they are trying to sell as lithographs.

Maybe one day this company will be run by someone who actually knows what they're doing.

tumblr_mjm8neXyXc1runifxo4_250.gif

I am going to post the pictures of the lithographs here just for better reference.

1322002491732-2
1322002491732-3

1322002491732-4
1322002491732-5

I am honestly going to have to agree with lordofanime. These really are not that great. The first two are okay I suppose but I am really not feeling the other two, especially the one of Aladdin and Jasmine on carpet (which should have been the best one). Plus the fact that we still aren't getting the coupon is a big disappointment, as that was a really good incentive to get the movies at the Disney Store regardless of the lithographs. I am really interested in seeing what other retailers will be offering as retailer exclusives, like Best Buy's really nice alternate lenticular covers.

I am going to post the pictures of the lithographs here just for better reference.
I am honestly going to have to agree with lordofanime. These really are not that great. The first two are okay I suppose but I am really not feeling the other two, especially the one of Aladdin and Jasmine on carpet (which should have been the best one). Plus the fact that we still aren't getting the coupon is a big disappointment, as that was a really good incentive to get the movies at the Disney Store regardless of the lithographs. I am really interested in seeing what other retailers will be offering as retailer exclusives, like Best Buy's really nice alternate lenticular covers.

Forget the coupons! My biggest problem here is that Disney can pull up scans or screenshots from the movie and use them instead of using these images created solely for marketing purposes. Usually, it's been half and half. Half from the movie, and half from the promotional images. I don't know why they decided to do this now. They just simply don't look good and are deceiving because people think the are from the movie.

It's like inviting a guest over to your house. You can either serve them the fresh scrumptious cookies that you just baked or go to the extra trouble to the store and serve your guests some factory made pre-packaged cookies full of preservatives and additives.

Not just that, I haven't been here in a while, but man.... Aladdin and Jasmine look like crap on that cover. And with the whole vinylmation fiasco, I'm seriously like 101% done with the Disney at the moment.

quick edit: Aladdin looks like a woman in the group shot litho.

Forget the coupons! My biggest problem here is that Disney can pull up scans or screenshots from the movie and use them instead of using these images created solely for marketing purposes. Usually, it's been half and half. Half from the movie, and half from the promotional images. I don't know why they decided to do this now. They just simply don't look good and are deceiving because people think the are from the movie.

It's like inviting a guest over to your house. You can either serve them the fresh scrumptious cookies that you just baked or go to the extra trouble to the store and serve your guests some factory made pre-packaged cookies full of preservatives and additives.

Not just that, I haven't been here in a while, but man.... Aladdin and Jasmine look like crap on that cover. And with the whole vinylmation fiasco, I'm seriously like 101% done with the Disney at the moment.

quick edit: Aladdin looks like a woman in the group shot litho.

I completely agree. The scenes that you picked for the lithographs are pretty much perfect. I am really confused as to why they decided to go with stock promotional artwork for the film when the film itself has absolutely gorgeous art and animation. I suppose they may have been trying to go for a painting/artwork effect given how the characters are colored and drawn, but it really doesn't work that well. I personally think the cover for the Blu-ray itself will look really great in person though.

Also, not to get off the topic of Aladdin, but what fiasco is happening regarding vinylmations? I haven't been very active here lately either so I was just curious.

Here are my picks, if Disney did things right....

aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-3602.jpg
aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-4606.jpg
aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-9316.jpg
aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-6964.jpg

or
aladdin-disneyscreencaps.com-7290.jpg

So when are you gonna take over for marketing for future Disney products? ;D LOL

I completely agree. The scenes that you picked for the lithographs are pretty much perfect. I am really confused as to why they decided to go with stock promotional artwork for the film when the film itself has absolutely gorgeous art and animation. I suppose they may have been trying to go for a painting/artwork effect given how the characters are colored and drawn, but it really doesn't work that well. I personally think the cover for the Blu-ray itself will look really great in person though.

Also, not to get off the topic of Aladdin, but what fiasco is happening regarding vinylmations? I haven't been very active here lately either so I was just curious.

Well it was when they released an Aladdin vinylmation set in February of last year? I can't remember but it was long time ago. Anyways, they could've had the perfect opportunity to make beautiful 3" but instead & they made them JUNIOR sizes & into keychains. Personally, I still love them to death no matter what anybody says but was really disappointed that they missed the chance to turn into normal size vinylmations.

Well it was when they released an Aladdin vinylmation set in February of last year? I can't remember but it was long time ago. Anyways, they could've had the perfect opportunity to make beautiful 3" but instead & they made them JUNIOR sizes & into keychains. Personally, I still love them to death no matter what anybody says but was really disappointed that they missed the chance to turn into normal size vinylmations.

Ohhh right I remember that set. I personally thought the set was really cute (I own the standard Jafar), but I can understand why it frustrated everyone so much. For a film as popular as Aladdin, a standard 3" line would have made a lot more sense from a marketing standpoint, and it would have allowed artists to put more detail into the figures themselves and get more creative with the designs. Really, now that I think about it, haven't most of the fall Diamond editions gotten standard Vinylmations released alongside the movies?

Oh! That is nothing compared to what's happened since then!

1. Yeah... So Disney decided that they were going to release Aladdin as juniors, instead of being a full 3" figures, and a lot of people were kinda mad because the level of detail on them was meant to be on a bigger vinylmation.
2. Disney decided to hold the imagination gala and showcased a lot of new vinylmations but no dates.
3. Some big disneystore artists reported that they haven't worked on vinylmation designs since LAST SUMMER!
4. Every time they release a vinylmation set, they allocate like 10% to the online store and 90% to D-street. the 10% sell out in like 20 minutes and the ones in D-street end up going to the outlet store because they overstocked them. This meant that almost all the vinylmations released go on sale on the outlets for like 70% off, and multiple people have reported that the stock for the discounted vinylmations is increasing and increasing.
5. Release dates got screwed up... Massively!
  • One set came out without any announcements and sold out instantly online, and a lot of people didn't get the chance to buy them because they weren't aware that it had come out.
  • Some sets were announced to come out in like 3 weeks, but ended up going on sale at the end of the announcement week (so 3 weeks early) with no warning.
  • Some sets were advertised to come out in a specific date, online and in stores. They never showed up online.
  • Some sets that were parts of lines (Villainous Duos) didn't come out online, even though other sets in the same line were sold online.
  • The announced the annual Disney Parks vinylmations and mentioned when they would come out... They came out like 3 weeks late and showed up at the wrong stores.
6. Super, and I mean SUPER, limited stock at Disney Stores. See, vinylmation is usually sold in D-Street, but some sets are made for the Disney Store, those are usually the movie ones like Cinderella and 101 Dalmatians. Most stores no longer have these sets because they sold out and they never got any replenishment. With the exception of 101 Dalmatians which no one will buy due to dumb design decisions. 5 of the 8 were Dalmatians that looked very similar, while the two crooks and the maid didn't even get made. Not to mention Roger being tall but Cruella being short.
7. Disney officially removed ALL of the trading boxes from the parks and no longer hold vinylmation trading events. Which meant that every single collector who had piles and piles of traders had to sell them on eBay which devalued EVERY SINGLE VINYLMATION.
8. Limited-to-none new releases. It's been sooo long since we've had an announcement of a new set coming out and people aren't even sure if they will even make them anymore.
9. And finally, the final nail in the coffin..... This steaming pile of horse**** they decided to make:

Oh, and just to make matters worse, the chaser was an olaf wearing a hula skirt.

Yes. DisneyStore, go swim in the money you made off of Frozen and neglect all your fans who follow you blindly.

We went form this perfection:
MVG983615LARGE.jpg

To whatever this is:

I'm so sorry about the long rant, but I need to blow off some steam.

Last edited:
LOL I was waiting for your list of points, lordofanime, of all the negative outcome that vinylmation is literally coming to an end. I had to stop collecting them because of how massively messed up the system for release dates have been going since then. Plus like you said, it went to extraordinary to utterly looking like small people design for the frozen set. I really do miss the amazing designs they use to have back in the days. It would be a miracle if Disney has any signs of dignity to bring back vinylmations for Aladdin & this time in 3" form & way better & executed design quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back