• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)
I'm guessing its a no because I've never seen them, but did they ever make dolls for the first Alice movie? Also I wish they put Alice in that brighter outfit they're using on the posters

I love that Disney is releasing new classic Alice merch alongside the stuff for the new movie. So far nothing really catches my eye except that alarm clock and maybe the Alice doll, but its all very nice and beautiful merch none the less.

I'm guessing its a no because I've never seen them, but did they ever make dolls for the first Alice movie? Also I wish they put Alice in that brighter outfit they're using on the posters

There were no film collection or Jakks Pacific dolls, but there were some LE Tonner dolls released for the first film. As for her dress in the posters, I was really wanting to see the classic doll in that outfit as well. There are rumors floating around that the either the normal or platinum LE doll will be wearing that outfit though.

Yeah I heard one of the LE dolls will be Alice in the purple Mandarin outfit, and I think the blog said the other would be in the same outfit as the general release one (don't quote me!). Also, looks like the dolls have sold out again lol!

And on the topic of The Jungle Book again (since I brought it up and someone responded), it seems the reviews are really good so far and critics say that the 3d is the best since Avatar! Been a while since a good 3d movie came out, so that piqued my interest. Reviewers say Shere Khan is a terrifying villain and one guy said it's better than the animated version (not sure how much stock to put in this but anyway). I'll have to check it out.

Guess I'm in the minority, in that I don't like the animated Alice In Wonderland. Though I am a Wonderland fan, it's never appealed to me. Now the first live action Alice film I loved. Though because that year was hectic for me, I missed out on all the merch. So I'm thrilled to be able to get a few things this time around. It helps that I am a Tim Burton fan.

There was Ken (of Barbie & Ken) as Mad Hatter as I recall. Along with the Disney 17" Alice and Red Queen. And then there was the designer Queen of Hearts which was more like Red Queen than Queen of Hearts. And the Tonner dolls.

Ordered the pin set and the Chessie plush this morning (the two together allowed for the free shipping discount). Honestly, I'm more excited for the plush. lol

For the make-up fans (especially if you missed out on the first one), information about Urban Decay's Alice Through the Looking-Glass palette is starting to surface:

http://chicprofile.com/urban-decay-alice-through-the-looking-glass-palette-2016-summer

Urban-Decay-Alice-Through-The-Looking-Glass-Palette-2016.jpg

Urban-Decay-Alice-Through-The-Looking-Glass-Palette-2016-Summer-1.jpg

Wow! I love Urban Decay and the box design is really pretty! Although I really wish Sephora would bring back the Reigning Beauties Storylook palettes and products. Those were by far the prettiest and my favourites for Disney makeup.

I bought the Cheshire Cat bag and Alice doll. Once they arrive I'll post pictures of both. Wanted Hatter but with shipping, he will have to wait.

The shipping prices are killing me. I am wanting to get either the Red Queen doll or the alarm clock for now, but both cost more than I am willing to pay after shipping. I could get both with something small for the free shipping deal, but that's an awful lot to spend at once...

In other words, I need to get out of the house sometime soon and get to a physical store. :D

Yes, this is my issue. Between shipping and sales tax it adds up quickly. Haven't been to my local store since 2013 and I didn't want to risk them not having something in stock. So I ordered online but I do want to attempt a visit.

Anyone know when the LE dolls will be released? This if I try for one, would be my first in relation to a theatrical release.

Yeah the prices for shipping are ridiculous. My local store is around 30 minutes or so away from me, so that is really the only reason I haven't gone down there yet. Maybe I can finally make a trip in the next few weeks or maybe the website will have some kind of deal soon that make the online shopping more affordable.

As for the LE Alice dolls, I think its safe to say that they will be released on May 27th, which is the Friday that the movie comes out just like the live action Cinderella dolls. The platinum set (if it exists) would be online only, but the other dolls should be available in store.

You guys are lucky to have one even 30 minutes away! There are no Disney Stores near where I live, not even in the nice shopping plaza 30 minutes away from me. Our local mall is atrocious, but I remember as a child when it used to have a Disney Store....but it closed down shortly afterward. Never got another one since. I'm still waiting for a new mall to be built here, as this city is large and cool new things are being built up every day. But for now, I have to be satisfied going to a physical store only when I visit my brother in Atlanta.

The closest store to me is in the Toronto area, so over 2 1/2 hours away and I have to pay US prices and huge amounts for shipping. I'd love if they'd open more stores in Canada, but I also understand the market isn't as good as the US. Still, a website for Canadians would be the best option for me!

Thank you for the LE release information TheDisneyFantatic. I'll be working that morning, so my best bet is to try for them online.
As for Disney Store proximity, this is the first time in years that it isn't a two plus hour drive (one way) to get there.

I decided to get all of the dolls except Time last week and I love them they are so detailed i love them I usually debox but these are staying in their boxes. The LE dolls I will debox as I dont have space for the boxes. :eek::eek::eek: i know I know most keep them MIB but I cant. As for other Alice Merchandise I got the character cast mug and want the tea cup one. My mom saw the red Queen of Hearts purse and loved it(she loves red and the character) so I am getting it for her for mothers Day overall I am very pleased with the Alice merchandise and hope for similar high quality merchandise for Moana and next years Beauty and the Beast LA remake and maybe some for the Beauty and the Bast re release this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back