• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice: Through the Looking Glass (2016)
I have those headphones, bought them on Amazon a few weeks ago. Decent fit, sound quality is good considering these aren't super high end. And the details are a nice touch. Also the chord is covered in black fabric, which makes it less snag proof.

I called my store to confirm they are releasing the dolls on Monday, and the person I spoke to asked a manager and said the the dolls were being release online on Friday night and Saturday in store. I told them no it was supposed to be moved to Monday and they said that wasn't the case but to call back tomorrow to confirm the Saturday release date. :ugh:

I called my store to confirm they are releasing the dolls on Monday, and the person I spoke to asked a manager and said the the dolls were being release online on Friday night and Saturday in store. I told them no it was supposed to be moved to Monday and they said that wasn't the case but to call back tomorrow to confirm the Saturday release date. :ugh:

I feel like I need a chart to keep track of the changing dates. I understand cast members not knowing per say. But the manager?! Just in case I'll be checking in tomorrow night.

Realize that the dolls were packaged and shipped to stores a few weeks ago most likely. The boxes are probably marked with "Not for release until" and it probably says Saturday, because I doubt they had time or inclination to update the shipping box before they were sent out. All you need is a CM or manager who isn't paying attention and those dolls will be available (in store) on Saturday. Whether they're "supposed" to be or not. Definitely call again and hope they've gotten their sh*t together or if I were you I'd stop by the mall on Saturday if you can to be safe. My store was aware of the Monday release date but I think I'll call them now and make sure, haha.

Last edited:

I'm just so confused by these release dates! I took off today because I had originally heard they were coming out on the 27th and planned my schedule accordingly! Just learned that it's now the 30th and I don't know if I'll be able to get them! Now it could be tonight online and Saturday in the store...I'm just so confused! :*(

definitely will be calling then. :c

by the way, here is a bit more merchandising news.

"HSN is also getting in on the Wonderland craze. The popular shopping destination just released a 200+ piece "Alice Through the Looking Glass" fashion, home and beauty collection which includes playful skirts by Giuliana Rancic, whimsical jewelry by Heidi Daus, charming tea sets by Miranda Kerr and much more."

screen-shot-2016-05-23-at-6-49-08-pm-png.png

screen-shot-2016-05-23-at-6-22-43-pm-png.png

screen-shot-2016-05-23-at-6-40-18-pm-png.png

464798-jpg.jpg

there are some more things from this online catalogue but they were really basic, like a flower crown headband. would suggest checking out though.

I'm just so confused by these release dates! I took off today because I had originally heard they were coming out on the 27th and planned my schedule accordingly! Just learned that it's now the 30th and I don't know if I'll be able to get them! Now it could be tonight online and Saturday in the store...I'm just so confused! :*(
Disney seems to have really messed up the release dates on these dolls...I called my 2 local stores and the first one the guy was rude and had no clue All I got was our shipments are on Thursdays and he hung up...the second one said next week but check Disney.com for exact dates so fairly useless info from both ill try back later and ask to speak to a manager. This release has been nothing but confusion

Man this release date nonsense really has been chaotic hasn't it? Disney should have used the date they had to begin with and stuck with it. The Friday release would have matched up with the movie perfectly, and it would have saved everyone who wants these dolls a huge headache.

Man this release date nonsense really has been chaotic hasn't it? Disney should have used the date they had to begin with and stuck with it. The Friday release would have matched up with the movie perfectly, and it would have saved everyone who wants these dolls a huge headache.

I couldn't agree more! They should have stuck with the original date. And I can't imagine many people want to spend their Memorial Day lining up outside a store.

I couldn't agree more! They should have stuck with the original date. And I can't imagine many people want to spend their Memorial Day lining up outside a store.

Agreed! They should have left the date the same. I'll be lining up outside my Disney Store on Monday though. I have to work at 6pm gives me plenty of time to do the doll release and other things

definitely will be calling then. :c

by the way, here is a bit more merchandising news.

"HSN is also getting in on the Wonderland craze. The popular shopping destination just released a 200+ piece "Alice Through the Looking Glass" fashion, home and beauty collection which includes playful skirts by Giuliana Rancic, whimsical jewelry by Heidi Daus, charming tea sets by Miranda Kerr and much more."

screen-shot-2016-05-23-at-6-49-08-pm-png.png

screen-shot-2016-05-23-at-6-22-43-pm-png.png

screen-shot-2016-05-23-at-6-40-18-pm-png.png

464798-jpg.jpg

there are some more things from this online catalogue but they were really basic, like a flower crown headband. would suggest checking out though.

HSN earlier this week was having a 3 day Alice through the looking glass event. The sets were all Alice themed. They also had the costumes from the movie. I was bad and watched each night and bought a couple things. :cheshire:

Saw Alice tonight and actually thought it was cute... Much like maleficent not comparing it to its animated counterpart, it's an okay movie, not groundbreaking or spectacular by any means but okay. I was still disappointed and I still think it could have been better but I also feel it could have been a lot worse. I really liked Time, and I really really love all of Alice's outfits (still very tempted by the purple Alice doll). All in all I think it'll be a movie I personally will only watch on rainy days, but many of you may enjoy it very much so I definitely recommend giving it a chance. :)

Saw Alice tonight and actually thought it was cute... Much like maleficent not comparing it to its animated counterpart, it's an okay movie, not groundbreaking or spectacular by any means but okay. I was still disappointed and I still think it could have been better but I also feel it could have been a lot worse. I really liked Time, and I really really love all of Alice's outfits (still very tempted by the purple Alice doll). All in all I think it'll be a movie I personally will only watch on rainy days, but many of you may enjoy it very much so I definitely recommend giving it a chance. :)
I just saw it today and loved it. I liked burtons Alice not the best movie but I enjoyed it. To me through the looking glass was much better kept the same character designs(which I love) but used the colors and action plus it had touching parts without getting to mushy I also loved the back stories given to some of the characters. Overall I loved it and will be buying the blu ray

http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15886http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15887http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15888http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15892http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15891Hello there everyone, I just want to showyou my new dolls.

I went today in the evening to my local Disney store, just to be sure that the releasewill be tomorrow, and the manager just said to me that indeed the official releasein stores is tomorrow, but that if I want to buy the dolls today it was Ok, sohe sell them to me, just like that.
I’m still on shock

Last edited:
saw the movie opening day but i had to leave for seattle later that day and i just came back so i couldn't really post my reactions.

i loved it but i love everything alice in wonderland. it's like a haze or a curtain over my face that blinds me to the possible holes and other issues of the film. i just sort of programmed myself to love it so i do. i'm insane but maybe that's the point.

a couple of scenes dragged on too long but the pace of the film was steady, my favorite characters were back and everything about wonderland that i loved from the first film was more or less back in a re-imagined way. more so than that, i loved the many themes the movie touched upon and the message it was trying to get across about family, self-identity and confidence in yourself, being loyal to your friends, adventure and the wonder, etc. i appreciated that more than anything else. apart from the problems, looking at the bigger picture, the film truly inspires and succeeds in getting across these very important lessons in life.

that's why i'm going to get the doll. her outfit in the film resonates with me with regards to the scenes that she wore it in.

<3 can't wait for tomorrow.

http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15886http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15887http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15888http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15892http://disneypinforum.com/album.php?albumid=627&attachmentid=15891Hello there everyone, I just want to showyou my new dolls.

I went today in the evening to my local Disney store, just to be sure that the releasewill be tomorrow, and the manager just said to me that indeed the official releasein stores is tomorrow, but that if I want to buy the dolls today it was Ok, sohe sell them to me, just like that.
I’m still on shock

wow! o: thank you for sharing photos! congrats on getting it before the release!

I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was phenomenal! I love everything Alice anyway, but this had some lessons in it, and I loved the depiction of Time, which I always thought of as a villain anyway. Sacha Baron Cohen was so awesome. The cliche's about time were so fun, and the lesson at the end left me teary eyed, because it described the sad losses I've had this year. I will be seeing it next weekend again and buying it the moment it comes out!
:madhatter::cheshire:

guys, i'm so excited about the doll release today. it's 3am right now and i'll be heading to the mall in a little bit. i can't sleep anyway. will post photos right after i come home of alice. c:

I'm heading to my store shortly never it's about 720am I hope there isn't to long of a line. If I don't get the dolls I'll try online tonight

I'm sitting outside my preferred store, first (and only, ha) in line. Hoping my BFF turns up to keep me company. I don't really think I need to be here this early, but the store I go to for doll releases is farther than some others and if I drove this far and got skunked it would stink. So I forced myself to get up and get here instead of risking turning up closer to opening. The past few releases I've gone to, there have been people here ahead of me. (Please excuse the rambling ... it's too quiet here at the moment!)

I saw the movie yesterday and thought it was phenomenal! I love everything Alice anyway, but this had some lessons in it, and I loved the depiction of Time, which I always thought of as a villain anyway. Sacha Baron Cohen was so awesome. The cliche's about time were so fun, and the lesson at the end left me teary eyed, because it described the sad losses I've had this year. I will be seeing it next weekend again and buying it the moment it comes out!
:madhatter::cheshire:

I agree! I thought that Time was one of the strongest aspects of the film, along with Alice's quirky awesomeness. I do have some criticisms about the film as a whole, but I won't mention them because of spoilers, of course. I do like that there wasn't really a villain, though.

guys, i got alice. went to the mall super early and waited for four hours with a friend of mine who was first in line. another collector joined us and thus we were the three amigos. the wait was extremely slow and i was falling asleep. finally got home.

here she is.
tumblr_o8081fSTcD1r5hvmqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o808pt7xKE1r5hvmqo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o808pt7xKE1r5hvmqo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o808y2F6Bg1r5hvmqo1_1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back