• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! An Early Twin-mas Surprise!

ZAPPED! An Early Twin-mas Surprise!

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Today a wonderful package arrived at my front door and as always, it was the Wonder Twins @stratasfan and @GroguFan sending Christmas joy my way. This is the second year in a row that they’ve gone out of their way to send me some much appreciated Christmas surprises, and I couldn’t be luckier!

The first picture is of all the goodies wrapped up in awesome Disney wrapping paper! It’s so exciting seeing everything so neatly wrapped right before I ripped into it like a kid on Christmas morning. Lots of candy that I plan to devour as I watch some Hallmark this weekend. I am officially on a two week vacation from work so this should last me the duration :)
512489ec531e7937d445833a5f42bd66.jpg
Present #1
This WONDERFUL Pluto ornament featuring my DPF avatar!!! How amazing! I also got the cutest cards to send with future trades with the same print. So exited to use them in the new year. The ornament immediately went up on my tree and has a special spot on there now!!!
540bcbf55c1bf6d6025d7e5c3da02712.jpg

Present #2
The twins know me too well… With this year being the 30th Anniversary, this VHS cork board case was extra special. My older sister owned this VHS when I was younger, and I always remember going through all of them and putting them in order of what I liked best to least. How fun to have this for my Beauty and the Beast collection now, and I’ve already started to add some of my collection on there! Brought back so much nostalgia!!!
359c7823515c53a7667a06f7c56363c2.jpg

Wow, thank you Sarah and Elizabeth for always thinking of me and for being such a great friend to everyone. Your positive posts, friendly chats, and helpful tips make DPF the wonderful place that it is. Wishing you the very best Wonder Twins, and the same to my DPF family. Officially one week til Christmas!!!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Woohoo, congrats!

This just reminds me, all those VHS cases I've bought at the garage sales are waiting for me to do this cork display...but then I wonder, what happens to the actual VHS tape? Can't throw it away...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Merry Christmas! So glad the package made it there so quickly, we were worried about that. Some of the packages we've mailed have really taken roundabout ways. In fact, it was the 1st Class that has done the best, so we had to stay at 15.9 ounces to make sure the box would stay in that and get there on time . . . next time, I'll send you more candy. That is not enough for two whole weeks off and a lot of Hallmark movies! You need more candy. :)

You're a great part of DPF, and Sis and I are so blessed to count you our friend! Wishing you the best Christmas ever, and we're counting down the days with you!!

Merry Christmas, Michael! Sooooooo glad it arrived! Been wanting to make an ornament with your avatar image! Seemed like something you'd enjoy! As the thing I really want to send you is something I didn't have time for before Christmas . . . you may be getting some Christmas cheer later in the year! :)

I agree with Sis . . . that isn't enough of a snack to last two weeks! Speaking of Hallmark and Christmas movies . . . have you ever seen the Hallmark mysteries - "Murder, She Baked" The second one (A Plum Pudding Mystery) is a Christmas mystery and one of our favorites!

@TheMickeyMouseRules @Disneychildwithin @TonkaToy @momin.ator Thank you friends and Happy Holidays!!!!

@Disneychildwithin I absolutely love this VHS Display case! The material they used makes it so easy to pop pins on and off as you re-arrange. Maybe the twins can provide some tips on the cork they used and storage for the actual VHS itself.

@GroguFan Hehe I love candy and this will definitely get me through the weekend! I’m trying to be “good” on my diet but Christmas candy is a priority ;) Thank you my friend, your words and kind gesture mean the most! So excited to continue to count down to Christmas with you!!!

@stratasfan I was overjoyed when I saw my baby Pluto avatar in an ornament! You two always know how to spoil a guy! My roommate thought it was the coolest thing ever! I have been watching movies on the main channel, but now you have piqued my interest and I’ll be searching for the Hallmark mystery movies now!!! That would be a fun change of pace.

Thank you to all my DPF family who make the holidays oh so special :)

@TheMickeyMouseRules @Disneychildwithin @TonkaToy @momin.ator Thank you friends and Happy Holidays!!!!

@Disneychildwithin I absolutely love this VHS Display case! The material they used makes it so easy to pop pins on and off as you re-arrange. Maybe the twins can provide some tips on the cork they used and storage for the actual VHS itself.

@GroguFan Hehe I love candy and this will definitely get me through the weekend! I’m trying to be “good” on my diet but Christmas candy is a priority ;) Thank you my friend, your words and kind gesture mean the most! So excited to continue to count down to Christmas with you!!!

@stratasfan I was overjoyed when I saw my baby Pluto avatar in an ornament! You two always know how to spoil a guy! My roommate thought it was the coolest thing ever! I have been watching movies on the main channel, but now you have piqued my interest and I’ll be searching for the Hallmark mystery movies now!!! That would be a fun change of pace.

Thank you to all my DPF family who make the holidays oh so special :)

@Disneychildwithin - I could certainly give you tips on making the cases into boxes . . . but sadly can't give you any tips on something to do with the video tapes themselves . . . we took two paper grocery bags of them to Goodwill when I went through them . . . kept the cases I wanted for projects, donated everything else. I couldn't come up with anything for the tape itself. I do have a couple of assorted tapes left for nostalgia. Not Disney, but favorites, and they are shelved behind our DVDs. We play about a VHS tape a year, I bet still. Almost to the point of not using the player once a year, though!

@Disneychildwithin - I could certainly give you tips on making the cases into boxes . . . but sadly can't give you any tips on something to do with the video tapes themselves . . . we took two paper grocery bags of them to Goodwill when I went through them . . . kept the cases I wanted for projects, donated everything else. I couldn't come up with anything for the tape itself. I do have a couple of assorted tapes left for nostalgia. Not Disney, but favorites, and they are shelved behind our DVDs. We play about a VHS tape a year, I bet still. Almost to the point of not using the player once a year, though!
I'd definitely appreciate any tips!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Back