• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Anna or Elsa

Who is your favorite so far?

• Anna

Votes: 41 44.6%
  • Elsa

Votes: 51 55.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna or Elsa
Anna won me over when Kristoff called her "feisty pants" in the third trailer. Actually that whole scene. And some article where she is referred to as Disney's first "a-dork-able" princess." I haven't actually read the article because I'm too afraid of spoilers.

Just by appearance alone, I would say Elsa, just because the winter snow-queen look is just awesome, though I am not terribly fond of the top of her hairdo (it kind of reminds me of a stylized mullet). By personality, I will have to reserve judgement on that until I see the film, hopefully on opening day! :p

Two words... Idina Menzel!

GAME OVER!

Hmmm, I guess this hasn't swayed me since I'm not sure who she is.

Oooh, she was in Enchanted. Neato. :)

Looking at the voices the only one I'm actually familiar with at all is Anna, and even then I don't think I've actually watched any of her shows.

Last edited:
Today at school, I showed Elsa & Anna to 2 of my close friends at college who didn't know about the movie. And they both said Anna is prettier than Elsa! I was in shock lol hahaha. I was like: "Seriously?? But Elsa is so unique, and full of crystals and has a platinum blonde hair! That's super cool", to which they replied: "Yeah but Anna is cutier and more princess like". Everyone is going to have their favorite, but I think this will make the movie more popular :)

PS: Oohh and my friends also said Kristoff is better than Hans, while I prefer Hans lol.

Today at school, I showed Elsa & Anna to 2 of my close friends at college who didn't know about the movie. And they both said Anna is prettier than Elsa! I was in shock lol hahaha. I was like: "Seriously?? But Elsa is so unique, and full of crystals and has a platinum blonde hair! That's super cool", to which they replied: "Yeah but Anna is cutier and more princess like". Everyone is going to have their favorite, but I think this will make the movie more popular :)

PS: Oohh and my friends also said Kristoff is better than Hans, while I prefer Hans lol.

I'm definitely on the Hans bandwagon. He's dreamy. ;)

What do people think of Idina as Elsa's voice? Because I havent seen the movie yet I just cant see it matching especially since Idina's voice can get high and a little shrilly when she hits the high notes and well I sort of thought of Elsa having a softer tone voice rather than the higher pitched tone that Idina brings to the character. But again my opinion may change when I see the movie so it will be interesting to see, I cannot wait for this movie to be released! Come on advance screenings coz I cant wait until Boxing day! LOL

What do people think of Idina as Elsa's voice? Because I havent seen the movie yet I just cant see it matching especially since Idina's voice can get high and a little shrilly when she hits the high notes and well I sort of thought of Elsa having a softer tone voice rather than the higher pitched tone that Idina brings to the character. But again my opinion may change when I see the movie so it will be interesting to see, I cannot wait for this movie to be released! Come on advance screenings coz I cant wait until Boxing day! LOL
I had some reservations as well, but her voice fit perfectly. I don't like when I'm watching an animated movie and I'm distracted by an actor's voice...because I only see the actor and not the character (I'm looking at you, Dreamworks <--Just fyi, I don't think all DW casting horrible...). I can honestly say that although Idina has a very distinct voice, I completely forgot it was Idina and only saw Elsa. :)

I had some reservations as well, but her voice fit perfectly. I don't like when I'm watching an animated movie and I'm distracted by an actor's voice...because I only see the actor and not the character (I'm looking at you, Dreamworks <--Just fyi, I don't think all DW casting horrible...). I can honestly say that although Idina has a very distinct voice, I completely forgot it was Idina and only saw Elsa. :)

Cool thank you! Glad to get an opinion from someone who has seen it, that is sort of what I was worried about but I am hoping that when I see it the voice will grow on me and like you wouldnt even remember who the actress behind the voice is.

I voted for Anna, but I saw the World of Color Winter Dreams show last night at DCA, and my goodness, Elsa is truly wonderful. I was concerned about Idina's voice at first too, and I don't think I'll be 100% convinced until I see the full film, but just seeing the "Let It Go" segment, I felt so much emotion put into one character. I'm even more excited than before to see the film now! :)

I love Anna! I thought Elsa would be my favorite but as I see more and more trailers I am loving Anna's personality.

I'm glad to see it's almost equal here because every time a kiddo brings a Frozen toy to me at work I ask "who is your favorite, Elsa or Anna?" And every single one of them so far says "the one with the snow powers."

I think without knowing the characters I just echo the impression of how she looks, and go with Elsa. I think the 'quirky girl' can get a bit irritating, Rapunzel irritated me a bit at the beginning, but she has grown on me so maybe the same will go for Anna. Either way I'm going for an Elsa doll his morning :)

I'm with Elsa as well.
Elsa doesn't look like someone to be taken lightly, especially with the frostbite finger tips and all.:nono: Lol. :) I like the fact that we don't know much about her and what she is capable of if she needs to protect herself or loved ones. Hopefully the character buildup will be worth while.
As for Anna, I have a strong feeling that I'm going to like her character just as much. Who wouldn't like a silly, partially clumsy, awkward flirtatious, strong willed cutie? Eh!;)

Caution: May be spoilery!

If there was also a poll for the guys I would totally vote for kristoff >> hes just so out of the ordinary from the typical "i think im so dashing" male characters.. im looking at you Flynn and Naveen >>
When images were first released of Anna there was a lot of commotion of everyone calling her "Rapunzel on ice". At first I was able to dismiss the visual similarities thinking "well, the characters will probably be totally different!" but the more familiar I get with the movie the more im coming back to that... In my opinion they do have a lot of similarities which makes me favor Elsa more for her unique character. She is dealing with issues that no other disney princess has had to worry about... so she got my vote :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back