• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Any other WhatNot addicts?

QUESTION Any other WhatNot addicts?

Sithathoriunet

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
A couple of weeks ago, a friend I made through PinPics invited me to the short format auction website/app called WhatNot. Short like 30 seconds. I am completely addicted. You can get on the app just about any time of day and find people selling pins. From $1 starts up to hundreds of dollars per pin. I've been looking for and following the sellers at the lower end, because my wants are pretty basic at this point. Even with that, though, I'm now following about 25 sellers. I probably need to put myself in pin jail, but today I've won a bunch of auctions for around $5 each, of pins that I normally see sell for up to $20-$25 on that other infamous auction site. So far everything that's been delivered has been genuine, no fakes or scrappers.
Anyway, if you want to try it out, you can use my referral link to get $10 off your first purchase (shipping and tax not included) and when you do, I get $10 to spend as well.
I apologize in advance if I get any of you into trouble, haha!

I try to avoid it since I can easily get in trouble there. I have attended a few shows benefitting the Ed Asner Family Center (they mostly sell Funkos pops so I’m safe there) and a few all day events hosted by Disney Pins Blog where I’ve won a few giveaways.
Ooo I haven't found Disney Pins Blog on there yet. Congrats on your giveaway wins!
I won a Hawkeye LE pin on the third stream I watched, from adventuresbyminnie, but I haven't had any giveaway luck since then.

They’ve done a few events so far. It starts with them and they do some giveaways and then shuffle everyone to someone else’s sale. Then after a few hours there they shuffle everyone over to someone else. So it winds up being an all-day thing across multiple sellers.

Dawn turned me on to the Figmentguypins. I watched a few times. Trying to learn how it works. Entered a raffle, like my third or fourth time watching and was shocked I won a stitch Halloween pin. Arrived within, like 5 days.

I had accrued $25 in new customer credit as I was cruising a few vendors.

I watched the Twins (pinfolio) 6th anniversary sale, two weeks ago this Saturday. Bid on a three page villian pinfolio and WON for $35. Because of my credit, it only cost me $17.50 with shipping. I was Happy.

And the debit hit my account in like 5 minutes. And the package was dropped in the mail the next day. I was impressed.

But, I do agree, these pin sales are dangerous for the pocketbook.

It sure is different from all the other social media and Ebay, that's for sure.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Wow, @Connies_Hobby , a free Stitch pin and a serious deal on pinfolio sounds amazing, congrats!
And I agree, so different from all the other platforms. I'm really enjoying it, and am trying very hard to ONLY bid on pins that are already on my small (less than 250) list of wants.

This sounds alot like the poshmark "live shows" where the item goes up for quick bids and poof onto the next item. The ones i went to also had giveaways but i don't know if they still do the giveaways. I've got a referral code for posh if anyone needs one, works the same you get $10 free and so do i.

I wasn't really interested in this whatnot until reading all of you chiming in with what you got in giveaways and really low prices, now i have to decide if its better for me to never look. Or try it and then have to use self restraint..... hmmmm decisions decisions....

@noone I've never tried Poshmark, because I thought it was just clothes, and I'm not really a "fashion girl". Do they sell other things, too?
Yup, lots of Disney Pins and tons of other things too. They have house stuff, kitchen stuff, electronics, video games, collectables of all types, Disney makeup, Dolls, office stuff, pet stuff and of course clothes LOL. You can pm me if you want a referral code for $10 off first purchase ;)

Last edited:
Update on the 4 fake pins:
The seller messaged me back an apology and said they would refund me for those pins.
It's still a bummer, because they were pins from my ISOs that I was really excited for, but at least I'm not out that money.
Good to know that they are willing to make it right, sorry you missed out on the pins you wanted though.

I’m having a similar problem too.. I don’t even know how or what to tell the seller that they are fakes..
I haven't been on WhatNot in some time (was spending too much money) but I think I remember there being a contact button to message sellers on their profile page. Just be frank and tell them what is wrong with the pins. If they don't cooperate, I think I remember there being a function to report the transaction to WhatNot.

Back